mtbr member
    May 2012

update for palmer park riders

just got back and the storm had a allot bigger impact on the trails than i thought. allot of sand has been washed over the trails and allot of loose rocks on the trials. grand view is still in good shape and most of palmer point is in good shape but all in all still ride able just be ready for a little bit more technical rocky sections

mtbr member
    We got caught in the storm Wednesday at PP. It was crazy how fast it moved in, it was clear blue sky when we started. That hail hurt, tried to huury back to the truck but ended up taking shelter until it let up. This is a crappy picture from a wet cell phone but you can see how it was flooding.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails update for palmer park riders-pp-flood.jpg  

mtbr member
    Wowza!!

formerly shabadu
    Nov 2006
    Holeeeee Sh1t. Stuff like that builds character.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Trails are in great shape for tomorrows race!

I did it all for the kudo
    Quote Originally Posted by Sand Creek Sports View Post
    Trails are in great shape for tomorrows race!
    Lol, I was going to post up about how horrible the condition of some of the trails were. The OP is correct about the problems with the sand on some of the trails... It's almost not worth parking at the Paseo lot, yesterday I think I dismounted like 5 times on the way up due to all the washouts and sand.
    On a brighter note some of the trails were unaffected and there were some that seem more fun in an ungroomed techy kinda way with new exposed rock and rocks that were washed into the trails. So if your flying through your favorite spot be carefull because you might not know what is around the corner.

Also I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any work days scheduled out there to repair the damage that was done?

Living Large in Germany
    Sep 2008
    I can confirm Sand Creek course for Wednesday is all good--there was a section just South of the Council Bluffs road that was severely washed out but it looks like Nate (from the city) got in there and fixed all that section. It also looks like he's been out taking care of some other area's accessible by a front end loader as well.