Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    non-gumbyish
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    99

    Tuesday 6/20 Springs Ride

    Is anyone interested in doing a Chutes, Gold Camp, Buckhorn, Captain Jacks, Gold Camp, Chutes Loop. If not I am up for the usual Palmer Park ride around the same time for both 4:30 or so.

  2. #2
    Inflexable...
    Reputation: kchri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,902
    Chris,

    Can't make it tomorrow; however we are going to Mt Herman this afternoon if you or anyone else is interested. Probably meet around 5 pm at the trailhead...

    Kurt

  3. #3
    Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Reputation: kristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,579
    Quote Originally Posted by ctaylor05
    Is anyone interested in doing a Chutes, Gold Camp, Buckhorn, Captain Jacks, Gold Camp, Chutes Loop. If not I am up for the usual Palmer Park ride around the same time for both 4:30 or so.
    I would be, but I've got a family obligation and can't make it on Tuesday.

  4. #4
    Flowtronic engineer
    Reputation: shabadu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by ctaylor05
    Is anyone interested in doing a Chutes, Gold Camp, Buckhorn, Captain Jacks, Gold Camp, Chutes Loop. If not I am up for the usual Palmer Park ride around the same time for both 4:30 or so.
    Just rode it yesterday. I love that ride. Tho, Capm Jacks is in as rough shape as I've ever seen it. There was deep gravel up on the berms, it was crazy.
    Does anyone know the mileage/vert on that route?
    I really identify with you...SO MUCH.

    "Feelin stupid? I know I am."
    "You just have to forget everything you know about gravity."
    H. Simpson

  5. #5
    non-gumbyish
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    99
    If no one else replies that they want to do the loop I stated above, I should be able to make it to Mt. Herman by 5:00.

  6. #6
    rr
    rr is offline
    I don't do PC
    Reputation: rr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7,415
    Quote Originally Posted by shabadu
    Does anyone know the mileage/vert on that route?
    If you do it from the lot off Cheyenne rd. it's about 14 miles and 2000ft of vert.

    BTW, nice meeting you and your fiance yesterday, I'm the one that was at the switchbacks on Buckhorn, with Kristian and the others.

    -Rick

  7. #7
    I think I can.
    Reputation: JOEMTBR COLORADO's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,234
    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    If you do it from the lot off Cheyenne rd. it's about 14 miles and 2000ft of vert.

    BTW, nice meeting you and your fiance yesterday, I'm the one that was at the switchbacks on Buckhorn, with Kristian and the others.

    -Rick
    Rick,
    Come out and play this afternoon, you'll have fun and don't worry I am tired as well, went and rode buffalo creek this weekend with loudpawls so my legs are spent, just going to have fun.

    Joe

    Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

  8. #8
    rr
    rr is offline
    I don't do PC
    Reputation: rr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7,415
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEMTBR COLORADO
    Rick,
    Come out and play this afternoon, you'll have fun and don't worry I am tired as well, went and rode buffalo creek this weekend with loudpawls so my legs are spent, just going to have fun.

    Joe
    I'm stuck here, my wife has an appt. and I'm watching my daughter, I really want to do some riding up there though with you and Kurt sometime. So Buff creek was good huh? I love that place, the shuttle ride was a blast. -Rick

  9. #9
    Flowtronic engineer
    Reputation: shabadu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    If you do it from the lot off Cheyenne rd. it's about 14 miles and 2000ft of vert.

    BTW, nice meeting you and your fiance yesterday, I'm the one that was at the switchbacks on Buckhorn, with Kristian and the others.

    -Rick
    Cool, thanks. That is some rather painless vert gained.
    Yeah, good to meet you too. That was a funny encounter as I knew one of those guys in that other grop that climbed up the back of High Dr. 3 groups in one spot at one time. Funny. Its good to put names to faces.
    -Joe
    I really identify with you...SO MUCH.

    "Feelin stupid? I know I am."
    "You just have to forget everything you know about gravity."
    H. Simpson

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •