Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Trestle Bike Park Map 2011

Hot off the Press Here is the new map for 2011,,, I can't wait to ride up there,

http://trestlebikepark.com/downloads...1_trailmap.pdf
    My new Quote is "don't let friends ride old bikes on DH Trails "

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    So..........no Olympia lift? Instead we get two smaller lifts on the same side? How is that gonna "spread" everyone out?

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Is it just me, or does that map look exactly like the map looked last summer? I don't see any planned new trails on it.

I was hoping to see at least one new red and black dashed trail going from top to bottom with the word "under construction" next to it....

I'm with stupid
    Yes the "buffness" of WP on most trails it was keeps me from getting a season pass. Im not much of a jumper so chunk is more appealing to me.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    So ...Mt Goat's back to a half day adventure. No more rippin' GW to Lonesome Whistle? I can see Eskimo...avoiding the "show" at the base. Gemini.......really? Are they mad because the lifties at the Oly would sleep all day? Seems like a step backwards.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    you guys are quick to jump on the negative bandwagon. Let me explain a few things.
    The map does not include any "new construction" lines but if you look at the top right corner of the map it says "trail expansion all summer including top to bottom rainmaker". Believe me, there will be lots and lots of trail expansion all summer.LOTS! Because of USFS approvals (or lack of) a few years back Trestle got criticized for over promising and under delivering due to a lack of promised new construction. They probably feel that it is now a better plan to under promise and over deliver, that is certainly what I would do. You will not be dissapointed with the amount or quality of new trails this year, Guaranteed.

Next the lift choice seems to be confusing a few people. MOJO- No the lift company were not "mad" that the lifties were sleeping all day, they struggled with a decision to run a lift that averaged 20 riders per day, doesn't really make business sense does it and don't forget, it is a business. The fact is that the Oly chair serviced only 1 or 2 trails neither of which were very good and not designed to handle the traffic of a commercial operation. While the "phase two" plan of trail development includes more trails to the Oly chair the fact is the plan is not approved and may not make the most operational sense anyway. Phase one which has been approved will see more trail infrastructure in the Gemini/eskimo area. Eskimo chair will allow folks to ride LT, RM, NQ,FS etc. and have super quick turn around times without having to go all the way to bottom. The gemini chair makes a lot of sense if you understand the master plan. Again it is not my perogative to spell out that plan but I'll give you some things to think about. How about an operating season that starts memorial day weekend because the snow has melted lower down? How about a new super easy green trail so that beginners don't have to go all the way to the top as 1700 vertical feet can be tough for those new to our sport. How about a handful of new trails from blue to double black from the top of Gemini to get in some hot laps early season, late season, and late night especially Saturday evenings when the Zephyr is booked by weddings. Think about not having to walk your bike through the village through the lineups for the climbing wall, alpine slide mini golf etc. and don't forget that you can get off the gemini and ride downhill for 30 seconds and reach the eskimo.
    The Zephyr will continue to get busier with both foot passengers and mountain bikers and the line ups would not get any smaller as the years go on. I would suggest that a pat on the back should be given to Trestle for trying something new by operating the Oly and being big enough to admit it wasn't really working and instead of just shutting it down replacing it with some more lift options that seem to make more sense. Will it work? Hopefully, but you can be sure that if it doesn't instead of just shutting it down Trestle will continue to to try new ideas and continue to push the limits of customer service.
    In a time when bike parks are really cutting down services (NorthStar) or closing all together (Blue,PA and others) you guys should be greatful that you have not only Trestle but a handfull of other great MTB parks all within a couple hours.
    A step backwards? No way, a huge step forwards.
    Ride On!!

Thread Terrorist
    Quote Originally Posted by gldk
    you guys are quick to jump on the negative bandwagon. Let me explain a few things.

snip... lots of text...

Ride On!!
    I need to buy you a beer. Good work man! Love this place, it gets better now that GL has taken over.

Seriously, I want to come out and throw down with a shovel for a day. I sort of miss it now that Golden Bike Park is done... although that will change soon.

IE
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Yo IE, speaking of a pat on the back, I'm in WV working on a project and overheard a conversation in a restaurant about how good the Golden bike park is, the guy was saying he loves it and his kids do as well, good ****. I haven't been there but will be sure to check it out this summer. Good to hear positve stuff about anywhere in CO halfway across the country though. The front range is well on its way to becoming the MTB capital of the U.S. if it isn't already.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Yo.. DK, first, I would like to apologize for drinking and posting! I think a lot of "visitors" didn't realize the Oly was even an option. Didn't know how to get there, or "heard" about all the "climbing" to get to MG. Didn't realize that the the top of Gemini is higher then the bottom of the Eskimo. That definitely makes more sense. So... is "phase two" still gonna happen with FS approval? I'm not worried about new trails, I know you'll be crankin' those out as soon as the snow melts. Thanks for all the hard work and I'll see you in the "pleasure dome" in a couple months. I'll bring the beer!

Free your heel...
    Think about not having to walk your bike through the village through the lineups for the climbing wall, alpine slide mini golf etc.

This is a huge step forward, I always found it insane that WP sets people free to ride a trail like boot camp but can't trust the same rider to ride past mother and child in the village.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hopsalot
    This is a huge step forward, I always found it insane that WP sets people free to ride a trail like boot camp but can't trust the same rider to ride past mother and child in the village.
    I always just rode behind the buildings to avoid the walking portion of the ride.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn D.
    I always just rode behind the buildings to avoid the walking portion of the ride.
    +1, unless I'm cougar huntin'!

To be continued
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Maestro
    +1, unless I'm cougar huntin'!
    Lol. Also +1 to that AND the water behind the clinic.
    P3575303RDH

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    MOJO- I sometimes wish my computer had a breathalyzer on it that wouldn't turn on after more than a few beers, such is life. It's going to be a great year and as always I'm stoked to hit up SV and KS too. Word on the street is that Steamboat, CB, Snowmass,Telluride and Vail will all be dumping at least a little bit of cash into their operations this summer some more than others for sure, things are looking good for CO.

mtbr member
    Never been before, looks like there are 2 easier trails( green world and shy Ann). Will they be ok for a beginner( my girl)? About how long does it take to ride a trail?
    Thx for info, deciding between WP or Keystone for a trip in June.

Yay! Bikes !
    RCP80: if your girl can safely ride a mountain bike, I bet she would LOVE Green World. Its a long, non technical, flowing trail. Nothing that will kill her, or even scare her aside from potential for speed. It might be a great intro for her.

I can't wait for the lifts to open this year. ALL OF THEM.
    Nick.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick.
    RCP80: if your girl can safely ride a mountain bike, I bet she would LOVE Green World. Its a long, non technical, flowing trail. Nothing that will kill her, or even scare her aside from potential for speed. It might be a great intro for her.

I can't wait for the lifts to open this year. ALL OF THEM.
    Nick,
    Are you rocking a new park bike this summer?
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Yay! Bikes !
    I'm 95% done with a DHR, but my trusty 'little bike' is always fun!
    Nick.

Stand back
    I'm 95% done with a DHR, but my trusty 'little bike' is always fun!
    New dhr?
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

Yay! Bikes !
    No its an '08 "round tube" frame. New to me!
    Nick.

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Sweet! Congrats on the new (to you) bike!

mtbr member

Sweet! Is it the one w/ the zirk ports? Post a status pic man!
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

a dad
    Jan 2004
    MOJO- I sometimes wish my computer had a breathalyzer on it that wouldn't turn on after more than a few beers, such is life. It's going to be a great year and as always I'm stoked to hit up SV and KS too. Word on the street is that Steamboat, CB, Snowmass,Telluride and Vail will all be dumping at least a little bit of cash into their operations this summer some more than others for sure, things are looking good for CO.
    If you haven't ridden CB, its really fun.. two really good trails and a third was just opened at the end of the season that I haven't ridden, but heard good things.. When the lighting comes you can also shuttle the back side trails that are a pain to get to from the lifts..
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Thanks Nick! Who recommends trestle over keystone for my first CO trip?

Slopestyle Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by RCP80
    Thanks Nick! Who recommends trestle over keystone for my first CO trip?
    Me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast