Stand back

Vista G3 Results?

Let's hear it - post race details here!
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

e-misanthrope
    You missed a great time - the entire weekend was a blast. Saturday's DH was run on DH #1, Super D was run on DH #3 - and Sunday's DH was run on #2.

I had a little difficulty on my first run and went OTB right below the double(ish) log drop on #1, I think I hung up on a rock at the bottom or something, though I'm still not sure. The Super D went better - I raced the "Jedi" class, which meant that Super D was more of a time trial format, with riders starting at 1 minute intervals (amateur classes were mass start) - the course was sweet, with turn after turn after turn, not much climbing, and some medium speed stuff - did I mention the turns?

Today's DH was a blast as well. I'm being paged for dinner and I'm starving, anyhow - here are the results - individual event results can be found by visiting the DH forum on racemsc.com

http://www.usacycling.org/results/in...rmit=2007-2159
    Don't waive your rights with your flags.

Stand back
    Thanks! And good job rep'n the old men.
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Quote Originally Posted by lagarto grande
    You missed a great time - the entire weekend was a blast. Saturday's DH was run on DH #1, Super D was run on DH #3 - and Sunday's DH was run on #2.

I had a little difficulty on my first run and went OTB right below the double(ish) log drop on #1, I think I hung up on a rock at the bottom or something, though I'm still not sure. The Super D went better - I raced the "Jedi" class, which meant that Super D was more of a time trial format, with riders starting at 1 minute intervals (amateur classes were mass start) - the course was sweet, with turn after turn after turn, not much climbing, and some medium speed stuff - did I mention the turns?

Today's DH was a blast as well. I'm being paged for dinner and I'm starving, anyhow - here are the results - individual event results can be found by visiting the DH forum on racemsc.com

http://www.usacycling.org/results/in...rmit=2007-2159
    Look at you being all coy and shite, posting a link to the results, and then BAM!!!, there you are near the top of the page. Congrats on the results!
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

e-misanthrope
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    Look at you being all coy and shite, posting a link to the results, and then BAM!!!, there you are near the top of the page. Congrats on the results!
    You know what they say - "If it wasn't for false modesty..."

Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser
    Thanks! And good job rep'n the old men.
    Thanks Jerry

The trails up there are SO much fun - Szymon and I actually did several more runs while we were waiting for the fast guys (Kovarick was among them) to finish up. I'm usually too lazy to even consider getting back on the bike after my race run, but the trails there are incredible, there's nothing like hitting a jump at "ludicrous speed" and knowing that you're not going to die, never mind the turns - flat, off camber, bermed, tight, long... the rock gardens and everything else that makes the place so cool. Sol Vista is a great example of how all DH trails should be built - IMO.

I got to meet Flowtron, who podiumed in Semi, while we were waiting for our checks - it's always cool meeting fellow forum dwellers.

I can't wait for the AF G3

formerly shabadu
    Nov 2006
    Yep, amazing weekend of racing. The 3 race format is crazy, its unbelievable how close things can get after 3 races. I suprised myself in the super d and managed to gain a few vaulable seconds that kept me on the podium even with a crappy 3rd race run that involved some tree contact and a dead stop about 5 seconds off the start and a cassette which decided to loosen up and give me no pedalling love for the bottom of the course.
    Good to meet the giant lizard, see ya in Keystone and AF if not sooner somewhere on the trails.
    Sick trails, free food, free Spike (which may have had a part in my Super D) and Monster, good vibes, awesome timing, swentz's potato cannon, some cool lightning, free Dales and chikn n beer...pretty much sums it up.
    Oh yah, giant checks rule, my wife was very proud. I may take it to the bank for shits and giggles.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    You know what they say - "If it wasn't for false modesty..."
    There'd be no modesty at all?

Thanks Jerry
    Jerry? I thought "dbabuser" was Ryan? I can't keep any of these folks straight.
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

e-misanthrope
    There'd be no modesty at all?
    You got it.

Jerry? I thought "dbabuser" was Ryan? I can't keep any of these folks straight.
    Ryan Knipe - not "Ka-Nipe" - the K is silent, SilentK

Jerry is a user of dbab.

Awesomist™
    Jerry is a user of dbab.

And here all this time I thought he was an ABUSER of plain old db.

WTF is dbab?

[SIZE="1"]In other random news... my staples come out on Wednesday and I am gonna try and scab together an old DH9 and hopefully get some mellow lift-served days in before they close up for the season. I'll start making calls if I can get it together.[/SIZE]
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

e-misanthrope
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker
    And here all this time I thought he was an ABUSER of plain old db.

WTF is dbab?
    I don't know, but it sounds bad for you.

Slap that beast together Evan, let's ride.

mtbr member
    This weekend was a blast. The format was awesome and perfectly executed. I managed to keep my position Sun also with a bad run (came off pedals on top rock drop into left turn). Three races sure even everything out.

Anybody who did't go up really missed out on some good racing, people, food, beer, and most of all fun.

I will definately be at AF G3, but gotta conquer the Key first
    SingletrackMind