Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Reputation: scrublover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,414

    Two rides. A few pics. AKA: I love my bike.

    The old standby of a solo Hall Ranch jaunt yesterday afternoon, followed up by White Ranch with mateomtb this morning.

    A good long climb up, followed by some great ups and downs at both places.

    The big bike at Hall is super fun, especially at 2PM, when the place is still fairly uncrowded by the afterwork crowd of riders. Makes for a much more enjoyable descent, when things are empty!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

  2. #2
    Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Reputation: scrublover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,414
    Mas. Today on the hardtail at White. Managed to nail a few sections that gave me trouble last weekend, and one spot where I pinch flatted last week too.

    Fairly empty there, too. Got to love riding on weekdays!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

  3. #3
    Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Reputation: scrublover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,414
    A few more. As usual, thanks for looking. Smacked my knee on my stem pretty good today, so tomorrow might just have to be mellow one. Bummer. The third out of eight days off, with a goal to ride every day. Sigh.


    To all you desk jockeys stuck in the cubes, this pasion post is for you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

  4. #4
    ride
    Reputation: ignazjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,826
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    A few more. As usual, thanks for looking.
    Thanks for putting them up. That picture of Hat Rock (1st one in this last sequence) is superb.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

  5. #5
    Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Reputation: scrublover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,414
    Quote Originally Posted by ignazjr
    Thanks for putting them up. That picture of Hat Rock (1st one in this last sequence) is superb.

    not as good as i'd hoped. came down that stretch, and the whole foreground was lit up super bright, while all the background stuff was cloud shaded. so of course, by the time i'd backed up the trail a bit for the pic, the could had moved on......

    any friendly mod want to move this over to Passion? it's where i meant to go with it, but somehow ended up posting it here. NTTAWWT.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

  6. #6
    Bad Case of the Mondays
    Reputation: Jdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,919
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    The old standby of a solo Hall Ranch
    Me too, just one day later...Thought about Hall yesterday, but got out late enough I didn't want to fight the crowd so I did a quick ride at Heil.


  7. #7
    Shread Ready
    Reputation: Thrasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,068
    Hey nice shots! Looks like fun.. I've been so bummed I can't ride yet.. I smashed my heel into pieces snowboarding back in January and had surgery in Feb.. I've been on crutches since then but will be starting PT in a few weeks and should be back on the MTB's soon enough!! Anyways, what camera you use for those shots because the color is really nice.

  8. #8
    Team Blindspot
    Reputation: S-Works's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasher
    Hey nice shots! Looks like fun.. I've been so bummed I can't ride yet.. I smashed my heel into pieces snowboarding back in January and had surgery in Feb.. I've been on crutches since then but will be starting PT in a few weeks and should be back on the MTB's soon enough!! Anyways, what camera you use for those shots because the color is really nice.
    He's either using a Polarizing filter, or enhancing it after the fact to get the sky that blue. Most likely the later.

    Jdub's camera looks shot.
    Astigmatic Visionary

  9. #9
    Perpetually single track
    Reputation: ibmkidIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,165
    Quote Originally Posted by S-Works
    He's either using a Polarizing filter, or enhancing it after the fact to get the sky that blue. Most likely the later.

    Jdub's camera looks shot.
    Could be wrong but I don't think scrubby modifies his pictures at all except maybe for size. He doesn't have any of the needed software nor the inclination. It is a relativly (sp) new camera for him.

    Juan de Fluco
    The more out of shape you are, the steeper the hill looks.

  10. #10
    Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Reputation: scrublover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,414
    Quote Originally Posted by ibmkidIII
    Could be wrong but I don't think scrubby modifies his pictures at all except maybe for size. He doesn't have any of the needed software nor the inclination. It is a relativly (sp) new camera for him.

    Juan de Fluco

    all of them slightly darkened, contrast slightly down, color saturation cranked up. that's about it. i just have the basic photo editing software the cam came with. not had the inclination to go get photoshop or anything yet.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

  11. #11
    contains quinine
    Reputation: Debaser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,590
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    all of them slightly darkened, contrast slightly down, color saturation cranked up. that's about it. i just have the basic photo editing software the cam came with. not had the inclination to go get photoshop or anything yet.

    Check out Picasa. Keeps your photos organized and has super simple and effective photo adjustments. And it's free. Did I mention it's free?
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FrontRanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,428
    Wait a tic. Did you get a new Maverick? Some of the shots have the Weyless in them as well. What gives?

  13. #13
    Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Reputation: scrublover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,414
    Quote Originally Posted by FrontRanger
    Wait a tic. Did you get a new Maverick? Some of the shots have the Weyless in them as well. What gives?

    green hardtail and weyless are mine, the maverick belongs to mateomtb. (he posts, but not super frequently)

    pics from two seperate days/rides.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

  14. #14
    Bad Case of the Mondays
    Reputation: Jdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Debaser
    Check out Picasa. Keeps your photos organized and has super simple and effective photo adjustments. And it's free. Did I mention it's free?
    I use Picasa some. Really nice photo organization/editing combination, especially for the price (I think is free right?).

    I use Photoshop but don't usually do much with my ride photos. The one above was washed out from the haze of the afternoon heat, so I tried to save it by making it b&w.

  15. #15
    contains quinine
    Reputation: Debaser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,590

    Hijack!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub
    I use Picasa some. Really nice photo organization/editing combination, especially for the price (I think is free right?).

    I use Photoshop but don't usually do much with my ride photos. The one above was washed out from the haze of the afternoon heat, so I tried to save it by making it b&w.
    Yeah, free. I'm an addict. I wish I had some before/after pics to post, so maybe this after will have to suffice. I can get more subtle results from Photoshop, but it's not worth the hassle most of the time. This picture was sorta dull. I think all I did with this pic was hit "I'm feeling lucky" and then bumped the saturation a wee bit.

    ** Took the monster pic down and added before/after.**
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Debaser; 04-14-2006 at 04:23 PM.
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    540

    cool photos scruby

    that was a nice little ride. Hope your knee isn't too sore. It sounded like a tree branch hitting a rock, except it was your knee hitting metal, ouch!! Have fun on your 8 day epic!

  17. #17
    Team Blindspot
    Reputation: S-Works's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,948

    I'm a film guy

    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    all of them slightly darkened, contrast slightly down, color saturation cranked up. that's about it. i just have the basic photo editing software the cam came with. not had the inclination to go get photoshop or anything yet.
    Had my own darkroom, developed my own stuff, color and BW. I got a digital camera about two years ago. I haven't even played with it enough to know that you could do that with the original picture taking. I had done a color adjusting to a pic from the bone a few weeks ago that looked very similar to the pic referenced above.
    Last edited by S-Works; 04-14-2006 at 06:44 PM.
    Astigmatic Visionary

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •