Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Visiting Avon/Beaver Creek area

765 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Half Wheeler 
#1 ·
hi all,

gonna be visiting from california and was wondering what kind of trails are in the area. i only want to take 1 bike but i was curious if i should be riding more xc oriented, all mountain, freeride/dh, or is it a good mix.

any info would be appreciated.

#4 ·
Either an xc or all mountain bike would suffice. Lots of fireroad climbing with some really fun singletrack. Vail does have some DH which is only 10 minutes away. If you really want to DH, Keystone is not too far away at all. Depends on how long you are here, how far you are willing to drive and mostly what type of terrain you are looking for. I ride a 6" trailbike for all of the pedaling there and a 7"/6" bike for DH in Colorado.

#5 ·
thanks for the replies.

i'm on a family vacation so i don't have the room to take multiple bikes. although i enjoy the dh runs, i would like to ride a mix. unless the terrain is really rocky, i'd prefer to ride my banshee scirocco hardtail.

gonna be in the area from wednesday to sunday. any suggestions on where to ride? i am an intermediate all mountain rider.

#9 ·
Check out vailvelo.com I don't know how often they update the website but there is a decent list of trails/descriptions on the site. I 2nd Mtn Pedaler in both locations they are great owners.

If you're around on Friday afternoon/evening, I might be riding meadow mtn. It's about an hr up a fire road and 1/2 hr down single track.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.