mtbr member

Visitor April 10th...where to go?

So my sister who runs marathon's and rides xc back in Columbus Ohio is flying out to come ride for the weekend during the second week of April. She gets in around 11 am, figured we'd hit up a plains trail( green mtn., south table, or the prarie lands trail near boulder) as a warmup. Drink a brew or two that night, then head somewhere fun the following day. I know it's hard to predict the weather 2 weeks out but I was wondering if anyone could reccomend a moderate trail that will more than likely be dry, offer up some good views, but doesn't bust our lungs? She's not a very aggressive rider and is use to rolling terrain that's not very technical. The first trail that came to mind was LOTB but judging by some of the posts, it's still snowed in. I've seen some awesome pictures from up in the Longmont-Ft. Collins area of a trail that's fairly rolling through the foothills, the one that was in a forest fire. Sorry, I'm new to the area as of a year ago so I don't know of too many trails. Just curious if anyone could reccomend something that has the moderate climb like LOTB, that isn't that technical like that trail, but that is dry enough to ride in a couple of weeks and offers that "in the mtn's feel"? I'd hate to take her to green mtn only, although a great training spot, a wasted trip for her to fly out here to ride that only. If anyone has any good pictures of the trail you'd reccomend, I'd love to forward this post onto her so she can get stoked!

Also, is there anywhere in town to rent her a 4-5 inch trail bike?

Thanks, she's very excited to get out of dreary grey Ohio for a few days, I pray to God that the Sun is blazzin' down on us for the weekend.

slow
    The trail with the fire is Ginny in Bobcat Ridge SW of Ft Collins. Shiver has some good photos and info here:
    http://www.subliminalshiver.com/Subl...r/Welcome.html

skillz to pay billz
    heil ranch, devils backbone maybe

mtbr member
    try 3 Sisters in Evergreen. Its not super technical, is pretty fast and smooth and has some great views if you go to the top of the sisters. unfortunately, its not really all that long.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Skiing...

contains quinine
    I'm a big fan of taking visitors to Casa Bonita. Most famous Mexican restaurant in town.
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Debaser
    I'm a big fan of taking visitors to Casa Bonita. Most famous inedible rat caca restaurant in town.
    Fixed!

friend of Apex
    Quote Originally Posted by sooner518
    try 3 Sisters in Evergreen. Its not super technical, is pretty fast and smooth and has some great views if you go to the top of the sisters. unfortunately, its not really all that long.
    Not sure that one is ready. (SNOW)
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

davvag
    Apr 2007
    you might think about pueblo usually always dry and a mix of everything she might want

mtbr member
    Thanks all, any pictures?

..ouch
    Another vote for Heil Ranch (it's dry already). Bobcat is great but might be more technical than you wanted. Mt Falcon would be another one with a decent climb but easy technical terrain.

Mojo Wheels has some decent FS rentals.