Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 97
  1. #1
    Ride Everything
    Reputation: GRAVELBIKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,403
    GRAVELBIKE.COM - ride everything

  2. #2
    Now with 10% more!
    Reputation: Da Dook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    405
    "Paul Seward lives in the 4100 block of Eldorado Springs Drive, just north of the Doudy Draw trailhead. He said it's not uncommon for up to 60 cars to line the road by his home on any given weekend. "

    More trails (options) sounds like a good solution.

  3. #3
    Bad Case of the Mondays
    Reputation: Jdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,920
    "Councilwoman Lisa Morzel has proposed the possibility of a wider tag system, potentially for bikes or even hikers."

    Anyone want to bet on hikers ever requiring tags? Total posturing of the council to say "bikers and hikers" and really just be targeting bikers.

  4. #4
    I'm with stupid
    Reputation: hitechredneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,045
    I'm glad I don't live in the people's republic of boulder. I stay away if I am on two wheels.


    I tapped that

  5. #5
    Yappy little dog!
    Reputation: schnauzers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,881
    So much fun, so little time.

    Hmmm....

    1942: "Jews are evil. We must tag and eliminate them.", Hitler
    2011: "Mountain bikers are evil. We must tag and eliminate them.", Corzel

    Ok, I took a little liberty with the quotes, but I think the message is clear. Use that and turn it against her.

  6. #6
    Now with 20% more fat!!
    Reputation: JSD303's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by schnauzers View Post
    So much fun, so little time.

    Hmmm....

    1942: "Jews are evil. We must tag and eliminate them.", Hitler
    2011: "Mountain bikers are evil. We must tag and eliminate them.", Corzel

    Ok, I took a little liberty with the quotes, but I think the message is clear. Use that and turn it against her.
    Your rhetoric goes to ELEVEN...


  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: steadyflow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,061
    Boulder is a joke......

  8. #8
    Yappy little dog!
    Reputation: schnauzers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,881
    Quote Originally Posted by JSD303 View Post
    Your rhetoric goes to ELEVEN...

    Just have some fun for once.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,882
    I think they should just tag schnauzers.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

  10. #10
    Yappy little dog!
    Reputation: schnauzers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,881
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy View Post
    I think they should just tag schnauzers.
    They already do.

  11. #11
    !Vamos, flaco!
    Reputation: Pabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,358
    Quote Originally Posted by schnauzers View Post
    Just have some fun for once.
    Unless the subject is genocide or a list of the "best" movie villians, any reference to the Nazis pretty much wipes away any credibility an argument might possible have. It also really undermines the credibilty and perspective of the person who made such a comparison.

    See also Godwin's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

  12. #12
    Yappy little dog!
    Reputation: schnauzers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,881
    Quote Originally Posted by Pabs View Post
    Unless the subject is genocide or a list of the "best" movie villians, any reference to the Nazis pretty much wipes away any credibility an argument might possible have. It also really undermines the credibilty and perspective of the person who made such a comparison.
    Why is that and who's reasoning is it? I think it is a very good comparison. Are you saying that Hitler did not make a point of singling out a particular group of individuals?

  13. #13
    !Vamos, flaco!
    Reputation: Pabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,358
    Quote Originally Posted by schnauzers View Post
    Why is that and who's reasoning is it? I think it is a very good comparison. Are you saying that Hitler did not make a point of singling out a particular group of individuals?
    If you honestly need someone to point out the differences between Hitler's singling out an ethono-religious group of people for genocide is different that land managers limiting access for certain types of recreation on public lands ... well, then, my friend, you may well have lost all perspective and I likely won't take anything you say serious ever again.
    "Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,882
    Quote Originally Posted by Pabs View Post
    If you honestly need someone to point out the differences between Hitler's singling out an ethono-religious group of people for genocide is different that land managers limiting access for certain types of recreation on public lands ... well, then, my friend, you may well have lost all perspective and I likely won't take anything you say serious ever again.
    schnauzers is, after all, schnauzers.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

  15. #15
    !Vamos, flaco!
    Reputation: Pabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,358
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy View Post
    schnauzers is, after all, schnauzers.
    So it seems. Your comment is the meanest thing to ever happen since the Taliban killed all those people!
    "Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

  16. #16
    Yappy little dog!
    Reputation: schnauzers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,881
    Quote Originally Posted by Pabs View Post
    If you honestly need someone to point out the differences between Hitler's singling out an ethono-religious group of people for genocide is different that land managers limiting access for certain types of recreation on public lands ... well, then, my friend, you may well have lost all perspective and I likely won't take anything you say serious ever again.
    It's an InTeRWeBz forum. Do you really take anything seriously?

