Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    eci
    Reputation: snowskilz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,637

    V-Brakes anyone???

    Anyone have a v brake laying around they'd want to part with??? i need one for my new ride on the rear

  2. #2
    locked - time out
    Reputation: s1ngletrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,728
    Quote Originally Posted by snowskilz
    Anyone have a v brake laying around they'd want to part with??? i need one for my new ride on the rear
    I've got one for you. I'll bring it tonight.

  3. #3
    eci
    Reputation: snowskilz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,637
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack
    I've got one for you. I'll bring it tonight.
    sweet thanks!!! frame ships tomorrow. i cant wait

  4. #4
    Cynical Bystander
    Reputation: COmtbiker12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,775
    Quote Originally Posted by snowskilz
    sweet thanks!!! frame ships tomorrow. i cant wait
    What ride is it Todd/
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

    Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

  5. #5
    eci
    Reputation: snowskilz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,637
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    What ride is it Todd/
    It's an uber secret project i am working on, so secret im not even sure of the outcome.

  6. #6
    Cynical Bystander
    Reputation: COmtbiker12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,775
    Quote Originally Posted by snowskilz
    It's an uber secret project i am working on, so secret im not even sure of the outcome.
    Ah.....I see.

    I too am anticipating some things. In less than 24 hours I'll be frantically getting projects pieced together and it will all be done. The results of tomorrow will be as follows:
    Ma V10, same as before except:
    X.9 der/shift
    2004 Slider+
    Thompson stem

    The AC will be done as follows:
    03 PsyloXC Tullio
    F219 wheelset (maybe atomlab front)
    Hayes HFX9s
    Hussefelt cranks
    RF bb
    MRP World Cup
    e.13 38t ring
    Tank headset
    couch of a seat
    Azonic Shorty stem
    XTR der
    XT shift
    Only thing I dont know about is bars, and ODI clamps....


    And of course they'll all be sportin super cool new tires.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

    Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

  7. #7
    eci
    Reputation: snowskilz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,637
    I have a 05 rs pike sl
    Azonic pdw bars
    xt shifter
    lx 2piece cranks comin monday
    e13 bashring
    foes inner plate
    Maxxis high roller semi slick
    thomson seatpost
    wtb saddle
    D321 on hayes 20mm
    front
    xt cassette
    xt rear der
    oury grips
    Hayes mag front brake

    All i need now is to figure what frame/headset combo is getting all this fun stuff

  8. #8
    Cynical Bystander
    Reputation: COmtbiker12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,775
    Quote Originally Posted by snowskilz
    I have a 05 rs pike sl
    Azonic pdw bars
    xt shifter
    lx 2piece cranks comin monday
    e13 bashring
    foes inner plate
    Maxxis high roller semi slick
    thomson seatpost
    wtb saddle
    D321 on hayes 20mm
    front
    xt cassette
    xt rear der
    oury grips
    Hayes mag front brake

    All i need now is to figure what frame/headset combo is getting all this fun stuff
    You're gonna LOVE the semislick high roller. I have it front and back on my Titan and its amazing at street, park, bmx track stuff, even some xc stuff. Granted its a bit squirrely when youre going faster and what not, but its awesome.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

    Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

  9. #9
    locked - time out
    Reputation: s1ngletrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,728
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    You're gonna LOVE the semislick high roller. I have it front and back on my Titan and its amazing at street, park, bmx track stuff, even some xc stuff. Granted its a bit squirrely when youre going faster and what not, but its awesome.
    Mine feel really good in the park - much better traction than anything else I would consider trailworthy.

  10. #10
    Cynical Bystander
    Reputation: COmtbiker12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,775
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack
    Mine feel really good in the park - much better traction than anything else I would consider trailworthy.
    You guys gonna come down and ride here this weekend? If you do you should bring both bikes and we'll hitup some urban or park or something.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

    Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

  11. #11
    Stand back
    Reputation: dbabuser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,979

    really?

    Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack
    Mine feel really good in the park - much better traction than anything else I would consider trailworthy.
    I have a hard time believing it would work so well on steel or that extra slick concrete like dps. 'specially when it gets dusty... Guess I'll just watch you guys to see how often it looks like you're riding on ice.
    Golden Bike Park

    Golden Connector Trails need your support!

  12. #12
    locked - time out
    Reputation: s1ngletrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,728
    Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser
    Guess I'll just watch you guys to see how often it looks like you're riding on ice.
    C'mon now - the tires can't be held responsible for that.

Similar Threads

  1. What are the BEST brakes on EARTH?!
    By norwoosg in forum Brake Time
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 02-24-2005, 09:38 PM
  2. Disc...or V's...
    By BThor in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 01-20-2005, 03:47 PM
  3. Formula ORO brakes
    By Brakemeister in forum Brake Time
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-18-2005, 08:34 AM
  4. choosing disk brakes help?
    By psycho-squirrel in forum Brake Time
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-05-2004, 10:26 PM
  5. Ahoy! V-brake holdouts!
    By Padre in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-23-2004, 09:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •