mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Wanted: Childrens Bike Trailer and Womens Bike

I am looking for one of those bike trailers to carry two kids and a womens mtn/comfort bike. (for my wife!)

I have looked around online, checked out some bike shops and am starting to do the garage sale thing but am tired of looking at people's junk all day. I figured the forums are like a garage sale with good stuff so if anyone can help me out please let me know.

mtbr member
    Post up your wifes stats (not those stats you sickos). How tall is she? Looking for FS or hardtail? Might help narrow the search.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Too easy

Ha ha, yeah the jokes are just too easy on this thread, I should have known better.

We are really just looking for anything at this point but my wife is short so a womens small for sure. Prefer a hard tail, she really won't be on the mountain trails, just bike paths and the dirt road through Roxborough on the way to the CO Trail, things like that. Not ready to take her on the real trails, not sure if I don't want to do that to her or to myslef!

There is an '05 GT ???something??? at Performance but we haven't been able to find the small. A 'comfort bike' would work too, I guess that defines geometry, tread etc? That's about as far as I want to limit it, just looking to get her on a bike and get the boys out as well.

Thanks for your thoughts!

mtbr member

Trailer

Ive got a 2 kid trailer that mine are too big for. Its functional and safe with no status appeal and a small price. Co springs area
    Mike

mtbr member
    http://denver.craigslist.org/bik/153925561.html

(not me....just stumbled across it on craigslist.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Craigs List

Thanks for the link but it went to a Jamis bike, I did find a good Burley trailer on there today, I have called them 2x but they haven't returned my call.

Probably getting a bike from Campus since I can get a 10% discount and they are close by but I am still on the lookout for a trailer!

DSR
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    You may have found something already, but just a quick heads up (ie, SPAM!) that I own a kids outdoor shop in Boulder (Trail Kids, contact info below) that specializes in new and used kids gear - including bike trailers, kids bikes and tag-along bikes. We're a Burley dealer and carry four new Burley models starting at $215 new. And we usually have some used ones in as well.

Mention mtbr and we'll give you 10% off any new items. If you know anyone else looking, spread the word. We're still relatively new and are working to get the word out. Thanks, Scott