t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep

Waterton Canyon closed on WED 20th- Sat morn.

1600 West 12th Avenue
    Denver, Colorado 80204
    Phone: 303-628-6000
    Fax: 303-628-6349
    http://www.denverwater.org

Waterton Canyon Closure Update
    May 15, 2009: Waterton Canyon will be closed to public access from Wednesday, May 20, 8 p.m., until Saturday, May 23, 7 a.m., for routine maintenance work by Denver Water crews. Neither the parking lot at the canyon's entrance nor the canyon will be accessible. Waterton Canyon will reopen at 7 a.m. on Saturday, May 23.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE ON

May 15, 2009

For details, contact:

Stacy Chesney
    (303) 628-6584 (office)
    (720) 232-7214 (cell)
    stacy.chesney@denverwater.org

CONSERVE

I stumbled on this this morning, while checking on the legality of coming out of the canyon after dark. Not sure on the official rules of that ie: like jeffco one hour after sunset. Anybody know for sure.
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

mtbr member
    I was planning on doing indian creek this evening and rolling out of the canyon around 9... For some reason I thought I had read somewhere that the park closes an hour after sunset.

I wonder if I was not parked in the main lot if it would be a problem to be riding out of the canyon at 9
    Last edited by av_boy; 05-20-2009 at 07:12 AM.

Stayin' Puft
    There is a sign when you ride in, that says canyon opens 1/2 hour before sunset, and closes 1/2 hour after sunset.

I am sure you could get out if you were...ahem..."delayed" by a mechanical or something, but the ranger that lives in the house back along the road might be having a word with you on your way.