mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Ummm beer---Vine Street Pub and Brewery

I've been to Mountain Sun and Southern Sun up in Boulder. Vine St is their current Denver location, at 17th and Vine.

It's all Mountain Sun brews there which is a very good thing. Their beers are rich and have depth and are full of flavor. Yes, I did taste some today. A Belgium Dark IPA and a Soured Dark IPA, at 8.5 and 9% respectively. Both had heads that didn't dissipate one millimeter as I was shooting them.

I got there just after opening and by the time I left it was packed with a lunch crowd. A very well lit (natural light) colorful place.

This place has the largest brewing capacity of the three pubs.

This stuff was amazing. Actually, I can't remember if this was the soured or not but both were something. Try it!

February is Stout month. The Mountain Sun brewers are staging a contest for homebrewers to come up with their best 8% and under Stouts. The winning brewer gets their brew to be on tap at all Mountain Sun brew pubs (and other swag).

Last edited by xcguy; 12-18-2012 at 04:04 PM.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

mtbr member
    Looks like a great place...I really like your reviews of these joints. Thanks.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    It's down the street from me... Love it

Awesomist™
    Holy cats! Did you know that one of the brewers from Mountain/Southern Sun is opening a new brewpub in Golden where the old Alpenglow used to be?

The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    Holy cats! Did you know that one of the brewers from Mountain/Southern Sun is opening a new brewpub in Golden where the old Alpenglow used to be?
    OMG.

No way.

Srsly??

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    I like that place - they have Titan IPA on draught.

friend of Apex
    ^^^GIANTkilla says there will be 4 new ones in Golden in 2013.
    Cannonball, Mtn Toad, CODA, Barrels and Bottles
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

not actually bad :)
    ^^^Don't know how well you know this GIANTkilla DB, but he is definitely NOT to be trusted - especially with important info like this.
    Old Codger

Awesomist™
    Hey xc_guy, sorry for cvnting up your thread. The two IPA variations look/sound delicious for sure. Too bad (for me) that Vine Street is so dang far from Golden or I'd go more often.

Keep up the strong work, man. I'm sure the scurvy-riddled unwashed masses will let you know when Cannonball Creek is open so you can come out to Golden and check it out.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    Hey xc_guy, sorry for cvnting up your thread. The two IPA variations look/sound delicious for sure. Too bad (for me) that Vine Street is so dang far from Golden or I'd go more often.

Keep up the strong work, man. I'm sure the scurvy-riddled unwashed masses will let you know when Cannonball Creek is open so you can come out to Golden and check it out.
    You should make a special trip down there just to try those two dark IPAs (call first to see if they still have them). I'm in the same/opposite boat as you: I just don't get down to Golden to go to GCB, it's closer for me to drive to Vine St than it is to drive to Boulder.

One of the brewery guys in the back (at Vine St) mentioned Cannonball Creek as well. It's still not clear if they're going to have a Mountain Sun lineup or all new stuff. It will be good either way.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    All new line-up.
    Spiral out, keep going...