I can't ride 45!

Watchout, thieves snooping around Golden!

I got in my car this morning to find someone had rooted around in my glovebox and console and stole my garage door remote. Luckily nothing else is missing from the car or garage. I have disabled the garage door and nothing will be unlocked at my house.

loco
    Yeah. We've had alot of Garage breakins lately at the Condos I live at near 470 and kipling. It sems as though the thieves have a master key of some sort to open up everyones garage. All the nice weather lately is bringing the crooks out. (And all the road ragers). My bike now is in the house and locked up.
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." (Ferris Bueller)

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by konacoffee
    My bike now is in the house and locked up.
    Yep, I always keep mine stored away down in my basement. Its a pain to carry it up/down the stairs every time, but I don't like taking chances with accidentally leaving the garage door up all night or some freaking thief having an opener that will get in.

mtbr member
    Met up with some other guys at the T-Rex lot last summer to carpool up to Keystone. Drove around the parking lot and spotted two cars with busted windows. It was only 8am. We parked elsewhere. On the drive back I spotted a cop car attending to another break in. I've seen break in evidence at the Deer Creek Canyon dirt lot on Wadsworth also. Keep your valuables with you!

Your bike sucks
    Not Golden but my car got hit about 1 month ago. Took my Sirius radio (not exactly good anymore - totally disabled)

I left my garage door opener in there. Luckily, they didn't take it or use it cause my garage is the mother load. Then again, I likely would have heard the garage opening and met them with some lead.

mtbr member
    ...I don't even lock my house or garage. Remote and rural has it's advantages.
    Phillipians 2:3-8 "...but (Christ) made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant..."

contains quinine
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeCOLORADO
    I've come home to find that my garage door has been up all day while I was at work, gone for almost 10 hours. 6 bikes ready for the taking. Door unlocked into the house.

Noone touched anything.

Not that I like to leave it to chance.
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeCOLORADO
    I would be carefull about that... We lived remote and rural and although the house was fine had every last thing stolen from the shed... Chainsaw, compressor, drills, saws, air hammer...

mtbr member
    There are a few "stay away" hints;
    - the four free roaming dogs.
    - the "Beware of Dogs" signs.
    - the "Tresspassers Will Be Shot: Survivors Will Be Shot Again" sign.
    - the spent .45 acp, 7.62x39, .357 magnum and 12ga shells laying around.

Not to mention you practicly need GPS coordinates to find the place, I'm not too worried.
    Phillipians 2:3-8 "...but (Christ) made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant..."