mtbr member

Turner and Ibis Demos

Pedal Pushers will be hosting 2 FREE days of bike demos.

Turner: Sunday, May 8th at Buffalo Creek. 11am - 5pm Give us a call at the shop and we'll let you know where we're set up. We'll have 5.Spots, Flux's, Sultan's and a DHR

Ibis: Tuesday, May 10th at the shop. 11am - 6pm.
    Mojo's, HD's and Tranny's will be on tap. I think there will be a sighting of an SL-R too

Can't make the Turner demo because it's Mother's Day (sorry mom)? We've got the demo fleet for a whole week, starting today. Come on in and we'll set you up.

For all demos you will need to bring a credit card (which we will only charge if you decide not to come back because you love the bike ), helmet and pedals.
    pedal pushers cyclery : golden, co, twitter & facebook
    bikes by .: kona | transition | ibis | turner | moots | cove :.

simple
    I really want to ride a Tranny. ha!

All kidding aside, will there be a singlespeed version of the Tranny to demo?

mtbr member
    i think so, but it hasn't been confirmed. not sure why there wouldn't be though. who would want a Tranny with too many dangly bits

simple
    oooohhhh

nice. get her/him lubed up for me to ride on Tuesday.

mtbr member
    Slight update. Our Turner Demo will be out of the LaFarge parking lot near a trailhead we affectionately know as Apex. We will be there from 11 till 5 or 6. Bring your gear and a credit card.

mtbr member
    Update #2 Kona will be joining our mix of bikes on Tuesday. So 3 different brands to ride on 5/10 - Ibis, Turner & Kona.

Come get your ride on.

~~~~~~~
    I had a mojo. Then i rode a tranny. now my mojos gone.

mtbr member
    yowza!

Hairshirt Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by 69erSycip
    I really want to ride a Tranny. ha!

All kidding aside, will there be a singlespeed version of the Tranny to demo?
    I did the demo at Deer Creek today. They have a large built up with their primo ss kit. Might have them take some time to swap the stem out for you if you are in the 6' range. It was sporting a 90mm. Bring your big boy legs 'cause it is geared 2:1. The medium and xl were built up with gears.

simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Loudpawlz
    I did the demo at Deer Creek today. They have a large built up with their primo ss kit. Might have them take some time to swap the stem out for you if you are in the 6' range. It was sporting a 90mm. Bring your big boy legs 'cause it is geared 2:1. The medium and xl were built up with gears.
    Thanks for the info. 2:1 is stupid unless you are commuting to work. Gonna have to hassle them to change it so I can take it up Chimney Gulch.

Hairshirt Rider
    Thanks for the info. 2:1 is stupid unless you are commuting to work. Gonna have to hassle them to change it so I can take it up Chimney Gulch.
    The bike does weigh about 20 lbs, so that helps a little bit, but yea, on some of the front range climbs you can pull your arms out of your sockets trying to stay on the bike. That would be a great opportunity for them to demo how chain tension is adjusted

It would be great if you can report back and confirm the green ss is actually a large. I was told large, but after the fact I remembered the top top had the number 17 written in sharpie. It would be helpful to know if i was on a medium vs a large.

simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Loudpawlz
    The bike does weigh about 20 lbs, so that helps a little bit, but yea, on some of the front range climbs you can pull your arms out of your sockets trying to stay on the bike. That would be a great opportunity for them to demo how chain tension is adjusted

It would be great if you can report back and confirm the green ss is actually a large. I was told large, but after the fact I remembered the top top had the number 17 written in sharpie. It would be helpful to know if i was on a medium vs a large.
    I took bike #17 out which is a Large sized frame. Geared 34x18 which is perfect as Bloomer used to say. (I disagree )

Really great bike. Perfect for a shorter rider and possibly great for a 69er project if you want to make it much faster. STIFF was the greatest impression I got.
    Last edited by 69erSycip; 05-10-2011 at 03:07 PM.

Hairshirt Rider
    I took bike #17 out which is a Large sized frame. Geared 34x18 which is perfect as Bloomer used to say. (I disagree )

Really great bike. Perfect for a shorter rider and possibly great for a 69er project if you want to make it much faster. STIFF was the greatest impression I got.
    thanks for the update