Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Trestle bike park trails?

I was wondering what will be the best trails to ride for a Beginner? This will be my 3rd time up there but this time i am going to rent a bike since i wont have room in my car for mine . I am soo looking forward to hit some sweet DH .

For the last 2 July 4'th weekends i have been up there but i am going up Tuesday-Friday this year so i hope the it will be a Ghost town.

Thanks for the input.
    My new Quote is "don't let friends ride old bikes on DH Trails "

Kid In The Helmet
    Shy Ann - Long Trail - Lonesome Whistle - Boot Camp - Boulevard - Free Speech. these trails should keep you entertained for a good amount of time...then as you progress you can start to jump up to some of the more difficult trails.

do yourself a favor and upgrade to the demo program and get yourself a brand new super sweet bike! I recommend the SX Trail.

have fun!
    Ride Hard & Don't Get Dead!

mtbr member
    Just stay off of Trestle DH and Be All You Can Be. About everything else should be super fun. You might not be the fastest - but who cares!!?
    "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit." - And I agree.

formerly Nomad rdr
    Apr 2010
    What Klaus said. My 12 year old son and myself went yesterday and the only "hard" trail on the mountain is Trestle. Everything is rollable and there are no true big drops. It is a pretty safe place to hone your skills. Everything is marked and there are no big surprises. It was a fun place to ride.

mtbr member
    Thanks Guys. When i am up there i always watch the guys come down and watch in envy. This year my wife said to go and they ( her and my Sis inlaw ) will watch my Nieces so i can enjoy a day on the Mtn. I am going to enjoy the late riding Wednesday because they keep the lifts open till 7..

mtbr member
    Can you really roll the drops on Be All You Can Be? I hit them all the time but not sure I would try and roll them.

Slopestyle Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by MBX5
    Can you really roll the drops on Be All You Can Be? I hit them all the time but not sure I would try and roll them.
    Yeah, it can get a little sketchy, but it's certainly doable.

~~~~~~~~
    On the flip side of the OP, what's up with the steep techy gnar stuff? I'm seeing plenty of jumps and berms but I'm hoping for an update on some truly scary trails. I know the terrain is there, and whatever happened to i2i?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MBX5
    Be All... requires a 2-3 ft drop off the wood in the beginning. But if you pop off the wood and land on the tranny, then it's actually really smooth. Two strong pedal strokes on the wood and the tranny is a sure thing.
    I'm not sure if you can roll the exit air off the wood at the end either. Again, a small pop and you're in the tranny and it's smooth goodness.
    There's a pretty big step up in the middle. Once you round the berm, start pedaling. You can roll it on the left, but you'll need speed. So, pump everything you can, especially the dip right before.
    Enjoy, I do
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    green world should be open by next weekend so beginners can have a great experience. "Rain Maker" which is what the jump trail is now officially called will have a new section open hopefully for Wednesday afternoon. Big berms and nice big jumps. More singletrack on the go including upper No Quarter which will send you into the existing section at about 20-30mph to allow for some more speed through the whole trail. More trails or sections of trail will be opening up straight through until closing day.

Slopestyle Rider
    Dave... burritos tomorrow?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    yep, skate decks too.

mtbr member
    Any chance some of the existing stuff will be worked on? The berms are starting to show some signs of wear, chatter bumps, etc...
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    yes, maintenance will be a priority. The crew was focused on GW and RM. Now that the end is in sight it will be buffing up the existing stuff.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gldk
    yes, maintenance will be a priority. The crew was focused on GW and RM. Now that the end is in sight it will be buffing up the existing stuff.
    Thank you, sir!
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Went up to WP today and had a great time. Rode everything in sight from Trestle DH to Shy Ann and everything in between. Some friends up from NM were amazed at how good Trestle and SV are.

We have now hit SV, Keystone and Trestle. Man, are we blessed. If you can't have fun on a gravity bike at any of these areas, you just don't have a pulse. Imagine riding the best rollercoaster on earth as many times as you can until you just can't ride any more.

These are salad days for DH in Colorado..get out there and ride! The areas are all working really hard to show you a great time, and the trails are just awesome.

As for Be All U Can Be, I wouldn't recommend it if you are going to roll the drops, as pointed out, you need to at least pop the launches, but to me the jump in the middle of the three wooden drops is the danger. That thing deserves respect. If you are riding that line for the first time, take it easy as that thing has a nasty kick.

mtbr member
    That was my thought on Be All U Can Be just a small pop makes it to the transitions but I for one would not want to roll the drops. I've had a few people ask me when I was starting the trail if you could roll it but never felt comfertable telling them yes.

I heart the drops
    chris I would recomend hitting the new greenworld trails along with long trail and shy ann in that order.
    "its not how slack your head angle is, its how you ride the bike"

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by honkinunit
    Went up to WP today and had a great time. Rode everything in sight from Trestle DH to Shy Ann and everything in between. Some friends up from NM were amazed at how good Trestle and SV are.

We have now hit SV, Keystone and Trestle. Man, are we blessed. If you can't have fun on a gravity bike at any of these areas, you just don't have a pulse. Imagine riding the best rollercoaster on earth as many times as you can until you just can't ride any more.

These are salad days for DH in Colorado..get out there and ride! The areas are all working really hard to show you a great time, and the trails are just awesome.
    I couldn't agree more! My weekend so far has gone as follows:
    Friday - duck out of work early and get up to Sol Vista in time to see Steve Peat and hear the stories of his riding. Rip Sol Vista trails from 5-7pm.
    Saturday - Ride Winter Park from 9.30am-4.30pm, drive down to Sol Vista and ride Stranger, Cheezit, Silky, etc from 5pm to 7pm.
    Sunday - Take a "break" from Frazier valley and drive over to Keystone for a day more DH goodness. Haven't been to Keystone for the past 2 seasons and it was fun to get back there.
    Monday (today) will be Winter Park with friends again.

Spoiled Rotten is how I describe us.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zzsean
    I couldn't agree more! My weekend so far has gone as follows:
    Friday - duck out of work early and get up to Sol Vista in time to see Steve Peat and hear the stories of his riding. Rip Sol Vista trails from 5-7pm.
    Saturday - Ride Winter Park from 9.30am-4.30pm, drive down to Sol Vista and ride Stranger, Cheezit, Silky, etc from 5pm to 7pm.
    Sunday - Take a "break" from Frazier valley and drive over to Keystone for a day more DH goodness. Haven't been to Keystone for the past 2 seasons and it was fun to get back there.
    Monday (today) will be Winter Park with friends again.

Spoiled Rotten is how I describe us.

Hmm Yea but that is why we live here right?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by airwreck
    On the flip side of the OP, what's up with the steep techy gnar stuff? I'm seeing plenty of jumps and berms but I'm hoping for an update on some truly scary trails. I know the terrain is there, and whatever happened to i2i?
    "i2i" still there......it's not at the resort!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    The guys shuttled "Rain Maker" today. First lap everyone agreed it was slow and soft, by the 5th lap everyone was super stoked and trannies were being hit. Nice floaty airs and huge berms. It is going to be slow for a couple days but a little rain and a bunch of riders the trail is going to be sick. Come check it out, you won't be dissapointed. Open Wednesday for sure!! Videos and Pics ASAP.

mtbr member

GW? Can I buy a vowel?
    This won't hurt a bit...

Antitheist & Kitten lover
    Can you talk to the lifties about proper bike loading and unloading? The lift is bad enough without being restricted by loading only 2 bikes at a time.
    Race Mojo Wheels | Read VitalMTB

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonvelocity
    Can you talk to the lifties about proper bike loading and unloading? The lift is bad enough without being restricted by loading only 2 bikes at a time.

Not sure what you mean??? The lifties at WP are the nicest people I've ran into. Why would they need to load your bike??? Didn't know there was a restricted amount of bikes I've ran by myself with one bike, and have done either 2 or three when I'm not riding alone, and the lift lines at WP are usually very fast if not a line at all. Are you sure you aren't referring to Keystone and the Gondola??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast