mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Transport from Denver Airport to CO Trail Seg. 6 trailhead

My boyfriend and I going to bikepack a portion of the CO trail in a few weeks. We are flying into Denver and looking for public transportation from Denver to trail head of Segment 6 Kenosha Pass off 285. Any suggestions?

Thread Terrorist
    Are you renting bikes? what kind of transportation do you need?

You can take RTD from the airport to many different area's within Denver. There are 'mountain shuttles' that take you into Summit, but not sure about getting to Kenosha Pass.... that sort of out in the middle of no-where as far as transportation goes. You could probably make it to Conifer, CO, and the ride from there.
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    We are flying out with our bikes so looking for bus or shuttle transport.
    According to RTD website I think the furthest we can get is Pine Junction which is just south of Conifer.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    I'd call Greyhound - it looks like they service Fairplay, CO... which I would expect from Denver would go over Kenosha Pass. Maybe they'll drop you right at the pass?

Thread Terrorist
    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchBroadRiverFest
    According to RTD website I think the furthest we can get is Pine Junction which is just south of Conifer.
    Or... drop at Pine Junction. Take the road towards Pine (all down hill, will take you 10 minutes)... get into Pine Valley open space and connect to the CT there. Its an area called Buffalo creek, and there's a huge network of trails that connect in with the CT. You can even hang out and ride around, camp, and get used to the altitude.
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    You can take public transportation to pine and kenosha pass is 25 miles from pine. The first 7 miles or so are downhill into bailey which would leave around 18 miles to get to kenosha pass via your bikes. Are you headed back towards denver or heading to breck on the CT.

There is definitely a good climb to get to kenosha but not insane like some of our mountain passes in colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchBroadRiverFest

mtbr member
    i would take rtd to pine and thumb it (getting a ride will be a piece of cake)

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Maybe post up your dates and some nice front ranger will give you a ride on their way up! Gotta be some nice folk willing to help out! Few of us headed up EARLY on the 10th of july!
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

This place is wasteland
    Quote Originally Posted by PBR me!
    Maybe post up your dates and some nice front ranger will give you a ride on their way up! Gotta be some nice folk willing to help out! Few of us headed up EARLY on the 10th of july!
    Yep. Post up date and time...

mtbr member
    wow - you guys are great - i would never even ask my 'best' friends or family to pick me up from BFE (aka dia) and this group will pick up strangers who make a post on the intranet. Impressive to say the least.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014

Limo Service

Don't waste time looking for a ride around Denver or using some taxi service, instead ride around with us in a beautiful limo of your dreams. With Denver Crown Limo you can make any day feel like a event. So if you're ready call us at 303-900-7000 or check us out at Denver Crown Limo to book a luxury limo TODAY

Paste eater
    Quote Originally Posted by LimoCO View Post
    Don't waste time looking for a ride around Denver or using some taxi service, instead ride around with us in a beautiful limo of your dreams. With Denver Crown Limo you can make any day feel like a event. So if you're ready call us at 303-900-7000 or check us out at Denver Crown Limo to book a luxury limo TODAY
    Is your service as timely as your posts?

Climbs = necessary evil

Transport from Denver Airport to CO Trail Seg. 6 trailhead

Quote Originally Posted by Jwind View Post
    Is your service as timely as your posts?
    Yeah, they'll be 3+ years late to pick you up too! Lol