Thread: Walker?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Walker?

Walker was listed as "Fair" on the boulder muddy trails site back on the 8th. Anyone know the status now?

http://www.bouldercounty.org/openspa...ails_meter.htm

mtbr member
    I happy to see that they are keeping that site up to date.

Erik

Stiff yet compliant
    Quote Originally Posted by bedell99
    I happy to see that they are keeping that site up to date.

Erik
    It is up to YOU to update trail conditions.

swilliams@bouldercounty.org

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    So I went up to walker and gave it a try. The downhill from the trailhead down to the creek was bone dry. After that mostly dirt going along the creek, but patches of snow and ice. On the uphill to crescent meadows there was a lot of snow (north facing slope), and some ice, but it was ridable. The snow was the consistency of styrofoam so you weren't sinking in or anything. Turned around at crescent meadows and went back to the trailhead. Then went the other way up the climb to the start of the downhill switchbacks. Pretty much snow free all the way. Nice thing was almost no mud.

So I didn't ride the switchbacks and I didn't ride the backside of the trail or check the stairs. I would expect the stairs to be a little sketchy, I brought my yak trax for those but didn't have time to do the whole loop.

All this will probably be obsolete information after tonight though.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    FYI I hiked some of walker yesterday (starting from the trailhead and going left) and it was all dry up to the switchbacks. The switchbacks were pretty much 100% snow and ice. Somewhat rideable (if sometimes sketchy) going downhill but it didn't look rideable going up. I didn't get to the stairs but hikers coming from there said bring your yak traks. There were a few muddy spots after the switchbacks, but mostly ok. Starting from the trailhead and going right would probably be about like 4 days ago, ie pretty decent.