Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep

Trucker Is Taking Stage! T.I.T.S. Night Ride!!

Yep mr. Full Trucker annnounced to me that he is in this week and making a One Night Only appearance at Ironworks before the mountain tour! So break out your pink converse and join in on some duran duran action!! Yah, i'm calling you out! You have to watch what you say around me, you should know that by now

evan2.jpg

evan1.jpg

I know daylight savings kicked in but lets still meet Thursday at Ironworks around 6:15 but be rolling by 6:30. Maybe work in a little zorro, dakota this week!! Great to meet some new folks last week, temps should be good, but eh, never stopped us before!

Should be good! Who's In??!!
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

Bad Andy
    me.

go ride!!
    plan on being there! Will know for sure thursday afternoon-ish!

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

Planning on going this week, would love to do Zorro and Dakota....

go ride!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1x1junky
    Planning on going this week
    I don't believe it!

Chronic 1st-timer
    Unsure, but probably.
    Maybe, I really don't know yet, we'll see as the time gets nearer.
    I'll try to make if.......
    Well, I need to......
    My bike.....
    My va%$....
    Trailwrecker at large

mtbr member
    zip it you little pip squeak

Awesomist™
    PBR, what did I ever do to you? What did I ever do to ANY of you? You guys are SO mean...

The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

enlightened.
    Dec 2005
    DR is going to be very difficult on a cross bike

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    How come none of you pansies showed up at the Leadville race on Sunday?
    Skirts, the whole lot of you!
    Cheers!
    -jon

Quote Originally Posted by athalliah
    DR is going to be very difficult on a cross bike
    That's why you are getting plenty of notice to re-think your choice of commuter for the day

the blog

pokin around found a couple:

Anybody know who this 1st one was ouch!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_u66ILYO8UA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_u66ILYO8UA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Lubes? RUNNER SANDWICH? I didn't think you could have motorized vehicles on this trail Good sound effect editing though!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/euOj9VTBGI4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/euOj9VTBGI4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

the blog

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker
    PBR, what did I ever do to you? What did I ever do to ANY of you? You guys are SO mean...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RrlyB8dEt9c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RrlyB8dEt9c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

the blog

ok one more

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zfFI-pEKQpU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zfFI-pEKQpU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

the blog

Light freak
    Found another great video of the Hogback. Seems just like yesterday that we rode it, oh wait, it was just yesterday!! A lot different in the dark.

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EQsnU1vqgrE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EQsnU1vqgrE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>
    Last edited by scar; 03-10-2009 at 06:38 AM.

Light freak
    Was diggin the tunes in the in the first video. Did a search for "Drobox-Wishbone". Wow, excellent video to go with the tunes. Check it out -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pd7P88SWHQ

That first one plays better in normal quality though, that seems a bit sped up if that is normal speed, i am really slow.

the blog

Living the High Life
    Quote Originally Posted by PBR me!
    That first one plays better in normal quality though, that seems a bit sped up if that is normal speed, i am really slow.
    The end where it comes down to the road, I thought there was stairs there now, unless I got mixed up where the rider was.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu
    The end where it comes down to the road, I thought there was stairs there now, unless I got mixed up where the rider was.
    There are stairs down to the first part of road, then it's back up and then down to whatever road you cross over into Matthew Winters.

Living the High Life
    Quote Originally Posted by jlang002
    There are stairs down to the first part of road, then it's back up and then down to whatever road you cross over into Matthew Winters.
    Oh that was the MW side at the end. They skipped the climbing part, got it.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

Yah, scar that Dropbox was a good video

the blog

@2whlfun
    Aug 2008
    I better make this one happen cause I already know I have "work" conflicts the 2 weeks after this...
    2016 Spot rollik557, 2012 Rumblefish Elite, 2015 Minnesota 2 Fatbike, 2010 Superfly 100 Carbon, 2016 Fuji Transonic roadie

Stayin' Puft
    It will be strange starting the climb up GM from Ironworks in the daylight...but I'm down.

mtbr member
    I love those rides... Wish I didn't already have plans.. damnit!

Living the High Life
    Were you guys going to ride GM or Dakota?

Bad Andy
    Were you guys going to ride GM or Dakota?
    It may be just me, but I believe the answer is yes. (both)

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I should be there. Not 100% certain but pretty sure
    The legs feed the wolf boys.

Living the High Life
    Quote Originally Posted by andychrysler
    It may be just me, but I believe the answer is yes. (both)
    Well, I've done Dakota on my hard tail and I've done it in the dark. But I've never combined the two...not too sure about it to be honest.

I may wait a few weeks until I get my actual XC put together instead of trying it on my commuter. Maybe we could split the group, anyone want to just stay on GM? I definitely want to ride.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    You are a great man. Good work.

