Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Trestle bike park "Rainmaker" video

6K views 65 replies 29 participants last post by  euroford 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I always seem to be in full xc mode to make all the jumps on RM. Is it me? is it all the braking bumps? or is the trail not steep enough to carry mo? I like that trail but I think I like No Quarter better. IMO the wood gapper near the bottom of Free Speech is most fun jump on the hill.

#4 ·
Now I've got a bike that I can pop, I both scrub and pedal. The only one I won't force the issue of landing in the tranny is #3. You need to drift that one slightly left to avoid rolling into and off that ditch on the bottom of the right hand berm. And, the tranny is SHORT before you have to lay the bike over for the berm. If you come in/down squirrelly and don't set up for that berm well...I have no idea what kind of ding-weeds are on the other side of that right hander berm.

#5 ·
MBX5 said:
Not sure how the new section of trail is as I have yet to ride it but I seem to be able to flow down all of RM with very few pedal strokes.
agreed. not a whole lot of braking or pedaling involved...

The new top section was muddy last weekend so it rode slow but its probably good by next weekend...

#11 ·
joelalamo45 said:
pedaling? on RM? I roll brakes on most of it... That being said, the next to last jump gives me fits... the berm before it is huge, but somehow I case that jump. Anyone else having the same issue?
The last couple runs I made that one, but the entrance to the berm is tricky. I initiated the turn before I got to the berm and my rear end slid out until I hit the steep part of the berm... def. a little sketchy because you're relying on that berm to catch your drift.

#12 ·
davec113 said:
The last couple runs I made that one, but the entrance to the berm is tricky. I initiated the turn before I got to the berm and my rear end slid out until I hit the steep part of the berm... def. a little sketchy because you're relying on that berm to catch your drift.
I think I made that one in the video and I didnt have to drift the berm either. I have cleared all of them you just have to not brake on the whole lower section.

#14 ·
joelalamo45 said:
pedaling? on RM? I roll brakes on most of it... That being said, the next to last jump gives me fits... the berm before it is huge, but somehow I case that jump. Anyone else having the same issue?
I come in nose first on that one and tuck up the rear wheel. For the majority of the landings, I touch my front wheel down about a foot shy of the tranny, but the back is good. On my last run, I pedaled on that near vert berm and caught the tranny w/ both wheels.

#16 ·
Upper Rainmaker getting fast

Upper Rainmaker is settling in nicely. Seems like the crew may buffed out the beginning which was needed. I am really liking the jumps on this trail as they are long and take some speed to clear. The big jump before the coming into the berms on upper rainmaker seems like pure motocross goodness. Great job WP! Seems to get better every weekend.

#19 ·
backcountryislife said:
I think there are two new hits on upper RM also this weekend, I like what they've done there, it feels really nice now!!!
I still haven't figures out the 180 degree right handed berm to short table in the middle of the lower section (I think). Losing all my speed in there somewhere.

Took this yesterday. Not rainmaker...not sure what its called.

Attachments

#20 ·
Is that the latest trail above the fire road approach to Boot Camp? I saw the crew working on Sat and Sun on that trail, and from what I can see it looks like a long elevated stunt trail. It was still blocked off as of about 3:30ish yesterday, but I'm hoping its open for business by next weekend!

Oh yea, Rainmaker. I found the upper section to be a SPRINT in order to make the landings, but I'm not a great jumper by any stretch. The upper jumps are all longer, and the wind was f'ing with me a bit as they're much more exposed than the lower section. I've got the lower trail dialed in now! [eye opener]Its not about the jumps, its about the turns. [/eye opener]

#21 ·
TCR1 said:
I still haven't figures out the 180 degree right handed berm to short table in the middle of the lower section (I think). Losing all my speed in there somewhere.Took this yesterday. Not rainmaker...not sure what its called.
These new features are making me not want to work today *cough* and go shred.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.