Kuwahararacer
    May 2009

wanted:MTB racing 2009 season info

I am a proficient long time BMX racer. I recently rode apex trail on a borrowed trek no suspension and had a blast!!! A couple days later I bought my first mountain bike (Giant Faith 3, boxxer world cup, pearl 3.1 rear shock , hussfeldt crank, avid juicy 7, sick bars and stem, the works, etc..) and a monster was born. I tear up apex, chimney gulch on a regular basis now and has proven great for stamina building when I go practice on the 20" at the BMX track. My delima that I face is every BMX race weekend has been cancelled due to weather. I just want to race I dont care what kind xc,dh, super dh, 4 cross; but where should I start? I saw winter park has a nice assortment of races this season, and some other xc events. I would like some advice on where to start and if I need to get classification or what have you. I have raced BMX on and off since 1996 I am now 22 years old 6'4" 160lbs where is my competition????

abnormally aspirated
    Jun 2005
    racemsc.com

mountain states cup

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Please make sure that your understanding of trail etiquette and conservation is as up to speed as the rest of you.

Rocket Scientist
    There are a bunch of us on the board here who are into the racing scene.
    PM me or Snowskilz if your interested in some DH riding.

percocet pioneer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bends But Doesn't Break
    Please make sure that your understanding of trail etiquette and conservation is as up to speed as the rest of you.
    Nice, way to stay on topic and digress. I'm glad there's positive attitudes like yours in our community.

To the OP, check out the MSC website. Are you in college? If so you should check out collegiate DH as well.

slow
    This is a pretty good list, with web links to most:

http://www.yourgroupride.com/mountai...lish-mtb-races

Kuwahararacer
    May 2009
    Im pumped!! thanks all, msc seems pretty promising and mor of a challenge than winter park!! I am in college $ally hu$tle would you mind elaborating mole on collegiate dh?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by $ally Hu$tle
    Nice, way to stay on topic and digress. I'm glad there's positive attitudes like yours in our community.
    You're welcome.