    As I said, I took liberty with the quotes. It's an article in the Daily rag, who make it a point to instigate the user groups on a weekly basis. I don't take it seriously.


  17. #17
    !Vamos, flaco!
    Reputation: Pabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,358
    Quote Originally Posted by schnauzers View Post
    It's an InTeRWeBz forum. Do you really take anything seriously?

    As I said, I took liberty with the quotes. It's an article in the Daily rag, who make it a point to instigate the user groups on a weekly basis. I don't take it seriously.

    It's so not serious that you made the Hitler comparison. Awesome. I guess trail access isn't serious. You know who else took things seriously? Joe Stalin. That must mean I'm just like Stalin.
    "Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

  18. #18
    Yappy little dog!
    Reputation: schnauzers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,881
    Quote Originally Posted by Pabs View Post
    It's so not serious that you made the Hitler comparison. Awesome. You know who else took things seriously? Joe Stalin. That must mean I'm just like Stalin.
    Oh, the irony.

    Yesterday, in 1943. This meeting was held in Tehran. Pretty damn ironic, huh?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Volume! Volume! Volume! (BCOS on bad behavior)-tehran_conference_1943.jpg  


  19. #19
    Almost Human
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,145
    "The city's Open Space Board of Trustees is expected to take up issues such as the green tag program for off-leash dog access sometime early next year. But the board's discussion recently extended to include the possibility of increased fines for illegal parking at trailheads, or impounding mountain bikes for illegal riding. "

    One has to wonder why off leash dogs and "illegal" hiking on social trails are considered "passive" recreation?

    Also, under what authority can a park ranger impound someones bike?

    Boulder Co Open Space Tax Code (1 of 6 such taxes)
    Resolution 99-111
    WHEREAS, there is a critical need for the preservation of open space lands in Boulder County,preserved open space being a fundamental shared value of the citizens of Boulder County, which open space lands can be used for purposes including but not limited to buffers to preserve community identity, natural areas, wildlife habitat and wetlands, allow continuation of existing visual corridors and offer passive recreational use through the development of a County-wide trail system, and therefore there is a critical need for County-wide sales and use taxes to finance the acquisition, limited development of said lands;

    Notice the use of the word preservation vs conservation, and insertion of the word passive when referring to recreation. Those 2 things make all the difference in the world when talking about what is and is not acceptable on BCOS property.

    Also, notice is says county-wide trail system. It does not say a county-wide, hiker-only trail system.

  20. #20
    !Vamos, flaco!
    Reputation: Pabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,358
    Quote Originally Posted by schnauzers View Post
    Oh, the irony.

    Yesterday, in 1943. This meeting was held in Tehran. Pretty damn ironic, huh?
    This thread is just like FDR ... lame.
    "Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: hungryhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by schnauzers View Post
    It's an InTeRWeBz forum. Do you really take anything seriously?
    curious: Do you have any lessons learned from being stalked on the internet? (sorry to derail the thread)
    Last edited by hungryhead; 11-29-2011 at 09:15 AM.

  22. #22
    Now with 20% more fat!!
    Reputation: JSD303's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,026
    You see, when you are schnauzers, you can call people Hitler on the InterWebz and it's all in good fun - you can't take what people say on the intertubes seriously. But if someone says your full name on the Internet, then you need to arm yourself and prepare for the coming invasion of your home and violation of your family. It's simple...

    That councilwoman that schnauzers called out on the Internet was just spotted buying firearms to protect her family from "some guy on the internet who mentioned her BY NAME and compared her to Hitler." See how this works?

    Why is this so hard for you people to understand?!? lol

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,160
    be careful, he's friends with chickens**t.

  24. #24
    Ka-coo-ka-cha!
    Reputation: snigs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    503
    "City open space rangers, through a joint operating agreement with Boulder County, have jurisdiction to issue tickets for illegal parking on county property. But Joe Reale, Boulder's ranger supervisor, said the city simply doesn't have the resources to conduct enforcement on every trail in the 48,000-acre open space system. "

    Have they considered another parking lot, I mean there's only 48000 acres to work with...
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live. ~Mark Twain, "Taming the Bicycle"


    www.yeticycles.com

  25. #25
    Ride Everything
    Reputation: GRAVELBIKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,403
    GRAVELBIKE.COM - ride everything

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-24-2012, 04:41 PM
  2. Which is higher volume: AVA or new RP2 (high volume canister)?
    By kapusta in forum Shocks and Suspension
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-31-2011, 03:56 PM
  3. Reducing Volume of High Volume Sleeve on a Float R
    By brettf in forum Shocks and Suspension
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-27-2009, 10:00 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-25-2009, 03:50 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-26-2004, 02:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •