Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Trek Demo Lyon's March 8th

Come out and ride the new 2008 Trek and Gary Fisher mountain and Road bikes. Presented by The Trek Bicycle Store of Boulder (opening March 14th) and Trek Bicycles. The Trek demo trailer will be parked at the Oskar Blues Brewery in Lyon's from 10 - 3 Saturday March 8th. This is great chance to really romp the mountain bikes with the Hall Ranch trail head just minutes away by bike. The road riding in the area is excellent, give one of the new Madones a try. More info on the demo and bikes here.
    Last edited by TrekStoreBoulder; 03-05-2008 at 02:26 PM.

VooDoo user.
    Where is the new store located? Site just says boulder with hours of operation.

i took the wheels home
    From the pictures and the website hosting all the info, I'm going to guess that this is where Cutting Edge Sports used to be. They are in the Base-Mar shopping center on the SE corner of Baseline and Broadway.

..ouch
    So did Cutting Edge now rename itself to The Trek Store? The link with the demo info still lists this as the "Cutting Edge Demo".

Btw.. say hi to the Redstone folks since you'll be hanging out next door.

bbc
    Bueno!
    Lyons.

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by thump
    So did Cutting Edge now rename itself to The Trek Store? The link with the demo info still lists this as the "Cutting Edge Demo".

Btw.. say hi to the Redstone folks since you'll be hanging out next door.
    I'll let you know since I ride my bike by cutting edge to work. I see if they are doing a remodel.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

Rolling
    Yep, sure enough, cutting edge is being remodeled with a big sign about Trek Bike Shop.

Your retarded
    Does Lyons now has three bike shops?
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickle
    Does Lyons now has three bike shops?

Trek is taking their demo trailer out there for a day. Stay away from hall ranch that day if you want to avoid crowds. Oh wait, this thread is to promote going out there.
    Last edited by lidarman; 03-04-2008 at 10:52 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bbc
    Lyons.
    My bad!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Will the Louisville store be changing?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I've heard there's a shop right there in town... Redstone I think... that will let you demo bikes any day of the week. No corporate BS and the owner seems like a rightous dude.
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

mtbr member

hmmm.....

just a helpful FYI post, or does a forum join date 2 weeks before the store opening and links to several business sites make it nothing more than thinly veiled spam? just wondering.....

Lust for Life
    I'm sorry but anyone who can't spell the name of the Venue (Oskar Blues) or the town (Lyons) might not have everyone's best interest in mind. I'll ride Demo's from Dave at Redsone Cyclery or Glenn at Bitterbrush before I go near this thing. Looks like it might snow.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    My thoughts exactly...
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

rr
    I don't do PC
    Has anyone ridden the new design and can compare it to other horst or faux bar designs out there? Certainly looks interesting

ride
    Now, I'm all for riding bikes and promoting the sport and I also realize that there's really no good riding by the Trekking Edge store on Baseline. I'm flattered that such hoopla is coming to Lyons to showcase how great the riding is here. That's why I've been here for the last 9 years.

Here's the reality, though - check the snow and conditions report. We rode Hall yesterday and it was pretty good. It snowed a lot last night, though, and is supposed to be snowy and crappy thru Thurs eve. The rock garden may or may not be good on Saturday, but Antelope and the Nelson loop are pretty much guaranteed to be sloppy. Should be a great weekend to promote responsible mountain biking on public lands. Also, last I checked, Dave W, one of the store owners of Cutting Edge, was heavily involved with BMA and Cutting Edge is a business supporter of BMA. huh?

How about donating each test rider a $25 membership to BMA for every mtb that comes back with a muddy bike? And feel free to come by the shop for free beers on Sat - the fridge is stocked.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Holy sh!t, I didn't even look at the date!! Time-10-3, just enough time for the trail to thaw.

I'd agree that a 25 dollar donation would seem appropriate.

Poor Hall's. (insert weeping Native American "smilie" here)

Edit to add: The more I think about this the more issues I have with it (imagine that). A big, company sponsored shop coming to town to offer demos and promote their business and make money regardless of trail conditions (it would appear).
    Furthermore, a locally owned, company sponsored shop that should be aware of local trail conditions (way early in the season IMO, to get a bunch of yahoos out on a trail that only is only half ridable, per reports here) and the sensitive relations between cyclists and land managers here in Boulder County.
    And here I thought the corporate end of cycling was attempting to get more involved in advocacy issues at the grassroots level.
    Admittedly, I generally avoid Halls and try hard to ride elsewhere for many reasons but add this event to the list.
    Why not later in the year?
    Will they (you) cancel the event should the trail be too muddy?
    Last edited by jugdish; 03-05-2008 at 12:24 PM.
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jugdish
    Holy sh!t, I didn't even look at the date!! Time-10-3, just enough time for the trail to thaw.

Edit to add: The more I think about this the more issues I have with it (imagine that). A big, company sponsored shop coming to town to offer demos and promote their business and make money regardless of trail conditions (it would appear).
    Furthermore, a locally owned, company sponsored shop that should be aware of local trail conditions (way early in the season IMO, to get a bunch of yahoos out on a trail that only is only half ridable, per reports here) and the sensitive relations between cyclists and land managers here in Boulder County.
    And here I thought the corporate end of cycling was attempting to get more involved in advocacy issues at the grassroots level.
    Admittedly, I generally avoid Halls and try hard to ride elsewhere for many reasons but add this event to the list.
    Why not later in the year?
    Will they (you) cancel the event should the trail be too muddy?

A tad on the dramatic side, don't ya think?

Also worth noting that this seems to be more than just a MTB demo.

..ouch
    Quote Originally Posted by jugdish

Don't worry.. if they do end up pulling a bunch of trail destroying noobs out on the trail then the karma gods may take care of this one. Noobs + snow + Hall Ranch rock garden = scratched, dented and broken demo fleet.

*Hopefully* the more experienced riders will know better. A quick heads-up to the regular Hall ranger will probably take care of the others.

Ignazjr, classy response on your part.

I heart the drops
    Hereís an idea why donít you just take that money invested in the demo fleet and give it to the equestrian lobbyist to get us kicked off the trails. Please don't ruin this for everyone trying to promote your product if the trails are bad stay off.
    "its not how slack your head angle is, its how you ride the bike"

mtbr member
    Fair enough everybody. And thanks for correcting my spelling errors. The time of year was a concern for me and was a gamble (this is when the demo truck was available). It has always been the plan to divert and or make riders aware of less than steller conditions. This is really just a demo, an opportunity to ride new product. In general I'm not a fan of spam and was hesitant to post, I really just wanted to let people know about the demo. There are plenty of other comments in this thread that I could address, if you feel that strongly please PM me.

..ouch
    I think most the sensitivity comes from picturing a bunch of noobs peeling around on an already contentious and overcrowded section of great singletrack.. Hosting it in the backyard of a well respected local shop probably doesn't help either.

So, what's the scoop? Has Cutting Edge changed ownership or is this a facelift of the current shop?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thump

So, what's the scoop? Has Cutting Edge changed ownership or is this a facelift of the current shop?
    Same owners. Major facelift and rebranding of the store.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast