Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Valmont - Parks and Rec isn't your mother!

I've been riding old guy hours at Valmont (6:00 - 7:45 AM) and each time I roll up to the start of the DJs there is a pile of trash on the start mount. Water bottles, baggies of chips, and an alarming amount of Dr. Pepper cans. The trash cans are no more than 10' away. Because I care, I pick it up but 1. I would rather be riding and 2. The parks staff has enough on their plates to have to go around a pick up your garbage (you know who you are).

I'm watching out for you excessive Dr. Pepper drinking person...

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post

Check at 10 am, 2 pm or 4 pm to catch the guilty party.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman View Post
    check at 10 am, 2 pm or 4 pm to catch the guilty party.

Digital Toast
    I stick to a strict diet of Diet Pepsi. I think that can eliminate me.

mtbr member
    ...It's probably Circus Bears.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    I've been riding old guy hours at Valmont (6:00 - 7:45 AM) and each time I roll up to the start of the DJs there is a pile of trash on the start mount. Water bottles, baggies of chips, and an alarming amount of Dr. Pepper cans. The trash cans are no more than 10' away. Because I care, I pick it up but 1. I would rather be riding and 2. The parks staff has enough on their plates to have to go around a pick up your garbage (you know who you are).

wow, not mountain dew?

i did an adopt-a-highway cleanup a couple of weeks ago with some coworkers and the most prevalent item other than cigarette butts happened to be various types mountain dew flotsam

no big surprise there

if i see some doofus drop garbage at valmont (or on any trail), they will get put on immediate blast

no blast for the guy i helped off the trail last week, even though i helped police up what was left of his sunglasses that cut his face up when he landed on them

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by KarateChicken View Post
    wow, not mountain dew?
    Dude, it's 2011, Dew is way-long gone-out dewd!

So is Sprite!

So is redbull..

DP is the new dew....for the kewl.

(he!!, I'm shocked in Boulder, it's not Izzie.)

banned
    tell that to the goons throwing garbage out of their vehicles on 95th

then again, 95th isn't hip enuff to drive on for the tragically hip

woodcut #5 is my new dew, leastways in the fridge

i like reverse staircase posts, for the win

mtbr member
    May 2010
    That sucks that people are leaving trash there. It also sucks that when I did a road ride from Buff Creek down to Deckers along the rivers and then up 126 back to BC I found trash from the Bailey Hundo in the ditch. It was along the paved road section leaving Deckers, a couple cliff shot wrappers and a hammer h2o bottle. Why do pros think it is cool to throw their crap on the ground? This isn't the Tour.

mtbr member
    The trash can is obviously in the wrong spot. ;-P

Your bike is incorrigible
    Set it up like a carnival with concession stands and you get carnival style trash.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyechka View Post
    Set it up like a carnival with concession stands and you get carnival style trash.
    Went to a carnival in Mexico a few years ago. There was a french fry stand. Instead of giving the customer a cardboard container, the vendor would place a small napkin on the customers open palms and dish out the fries. Drinks were somehow contained in ziplock bags. That would cut down on the trash volume. Alternatively, make the kids pay a $.05 returnable deposit on drinks and candy containers.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by nitecrwlr View Post
    Went to a carnival in Mexico a few years ago. There was a french fry stand. Instead of giving the customer a cardboard container, the vendor would place a small napkin on the customers open palms and dish out the fries. Drinks were somehow contained in ziplock bags. That would cut down on the trash volume. Alternatively, make the kids pay a $.05 returnable deposit on drinks and candy containers.
    I also went to a carnival in a small town in Mexico. There was a shooting gallery where the customers shot bb guns at targets. The bbs would ricochet back at the shooters. Several bounced painfully off my forehead, missing my eyes by inches, before me and my buddies got the heck out of there. OSHA, what OSHA?

And speaking of trash in Mexico (maybe it's better or worse now) but it seemed that the more somebody liked some scenic spot, the more trash they threw on the ground. Everyone loves the spot? Trash hip deep all around.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

Thread Terrorist
    gihad!
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

mtbr member

a good observation:

Quote Originally Posted by nitecrwlr View Post
    The trash can is obviously in the wrong spot. ;-P

Captains Log
    It would be both hilarious and effective for an undercover bicycle cop to cruise around Valmont bike park and hand out littering tickets. I would love to see a video of the expressions on peoples faces when they get busted and handed a ticket.
    what do you find in a star trek bathroom?

Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by brassmonkey View Post
    It would be both hilarious and effective for an undercover bicycle cop to cruise around Valmont bike park and hand out littering tickets. I would love to see a video of the expressions on peoples faces when they get busted and handed a ticket.
    It would have to be deep cover - appropriate 4X/DJ ride, flat brim, sagging, IPod, black t-shirt w/ antisocial statement or association - that would be perfect.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by slope folk View Post
    It would have to be deep cover - appropriate 4X/DJ ride, flat brim, sagging, IPod, black t-shirt w/ antisocial statement or association - that would be perfect.
    This 35 year old recovering roadie who is getting into dirt jumping and goes over to Valmont at least 3x per week at lunch finds this quite amusing. At least the Br0tatoes there like my bike (and I'm slowly improving)!

Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Crit Rat View Post
    This 35 year old recovering roadie who is getting into dirt jumping and goes over to Valmont at least 3x per week at lunch finds this quite amusing. At least the Br0tatoes there like my bike (and I'm slowly improving)!
    I've got you by a few years, but the brochachos at my local park think my bike is lame!

banned
    flatbiller would have been a sufficient description

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Give these guys a break, it's tough to pack out trash when you are wearing skinny jeans.

mtbr member
    I will say that everyone I've talked to at all of the bike parks, whatever they looked like, from flatbiller to scared witless fathers to psyched kids have all been really cool. In fact it's been one of the more surprising things for me in my new DJ'ing endeavor.

If you want to talk about flatbiller brotards, well you should have attended the Motocross National at Thunder Valley last Saturday. That was the flatbiller br0 crew in full representation.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by slimat99 View Post
    Give these guys a break, it's tough to pack out trash when you are wearing skinny jeans.
    you're confused, hipsters wear skinny jeans and ride fixed gear skinny tire bikes (usuallly one mile at a time)

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Hey, I resemble that remark! except for the antisocial t-shirt and sagging, never understood how you can do anything with pants around your ankles I would be happy to hand out tickets to kids littering next time I am out there.
    Transition, Shimano, DT Swiss, deity, Maxxis, Dakine, Demon Dirt, MRP, Oakley, VP, Honey Stinger, Grassroots Cycles

Slopestyle Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by KarateChicken View Post
    you're confused, hipsters wear skinny jeans and ride fixed gear skinny tire bikes (usuallly one mile at a time)
    I think you're confused as well... go to crankworx colorado or any dj jam and be prepared for girl pant madness.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast