Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2008

Trestle Bike SKILLS park in DENVER

Opening July 23rd (tentative but very likely) is a 3 year project coming to fruition. Trestle Bike Skills Park at Barnum Park North is a 3 acre park that represents a partnership between the City of Denver and Winter Park Resort. This community based action sports park project gained momentum with Ruby Hill Rail Yard (winter terrain park) that began 5 years ago. This “summer equivalent” will be open year-around (weather permitting) and will provide an urban mountain biking experience to a diverse community and to the entire front range of Colorado. It is free to the public.

The park was designed by Gravity Logic and constructed by professional rider John Cowan. It includes wooden features, slopestyle line, multiple jump lines and a pump track.

Please respect the area until it is completely open.

Wow, the above sounded really official… what I meant to say is – come out to the opening day and check out the awesomeness of Trestle Bike Skills Park! Here are some pictures of the work in progress…they are on FB and on trestlebikepark.com gallery...

My leg feels funny
    I think I just pee'd a little

Thread Terrorist
    Dude, this is pure awesomeness. As soon as WP closes for the season, I'll be there!
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

formerly shabadu
    Nov 2006
    I got a tour on Wednesday. Mind=blown. Some of these lines are the real deal, and the possibility for transfers and variety are massive. Soooo stoked. Huge thanks to Denver Parks and Rec, Winter Park and Gravity Logic.
    I gotta admit, seeing Cowan push dirt around then test some of the lines left me a little star struck. I think a DJ bike just eclipsed a new CX bike in the future lineup.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    i hate living in california sometimes....

Free your heel...
    This thing seemingly sprung up overnight. Makes me wonder why other parks (not Golden) have taken years to construct.

Stand back
    Quote Originally Posted by hopsalot View Post
    This thing seemingly sprung up overnight. Makes me wonder why other parks (not Golden) have taken years to construct.
    It wasn't overnight. This one was in the works before Golden got started, but there was some shifting of responsibilities that kept it from getting the green light for construction for a little while. At one point, Flowtron was the guy who was gonna be pushing the dirt.

So a little more detail, FT - how's it compare to Valmont? And IE, when's our fieldtrip?
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

Free your heel...
    It's obvious alot of hard work and planning have going into this project. Drove by it today, can see the wood ramps from 6th Ave. I work super close, can't wait to ride it.

My leg feels funny
    Quote Originally Posted by hopsalot View Post
    FWIW Here's an article in Westword from 2008.

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword...uild_a_mou.php

formerly shabadu
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser View Post
    So a little more detail, FT - how's it compare to Valmont? And IE, when's our fieldtrip?
    I haven't made it to Valmont yet.

But from what I've seen, Barnum is certainly smaller. The variety of lines is pretty awesome though. The potential for lots of transfer lines is great. The pumptrack at the bottom is kinda long and looks fast. They are planning on putting another, smaller pumptrack at the top as well.
    The Barnum project is said to be kind of a "proof of concept" park,. So if things go well there is the potential for more parks in Denver and maybe a biggun sometime in the future at Ruby Hill(or thats the dream, at least). It jives with what WP is doing with the Railyard there in the winter.
    Its been 3 years in the works, but since shovels actually hit dirt, its been built impressively fast. The city has built some infrastructure in there too. Irrigation, sidewalks, some picnic bench platforms.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by flowtron View Post
    I haven't made it to Valmont yet.

But from what I've seen, Barnum is certainly smaller. The variety of lines is pretty awesome though. The potential for lots of transfer lines is great. The pumptrack at the bottom is kinda long and looks fast. They are planning on putting another, smaller pumptrack at the top as well.
    The Barnum project is said to be kind of a "proof of concept" park,. So if things go well there is the potential for more parks in Denver and maybe a biggun sometime in the future at Ruby Hill(or thats the dream, at least). It jives with what WP is doing with the Railyard there in the winter.
    Its been 3 years in the works, but since shovels actually hit dirt, its been built impressively fast. The city has built some infrastructure in there too. Irrigation, sidewalks, some picnic bench platforms.
    Whats the plan for maintenance/water?
    Transition, Shimano, DT Swiss, deity, Maxxis, Dakine, Demon Dirt, MRP, Oakley, VP, Honey Stinger, Grassroots Cycles

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Oh my God; AWESOME!!!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by simcik View Post
    Whats the plan for maintenance/water?
    Built in irrigation with spickets for hoses and a volly troop of 30 committed to maintain year around...and a fresh set of tools. Hell yeah. Good seeing you today Simcik!

mtbr member
    I drove by last night. The place looks great.

On the note of bike parks: Frisco's has 3 lines running. They were moving dirt for the pump track and dual slalom course, yesterday.

formerly shabadu
    Nov 2006
    Sounds like the opening day on the 23rd for Barnum has been postponed. Rain delay.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Sounds like the opening day on the 23rd for Barnum has been postponed. Rain delay.
    Where did you get that info?

Thread Terrorist
    This is so awesome to have. Just think that we didn't have much 2 years ago other than some DJ's being maintained by a few locals. Now...
    Valmont
    Golden
    Barnum
    Frisco
    Ryolite
    Superior
    Lyons
    Golden Bike Park Group

Trestle Bike Park

Thread Terrorist
    The Barnum project is said to be kind of a "proof of concept" park,. So if things go well there is the potential for more parks in Denver and maybe a biggun sometime in the future at Ruby Hill(or thats the dream, at least).
    Well, for what its worth, we're discussing adding in Pocket Bike Park elements in other parks with in Golden. Plans are hatched, we'll keep you up to date! Then we'll be expanding the GBP this fall.
    Golden Bike Park Group

Trestle Bike Park

formerly shabadu
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CombatMutt View Post
    Where did you get that info?
    Where does one get all their vital updates these days? The Facebook. Bike Denver.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by IndecentExposure View Post
    This is so awesome to have. Just think that we didn't have much 2 years ago other than some DJ's being maintained by a few locals. Now...
    Valmont
    Golden
    Barnum
    Frisco
    Ryolite
    Superior
    Lyons
    Its a good time to be a Mt biker in Colorado!

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Where does one get all their vital updates these days? The Facebook. Bike Denver.
    Ohhhhhh. I don't Facebook. Seriously.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Ran into a couple of the Trestle diggers at Valmont on Friday, Devin and (?), who had been at DBP digging in the heat. They said that the opening is supposed to be this Saturday. Can anyone confirm this? It would be great but I wouldn't think that they would pull people away from WP for the opening ceremony with Crankworx going on.

Ink

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by IndecentExposure View Post
    Valmont
    Golden
    Barnum
    Frisco
    Ryolite
    Superior
    Lyons
    this needs a sticky with park info and directions

formerly shabadu
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by inkaholic View Post
    Ran into a couple of the Trestle diggers at Valmont on Friday, Devin and (?), who had been at DBP digging in the heat. They said that the opening is supposed to be this Saturday. Can anyone confirm this? It would be great but I wouldn't think that they would pull people away from WP for the opening ceremony with Crankworx going on.

Ink
    I have heard it will rideable on Aug 1, but the grand opening will be the 6th. I haven't heard about this weekend.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Thanks flowtron. I will be gone this weekend so I hope the GO will be on the 6th so that I can attend with my kid. We are both excited to have another fun riding spot.

Ink

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast