mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Volunteers Needed at Bobcat Ridge

Volunteers are still needed for the October 18th trail work on the Ginny Trail. Free Ride alternative lines are going to be installed on the Ginny Trail. Volunteers are needed to make this happen.

Contact Information: Greg Mazu of Single Track Trails 970-222-4839 gregmazu@gmail.com

Also, Ranger Karl Manderbach: 970-218-0629 kmanderbach@fcgov.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    double bump

mtbr member
    You mean "Freeride" alternative lines? On government property? That's awesome! Way to progress! Unfortunately I'll be out of the state until March or so.....
    Biker? I don't even know her.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    What is meant by "Freeride?" Some jumps and drops will be awesome!! Or is it just building a trail? Some people call Little Raven trail a Freeride trail, but I think that is an inaccurate description. I will be there with bells on if we are building kickers and jumps, drops and advanced, challenging sections.
    Any more info on the build day would be appreciated!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Eric,

Here is some information that we have planed:

Ginny Trailwork Day-Bobcat Ridge-Oct 18th

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Email gregmazu_AT_gmail to sign up for this event

There is a trail work day planned for 8:30AM October 18th at Bobcat Ridge in Masonville.

Work will focus on constructing elevated trail features through a couple of the areas that remain boggy after snow storms or summer rains.

There are an additional 3 areas that alternate options of the black diamond or double black diamond skill level will be constructed.

All features are going to be constructed out of existing timber that is located onsite.

There is also a link in the post from Greg Mazu (splitter66) for more information.

Lunch will be provided by the Diamond Peaks Mountain Bike Patrol and the City of Fort Collins.

This trail day is brought to you by:

City of Fort Collins Natural Areas
    Singletrack Trails Inc
    DPMBP

With help from: MHTA

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    So how'd it go, I missed this post unfortunately or i would have been there. Did you guys finish up, or will there be another build day?

Any information on how to find the new trails/features?

slow
    Looks great. I can't wait to get up there. Here are some photos taken by Quasimotogold. Looks to me like the features should be easily found on the Ginny trail.

Thanks to all who worked on this, and thanks to FCNA for allowing it.

"Oldfart from Wayback"

Another big thumbs up to FCNA !

Quote Originally Posted by sgltrak
    Thanks to all who worked on this, and thanks to FCNA for allowing it.
    From Quasimodogold's photos it looks great, a very "forward" approach I'd say.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    A big Thank You to all that showed up to help. It was a great day and we got a lot accomplished. We will be out again soon to finish up what we couldn’t get to on Saturday.

There IS more to come. Look for more build days in the Spring.

FCNA

Members who have read this thread: 0