Loser
    Mar 2008

Updates to Wildcat Mountain...

I decided to take a quick ride up to Wildcat Mountain yesterday and ran into a surprise. It appears that HRCA has installed "speed bumps" on some sections of the trail system. They are made of a different kind of dirt than the rest of the trail system, so they really stick out. Some of them are pretty nasty (you would probably go straight OTB if you hit them with any kind of speed), while others could be easily jumped over. Are they having issues with excessive speed on this trail system? I haven't heard anything about this; it's kind of weird though.

mtbr member
    Last fall the folks in Lakewood put in some pretty abrupt waterbars on Green Mountain that were quite risky if you didn't know they were there. Luckily they've been beaten down pretty well by now so they're not nearly as big a pain as they were.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Seems like that should be reported to a good lawyer for liability questions.
    IF they put such traps in place without signs to warn riders to be aware.
    I'd think their panties could be tied in knots right quick in court.

Anyone gets hurt on such a deal file charges and get that checked out.

GeorgeLD

Goat of Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeLD

GeorgeLD
    Really?! What about people being responsible for their own actions, understanding that mountain biking is inherently dangerous and understanding that they must keep themselves in control for what ever obstacle ie: human being, wildlife or otherwise that might be in the trail. If you can't realize that then keep your bike off the trail so others can enjoy what ever may be out there. Its that kind of reasoning that keeps most of our trails in this area super tame.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeLD

GeorgeLD
    Ugh... sounds like a good way for mountain bikers to lose access to trails, at least trails that aren't just bike paths.