mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Trek STP 200 "borrowed"

hey all --

i just had my Trek STP 200 lifted from me yesterday morning (7/10/06) right in front of my office in downtown Denver. if anyone sees anything about it posted anywhere i would appreciate a heads up. the only thing remotely unique about it, besides the bike itself, is a set of shimano M324 SPD pedals. the STP will be hard to replace so it would be nice if i could actually just get it back. thanx

pin 'er up
    Dude sorry, I work downtown and will keep an eye out. Sorry.
    Black Sheep...where it'ss at!!
    "I'm not known for my patience. Patience is a polite quality and often appropriate, but it rarely gets things done. Impatience, however, is the hunger for results and intolerance for excuses and delays." LA

screw road bikes
    My eyes are peeled. Good luck bud!
    Full Tilt Cyclery
    GT Bicycles
    Oakley
    Sram and Co.
    Fox
    Go Fast
    MAXXIS

I

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    thanx people, i appreciate it. i realize it is probably dust in the wind, but i thought it was worth a try.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Upset

I don't believe in capital punishment, but bicycle thieves should have parts of their body (like hands and fingers) dismembered in the center of the town (on a stage) where they ripped off someone's bike so all can see.

mtbr member

Idea! They use to Hang Horse thiefs

Why not Bike Thiefs

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Great bike, i used to have one myself but sold it to a friend. Im sorry some a$$wipe stole yours. If i see one around, i will club the rider mercilessly till he admits its yours.

holding back the darkness
    Funny you should mention it. I noticed the same model bike on eBay today.... . Check eBay auction #190167012642. Prolly a dead end, but worth the couple clicks it takes to get over to eBay.
    Says it's in Tx.... but you might check it out- it's the same bike, just no pedals at all. Auction ends in 4hrs.

edit: here's a quick photo
    **** censorship

Bad Andy
    Am I missing something here?
    Did anyone notice the original post was from July 2006?

mtbr member
    May 2006

and?

Its like a good episode of cold case dude.... the case is never closed till the perp is caught.

I am still on the lookout for a bike that was thieved from me 6 years ago. I always imagine what i will do if i see someone riding my stolen bike. The chances of finding it are not real good but one can hope.