Bad Andy
    Well, I've done Dakota on my hard tail and I've done it in the dark. But I've never combined the two...not too sure about it to be honest.
    Ditto.
    I can walk as well as the next guy though!
    And I'm not proud (obviously).

Well, since we'll be starting at 6:30 ish. it will be light. ie:legal That is why we are heading zorro>dakota>mw>dakaota>zorro then up GM. So it will only be dark maybe the last stretch of dakota, zorro. Ithnu I believe you can handle it. Believe me, there are places i walk. you've ridden with me enough!

We are still starting at IW

TC bike is ready, bring your pedals!

the blog

Living the High Life
    Ihnu I believe you can handle it. Believe me, there are places i walk. you've ridden with me enough!
    Yeah, but I'm not a fan of walking DOWN, I've walked some of the level part of the hogback, but I've never walked the decent-even on the commuter. What the fudge, might was well give it a try. I did just put a disc on the front of the commuter I believe the configuration is called "The Mullet" disc in front, rim in back.

I'm getting so anxious for the new FS bike, all this riding on the commuter will make me appreciate it. That, and I don't think the frame was really intended to take a 200+ lb guy riding it down Dakota too many times. Once more should be ok? Right? Yeah!

<100%
    I'm in

mtbr member
    Well, since we'll be starting at 6:30 ish. it will be light. ie:legal That is why we are heading zorro>dakota>mw>dakaota>zorro then up GM. So it will only be dark maybe the last stretch of dakota, zorro. Ithnu I believe you can handle it. Believe me, there are places i walk. you've ridden with me enough!

We are still starting at IW

TC bike is ready, bring your pedals!
    I might be staying at IW especially if I cannot reach those pedals I'm bringing with me

mtbr member
    Sorry TC, my sons bike had thorns in the fron tire and I was out of spare tubes. If we were only riding GM, I would have let you ride the cross bike.

mtbr member
    Sorry TC, my sons bike had thorns in the front tire and I was out of spare tubes. If we were only riding GM, I would have let you ride the cross bike.

mtbr member
    No worries! I'm sure I'll manage and if not, I will still enjoy the Scottish Export and warmth in IW!

mtbr member
    may be hanging with you if temp drops to much....

mtbr member
    Yea, I'm pretty much a huge baby when it comes to the cold. I can handle about 35 and for no longer than like an hour...

go ride!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1x1junky
    may be hanging with you if temp drops to much....

Since this means NOT riding, my question is when did your vajayjay get so dang big? See you on the ride Miss Susie Cream Cheez!!

Living the High Life
    I talked to some friends from work, they may come with and do just the GM loop. If so I'm going with that option. Sorry guys, but I don't think I'll be much fun to be around riding up GM after MW and Dakota.
    Last edited by Ithnu; 03-12-2009 at 03:23 PM.

mtbr member
    God I love you BBD, I new I could count on you to tell me my gyna is sore

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

In

Spike is too.

I know the days are longer, but I think a 6:30 start from IW for the proposed route is a bit ambitious, I'm game though. I have my big mag light duct taped to the top tube. 4 D cells should be plenty!

MARCH 12
    SUN RISES SETS
    7:16 AM 7:05 PM

go ride!!
    Excellent bike ride. The hogback in the dark is, oh so sweet! 20 miles on a night ride is always nice. 'til next time, peace.

Stayin' Puft
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluedodge
    Excellent bike ride. The hogback in the dark is, oh so sweet! 20 miles on a night ride is always nice. 'til next time, peace.
    That rocky ridge trail in the dark just made the phrase "sick and wrong" come to my mind. That is, sick not in a good way for the current slang-meisters.

I did have a nice little solo climb up GM after ditching you freaks though...and learned some new one-foot-in-one-out-attempted-dab bouncing fixie moves that I am going to strongly attempt never to replicate. BBD at least I got to pass you on a climb and ride ahead of you for about 30 seconds. So it was a good night.

Bad Andy
    Just a few worthy pix...

I was late, and met the crew at Zorro - here some of them are starting up:

The best attempt I saw at the 1st step. It's more difficult in the dark!

Lubes (I think)

I s'pose the last 4 stragglers are still yukkin' it up at IW as I type this!

G'night...until next time!

Yes, we were yukkin it up! FT did finally take stage singing RIO i believe no photographic evidence, but have the headache to vouch for it!

Solid ride tonight gents!! er lastnight!

the blog

Light freak

Another great night with T.I.T.S.

Man that was a blast! I love the hogback at night. Something like 20 miles with about 2500' vertical, gotta love it. Not sure of the final tally for riders. Here are a couple of pics I snapped.

Port-a-potty break at Green Mountain parking lot

Just the beginning of the Hogback love fest

Gathering back up in Green Mountain west lot before headin up box-o-rox (oh, yeah!)

Chronic 1st-timer
    Showing up fresh made it that much more fun on my end....and couldn't have asked for better temps!
    Trailwrecker at large

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast