mtbr member

Velo Swap finds? Post them up!

Let's see everyone's score's from the big swap! I didn't see too much in the way of "gold mine" type bikes or parts, but scored a few cool things.

Velo Swap finds? Post them up!-img_0739_1200x800.jpgVelo Swap finds? Post them up!-img_0761_1200x800.jpgVelo Swap finds? Post them up!-img_0779_1200x800.jpgVelo Swap finds? Post them up!-img_0806_1200x800.jpgVelo Swap finds? Post them up!-img_0817_1200x800.jpgVelo Swap finds? Post them up!-img_0826_1200x800.jpgVelo Swap finds? Post them up!-img_0846_1200x800.jpg

Trips for Kids Denver
    Huh, never seen that type of road brake shifter combo before. I have some Hyperlite bars to go with that stem!
    " I'm not inclined to resign to maturity "

mtbr member
    I've never used them, but they're supposed to work on most systems: campy 8/9sp, Shimano 7/8/9sp, etc. Sure are cool in theory!

mtbr member
    I would post a pic of the huge wad of cash I walked out of VeloSwap with, but the wife took it for safekeeping. Thanks to all who bought my old worn out stuff. All I left with was a t-shirt for her.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    VeloSwap gets more depressing every time I go. Lots of crap, and few jewels. Fewer tables overall every year, and more tables with events/services/art/etc. If you wanted a really high end road bike, there were some good deals, but other than that I saw very little that was truly decent. What amazes me is how people will sell, and people will apparently buy, used bike shorts. I mean, seriously? Yuck.

I actually saw that Julie Furtado saddle. Pretty funny. Speaking of saddles, some of the prices I saw for old leather saddles were just stupid. I saw an old Ideale saddle just like the one that came on my first good bike. The saddle was $125. THE BIKE was $125 new when I bought it! Granted that was many years ago, but I thought that kind of summed up some of what I saw. If it would look good on a hipster ride, it had a huge price tag.

I think I'll get a table next year, since I have enough stuff to get rid of, and the best deals are on Friday night anyway. Based on what I saw, I should get good money for my old bikes, as long as I turn them into a single speeds, take off the brakes, and put some ironic stickers on them first.

The 5th knuckle

Its a start

Quote Originally Posted by Hernando Gutierrez
    The only thing you have to figure out is don't fall down. To keep riding the bike.

mtbr member
    You're kind of right There were very few jewels there. LOTS of junk, lots of mediocre stuff. But, still a fun thing! There are lots of people buying this mediocre stuff luckily. The Seattle swap is still the only thing that even compares to it.

I'd have to disagree on the leather saddles. Those things command the high prices they do because they're just that good! And the older ones are hard to find in good shape.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    All of the good deals I snagged were in the first hour. After that it was just perusing, chuckling at some of the items, and talking bikes with friends.

That being said, I did snag a new set of MT8 brakes w/ rotors and service kit, a new 150mm SA 29er Pike (46mm offset), new truvativ noir t40 720mm handlebar, and 60mm RF atlas stem for less than a G combined so I was happy. Didn't see much for frames though.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by honkinunit View Post
    VeloSwap gets more depressing every time I go. Lots of crap, and few jewels. Fewer tables overall every year, and more tables with events/services/art/etc. If you wanted a really high end road bike, there were some good deals, but other than that I saw very little that was truly decent. What amazes me is how people will sell, and people will apparently buy, used bike shorts. I mean, seriously? Yuck.

I actually saw that Julie Furtado saddle. Pretty funny. Speaking of saddles, some of the prices I saw for old leather saddles were just stupid. I saw an old Ideale saddle just like the one that came on my first good bike. The saddle was $125. THE BIKE was $125 new when I bought it! Granted that was many years ago, but I thought that kind of summed up some of what I saw. If it would look good on a hipster ride, it had a huge price tag.

I think I'll get a table next year, since I have enough stuff to get rid of, and the best deals are on Friday night anyway. Based on what I saw, I should get good money for my old bikes, as long as I turn them into a single speeds, take off the brakes, and put some ironic stickers on them first.
    Yep, but I went for an hour anyway, I don't know why. Tribe thing I guess, but I'm old. Junk I can go in my garage after 30 years of cycling and....

Oh yea, forgot got a nice set of rotors 5 bucks each and some neoprene gloves that well okay I paid too much. 20 bucks. Oh well.
    Still fun to watch the people with foolish but focused yard sale mania type enthusiasm for the ....stuff.

HAHA PWN
    I saw that Pike too, but I had my wife with me....That's pretty sweet deal you got.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Sweet deals on socks, brah!
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...