www.newenglandmtb.com
    Apr 2008

Visiting Boulder from Australia

Hi folks, my wife and i are visiting Boulder for a few days this coming weekend. Intending to hire bikes and go for a trundle.

What trails should i put on my to do list while im here? (i don't have a car, so they have to be within riding distance), we race XC/enduro in Australia and am hoping to see some fast and scenic single track.

Also where's the best coffee in town?

Regards

Mark Trotter

skillz to pay billz
    walker ranch
    west magnolia/dots
    sourdough/S. St Vrain
    these are all above 7000' in elevation. Take the bus to Nederland and you hit all of these

Coffee and scones: spruce confections

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Your best bet is to take the Ned bus up, as pointed out. Pick up a Boulder County map by Latitude 40 (found in pretty much any bike shop) and connect some trails.

_MK

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Take the bus from Boulder to Nederland, get your coffee at the train cars in Ned, pick up local trail map from them, start your ride from there.

lucky enough

don't forget Betasso

If you just have an hour or two on any particular day, you can access Betasso by going up the Boulder Creek path, then riding on the road for a bit and climbing the connector trail just before the tunnel in the canyon. This will climb up to a paved road that you cross to connect with more single track. Betasso is nice "flowy" singletrack and you can do a couple of loops on that.
    The best coffee I've had in Boulder is at the Trident on Pearl.
    "Don't take life so serious, son . . . it ain't no how permanent." - Porky Pine

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cocavaak
    If you just have an hour or two on any particular day, you can access Betasso
    ...except Wednesday or Saturday, when Betasso is closed to bikes.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    If you are going to ride in the Nederland area, check out the link below for some trail maps. The Boy Scout/Dots and West Magnolia area are the maps you will want to print.

http://www.bma-mtb.org/resources/maps.php

Another option is to ride a short distance north of Boulder and do Heil Ranch Open Space. It does not have a lot of smooth singletrack, but it is a fun ride.

Finally, the BEST coffee is in North Boulder at Amante!