mtbr member
    Mar 2004

visiting Winter Park next week

My wife and I are arriving on the 6th and staying in Winter park. Is the riding season over yet, are we going to be able to ride. I don't know whether to pack my xc ski stuff or my bike gear. If we can ride any suggestions to which trials and where we can rent bikes. We can't bring our own this trip. thanks
    Last edited by jason74; 10-29-2004 at 08:47 PM. Reason: spelling, grammar mistakes

how heavy are you ??

hey

the biking season is over for the high country ....but lots to be had at lower elevation...like about 7500 ft or less ...am i correct you all??

Stand back

I hear snow has arrived in Grand Valley

Quote Originally Posted by jason74
    My wife and I are arriving on the 6th and staying in Winter park. Is the riding season over yet, are we going to be able to ride. I don't know whether to pack my xc ski stuff or my bike gear. If we can ride any suggestions to which trials and where we can rent bikes. We can't bring our own this trip. thanks
    I have friends who live up there, they mentioned it was snowing last week. Not sure how much they've gotten - typically it doesn't stick this early in the season at the lower elevations. There is good riding in Frasier and around Granby Mtn (if that's what they're calling it now, used to be Sol Vista, before that it was Silvercreek) if it's not too snowy. OTOH, I doubt there are any xc ski trails open quite yet. You probably have a better shot if you bring your bike gear. There are places that rent in Winterpark and Frasier, but not sure what they have this late in the season. Best bet is to call. I think the shop in Frasier is Black Dog Ski/ Cycle.
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

contains quinine

Tough to say...

But I'd bet the riding season is over or will be as of Sunday. Check out skiwinterpark.com or ridewinterpark.com.

Good luck. Depending on what this storm brings All Hallows Eve, riding could be quite a bit different in 48 hours here in the metro area.
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.