Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Volume! Volume! Volume! (BCOS on bad behavior)

7K views 96 replies 37 participants last post by  UncleTrail 
#1 ·
#22 ·
You see, when you are schnauzers, you can call people Hitler on the InterWebz and it's all in good fun - you can't take what people say on the intertubes seriously. But if someone says your full name on the Internet, then you need to arm yourself and prepare for the coming invasion of your home and violation of your family. It's simple...

That councilwoman that schnauzers called out on the Internet was just spotted buying firearms to protect her family from "some guy on the internet who mentioned her BY NAME and compared her to Hitler." See how this works?

Why is this so hard for you people to understand?!? lol

#27 ·
You see, when you are schnauzers, you can call people Hitler on the InterWebz and it's all in good fun - you can't take what people say on the intertubes seriously. But if someone says your full name on the Internet, then you need to arm yourself and prepare for the coming invasion of your home and violation of your family. It's simple...

That councilwoman that schnauzers called out on the Internet was just spotted buying firearms to protect her family from "some guy on the internet who mentioned her BY NAME and compared her to Hitler." See how this works?

Why is this so hard for you people to understand?!? lol
Point taken.

#3 ·
"Councilwoman Lisa Morzel has proposed the possibility of a wider tag system, potentially for bikes or even hikers."

Anyone want to bet on hikers ever requiring tags? Total posturing of the council to say "bikers and hikers" and really just be targeting bikers.

#19 ·
"The city's Open Space Board of Trustees is expected to take up issues such as the green tag program for off-leash dog access sometime early next year. But the board's discussion recently extended to include the possibility of increased fines for illegal parking at trailheads, or impounding mountain bikes for illegal riding. "

One has to wonder why off leash dogs and "illegal" hiking on social trails are considered "passive" recreation?

Also, under what authority can a park ranger impound someones bike? :confused:

Boulder Co Open Space Tax Code (1 of 6 such taxes)
Resolution 99-111
WHEREAS, there is a critical need for the preservation of open space lands in Boulder County, preserved open space being a fundamental shared value of the citizens of Boulder County, which open space lands can be used for purposes including but not limited to buffers to preserve community identity, natural areas, wildlife habitat and wetlands, allow continuation of existing visual corridors and offer passive recreational use through the development of a County-wide trail system, and therefore there is a critical need for County-wide sales and use taxes to finance the acquisition, limited development of said lands;

Notice the use of the word preservation vs conservation, and insertion of the word passive when referring to recreation. Those 2 things make all the difference in the world when talking about what is and is not acceptable on BCOS property.

Also, notice is says county-wide trail system. It does not say a county-wide, hiker-only trail system.

#24 ·
"City open space rangers, through a joint operating agreement with Boulder County, have jurisdiction to issue tickets for illegal parking on county property. But Joe Reale, Boulder's ranger supervisor, said the city simply doesn't have the resources to conduct enforcement on every trail in the 48,000-acre open space system. "

Have they considered another parking lot, I mean there's only 48000 acres to work with...:rolleyes:

#30 ·
Boulder has some wicked good PR...

Growing up in Arkansas and the southeast, (Fl to NC), we were always led to believe that Boulder CO was nirvana for all things related to outdoors, the perfect destination for anyone the rode a bike, hiked a trail or paddled a river, this was a place that we captured our imagination and shaped our dreams.

It has the reputation of being the perfect location, close enough to Denver Metro for those of us who have to work, and near enough to all the features that the Rockies have to offer. When I moved her 10 years ago, Boulder was my first choice for an address, and then I found the cost of housing to be a bit prohibitive and looked elsewhere.

In my ten years here, I have compiled quite the list of reasons to be grateful that I don't live in Boulder or Boulder County, these issues and proposals are simply the latest additions.
Granted JeffCO is not perfect, and we have our own set of challenges, but in my book, they pale in comparison to what I see happening over the line.

#31 ·
Growing up in Arkansas and the southeast, (Fl to NC), we were always led to believe that Boulder CO was nirvana for all things related to outdoors, the perfect destination for anyone the rode a bike, hiked a trail or paddled a river, this was a place that we captured our imagination and shaped our dreams.

It has the reputation of being the perfect location, close enough to Denver Metro for those of us who have to work, and near enough to all the features that the Rockies have to offer. When I moved her 10 years ago, Boulder was my first choice for an address, and then I found the cost of housing to be a bit prohibitive and looked elsewhere.

In my ten years here, I have compiled quite the list of reasons to be grateful that I don't live in Boulder or Boulder County, these issues and proposals are simply the latest additions.
Granted JeffCO is not perfect, and we have our own set of challenges, but in my book, they pale in comparison to what I see happening over the line.
We are confusing county and city open spaces (I am guilty of this as well). If you compare Denver Mountain Parks and their mostly discriminatory view of MTB (past more-so than present) and Boulder OSMP, they are not much different. County to county open space, are pretty close as well, though I would tip it a little more to BC in terms of MTB cooperation.

#75 ·
Agreed, the image is in need of Huck'n Kitty, the cougar, and a MTB'er packing a pistol to defend against said cougar. Come to think of it, somebody needs to be asking about tire choice too. What's the best 29'er rear tire for Front Range trails recently saturated with pepper spray?

#84 ·
The KarateChicken(void) guy? He was funnier than you.
I keep hoping that one of these days I'm gonna be on a ride and a six foot tall guy in a chicken suit will come rolling the other way. I'll give the "wud up" nod and he'll cluck out "LULZ!" and just keep riding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.