not actually bad :)

Trestle Freeride Friday ?s

Looking at taking the fam of 4 (me n wifey, 16 yr dghtr, 13 yr son) up next Friday for Freeride Friday Plus.
    From what I can gather it looks like it'll set me back about $240 for 2-7pm, plus maybe a discount if I book a couple days in advance?

That would be to rent 4 of each:
    Downhill bike
    Full padding
    Full face
    And lift tickets.

?s:
    -Will that be enough to wear us out real good? Or will we be frothing at the mouth for more?
    Because the full day looks to cost a ton more ($520 total? ), for only 2 more hours riding.
    I s'pose we will start green, work up to blue, and maybe I may get gutsy and try an easy black (do those exist?).
    -How crowded do the Freeride Fridays get?

I have an email in to Trestle, but just getting whatever info I can from the collective.
    Old Codger

Light freak
    bad andy!

Give PedalPushers in Golden a call. They have been doing a deal, you just make the reservation thru them. Was a smoking deal compared to walk up.

ridin dirtay
    Borrow some equipment from yur neighbor, dummy
    Just give him some beer
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Light freak
    Finally read the page I linked to -

$70 gets you a choice bike, full day ticket and armor.

Ka-coo-ka-cha!
    I was up there last week with a friend...we got in 6 runs from 4-7 but kept moving. That was enough give me some monkey hands . Just get there early and they will fit you with all the gear and a bike. Then you'll be ready to go at exactly 2 PM. You'll want more, but five hours should be a good day for you and the fam IMHO.

BTW, I rode my Yeti 7 (160 mm fork) and it had plenty of travel for anything up there, even Trestle DH. If you have a long travel rig and gear it is only $19 from 4-7. Still, I would have liked to rock a bigger bike for a bit more speed...and their bike would have taken the beating.
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live. ~Mark Twain, "Taming the Bicycle"

www.yeticycles.com

3 Legged Big Top
    Mar 2009
    BA I don't know your fam but I think you will want more than just an afternoon of riding, however I would jump all over the chance for a fam riding day even if it left me wanting more DH. You can ride the upper routes as family and then there are plenty opportunities to take different lower routes that offer more techy features.

I say go have a family fun day on Friday afternoon.

C

Free your heel...
    Does everyone in your family moutain bike already?

If yes, carry on and have a great time, plan on only taking breaks in the lift to get your moneys worth. Start with Green World, then Long Trail, then Boulevard and maybe Rainmaker.

If no, your family doesn't ride then don't go. I have seen many an angry family on the trail mad that they are forced into such a dangerous activity by dad. Dad is clearly a jerk for forcing the family to ride instead of playing on the climbing wall in the village with all the other cool kids.

mtbr member
    BA,
    I'm thinking you should head up there yourself (or drag SS w/ you) and feel out the vibes of the place first before committing that kind of coin. Like hopsalot said, it might not be your chic's or kid's scene...

Edit: bring a lunch, a lawn chair, a gallon of water to leave at the lift base and do some chillaxed laps. It's a different sport and should be treated like skiing...1st hint of fatigue, stop. This is speaking from the perspective of the ability writing checks the body can't cash
    Last edited by Pau11y; 07-15-2011 at 08:42 PM.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Thread Terrorist
    If you're not used to doing full days out there, spend the day doing it. Don't cram everything into a short period of time.
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

Total Goober
    Sep 2009
    If they aren't serious riders, I think the regular Freeride Friday would be plenty. You can get at least 4 runs in between 4 and 7, and save $80 over the Plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    You guys suck im all bummed now

Big Boned
    Andy -- you're welcome to use my pressure suit and knee pads if you want. My FF helmet is kinda stinky or you could use that too. Shoot me an email.
    Never rub another man's rhubarb.

Quote Originally Posted by WKD-RDR View Post
    Borrow some equipment from yur neighbor, dummy
    Just give him some beer
    Equipment meaning the one neighbor's hard tail Iron Horse, the other neighbor's full susp carbon Specialized, the other neighbor's Huffy, or the other neighbor's trike?

Quote Originally Posted by hopsalot
    Does everyone in your family moutain bike already?
    Yes but not gnarcore like myself. LOL.
    They all like it - the kids especially, but haven't done anything too difficult.
    GBP, Valmont on the easier stuff, and a lot of the Open Space stuff, just not that frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by hopsalot
    Dad is clearly a jerk
    I do hear that one quite frequently, but it's usually not because I am taking them riding!

In all seriousness, I appreciate all the info and recommendations. Have gotten lots of offers to borrow stuff, and I will be in touch!
    I will talk to them tomorrow about it, and I am confident they will be "all in"!
    Thanks again, it's a lot of info to consider!
    Old Codger

Thread Terrorist
    I'm headed to Keystone Friday, but I may head over and put a few runs with you guys.
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

Thanks fore the info, all.
    Got a good deal (free ) on a place in Breck so will be there instead.
    Hope to try Wp at some point.
    Old Codger