Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

walker ranch TH closure / preferred route?

905 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Jdub 
#1 ·
FYI, the south boulder creek TH is closed through the fall... the other two are still open.

see passion post for pix from ride tonight:
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=215551

while i'm here though, just curious where most people usually start and which direction?
i'm usually coming up from boulder, so head up flagstaff to south boulder creek TH and ride counter-clockwise (in order to hike down the cliffs). ;) started at ethel harrold TH instead tonight and rode clockwise... was actually a nice change of pace. :thumbsup:

#2 ·
gotdirt said:
i'm usually coming up from boulder, so head up flagstaff to south boulder creek TH and ride counter-clockwise (in order to hike down the cliffs). ;) started at ethel harrold TH instead tonight and rode clockwise...
I hate walking up/down the stairs, so I do what me and some of my riding buddies dub "Best of Walker".

We start at the first lot coming up from Flagstaff (I guess that is S. Boulder Creek?) and go counter-clockwise till you hit the portage area, then turn around and head back to the car. This route skips the portage and some of the doubletrack, and actually has more mileage and climbing than just a regular loop.

See this link for details

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.