Te mortuo heres tibi sim?

Two rides. A few pics. AKA: I love my bike.

The old standby of a solo Hall Ranch jaunt yesterday afternoon, followed up by White Ranch with mateomtb this morning.

A good long climb up, followed by some great ups and downs at both places.

The big bike at Hall is super fun, especially at 2PM, when the place is still fairly uncrowded by the afterwork crowd of riders. Makes for a much more enjoyable descent, when things are empty!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Mas. Today on the hardtail at White. Managed to nail a few sections that gave me trouble last weekend, and one spot where I pinch flatted last week too.

Fairly empty there, too. Got to love riding on weekdays!

A few more. As usual, thanks for looking. Smacked my knee on my stem pretty good today, so tomorrow might just have to be mellow one. Bummer. The third out of eight days off, with a goal to ride every day. Sigh.

To all you desk jockeys stuck in the cubes, this pasion post is for you.

ride
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    A few more. As usual, thanks for looking.
    Thanks for putting them up. That picture of Hat Rock (1st one in this last sequence) is superb.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

Quote Originally Posted by ignazjr
    Thanks for putting them up. That picture of Hat Rock (1st one in this last sequence) is superb.

not as good as i'd hoped. came down that stretch, and the whole foreground was lit up super bright, while all the background stuff was cloud shaded. so of course, by the time i'd backed up the trail a bit for the pic, the could had moved on......

any friendly mod want to move this over to Passion? it's where i meant to go with it, but somehow ended up posting it here. NTTAWWT.

Bad Case of the Mondays
    The old standby of a solo Hall Ranch
    Me too, just one day later...Thought about Hall yesterday, but got out late enough I didn't want to fight the crowd so I did a quick ride at Heil.

Shread Ready
    Hey nice shots! Looks like fun.. I've been so bummed I can't ride yet.. I smashed my heel into pieces snowboarding back in January and had surgery in Feb.. I've been on crutches since then but will be starting PT in a few weeks and should be back on the MTB's soon enough!! Anyways, what camera you use for those shots because the color is really nice.

Team Blindspot
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasher
    Hey nice shots! Looks like fun.. I've been so bummed I can't ride yet.. I smashed my heel into pieces snowboarding back in January and had surgery in Feb.. I've been on crutches since then but will be starting PT in a few weeks and should be back on the MTB's soon enough!! Anyways, what camera you use for those shots because the color is really nice.
    He's either using a Polarizing filter, or enhancing it after the fact to get the sky that blue. Most likely the later.

Jdub's camera looks shot.
    Astigmatic Visionary

Perpetually single track
    Quote Originally Posted by S-Works
    He's either using a Polarizing filter, or enhancing it after the fact to get the sky that blue. Most likely the later.

Jdub's camera looks shot.
    Could be wrong but I don't think scrubby modifies his pictures at all except maybe for size. He doesn't have any of the needed software nor the inclination. It is a relativly (sp) new camera for him.

Juan de Fluco
    The more out of shape you are, the steeper the hill looks.

Quote Originally Posted by ibmkidIII
    Could be wrong but I don't think scrubby modifies his pictures at all except maybe for size. He doesn't have any of the needed software nor the inclination. It is a relativly (sp) new camera for him.

Juan de Fluco

all of them slightly darkened, contrast slightly down, color saturation cranked up. that's about it. i just have the basic photo editing software the cam came with. not had the inclination to go get photoshop or anything yet.

contains quinine
    all of them slightly darkened, contrast slightly down, color saturation cranked up. that's about it. i just have the basic photo editing software the cam came with. not had the inclination to go get photoshop or anything yet.

Check out Picasa. Keeps your photos organized and has super simple and effective photo adjustments. And it's free. Did I mention it's free?
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

mtbr member
    Wait a tic. Did you get a new Maverick? Some of the shots have the Weyless in them as well. What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by FrontRanger
    Wait a tic. Did you get a new Maverick? Some of the shots have the Weyless in them as well. What gives?

green hardtail and weyless are mine, the maverick belongs to mateomtb. (he posts, but not super frequently)

pics from two seperate days/rides.

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by Debaser
    Check out Picasa. Keeps your photos organized and has super simple and effective photo adjustments. And it's free. Did I mention it's free?
    I use Picasa some. Really nice photo organization/editing combination, especially for the price (I think is free right?).

I use Photoshop but don't usually do much with my ride photos. The one above was washed out from the haze of the afternoon heat, so I tried to save it by making it b&w.

contains quinine

Hijack!

Quote Originally Posted by Jdub
    I use Picasa some. Really nice photo organization/editing combination, especially for the price (I think is free right?).

I use Photoshop but don't usually do much with my ride photos. The one above was washed out from the haze of the afternoon heat, so I tried to save it by making it b&w.
    Yeah, free. I'm an addict. I wish I had some before/after pics to post, so maybe this after will have to suffice. I can get more subtle results from Photoshop, but it's not worth the hassle most of the time. This picture was sorta dull. I think all I did with this pic was hit "I'm feeling lucky" and then bumped the saturation a wee bit.

** Took the monster pic down and added before/after.**
    Last edited by Debaser; 04-14-2006 at 04:23 PM.
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

cool photos scruby

that was a nice little ride. Hope your knee isn't too sore. It sounded like a tree branch hitting a rock, except it was your knee hitting metal, ouch!! Have fun on your 8 day epic!

Team Blindspot

I'm a film guy

Had my own darkroom, developed my own stuff, color and BW. I got a digital camera about two years ago. I haven't even played with it enough to know that you could do that with the original picture taking. I had done a color adjusting to a pic from the bone a few weeks ago that looked very similar to the pic referenced above.
    Last edited by S-Works; 04-14-2006 at 06:44 PM.
    Astigmatic Visionary