Yappy little dog!

Trails, trails, and more trails!

Don't forget a great weekend of camping, riding, and building trails in Buffalo Creek (May 22 & 23). We need you there! Oh, and did I mention beer?

http://www.comba.org/content/join-us...-22nd-and-23rd

Additionally,

Remember when OSAC said they would find/buy some land for bike specific trails? Well, COMBA is trying to help this process along. I'll be checking out a potentially "shuttle-able" 1000 acres on Saturday, May 15 at 9:00 AM. No, it's not on the immediate Front Range (there really isn't anything available that close in with those features and amount of property), but it is in JeffCo. I need a few people to give me a hand in hiking the property with the owner. It will be a two mile hike (so, I guess you need to like walking - ugh). There is a service road through the area but I am told it would require a high lift four wheeler - so we'll forgo the Jeeping. It would to have people with some expertise on DH and uni-directional trails to check out features and the potential. Please PM me if you would be seriously interested in checking out the land and I will give you more details.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Take IE.

Oh... wait. His foot's all fvsckered.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Stop by the bike swap and buy all my stuff on your way up there.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

Yappy little dog!

Bump!

Not much response. I'll check it out because I was tasked with it, but then probably let this fade into oblivion. I'm guessing the shuttle dust has settled.

PDB
    SUFD
    I'd be there in a heartbeat if I wasn't already planning on being out of town.

I WILL commit to helping this become reality in any way possible.
    Want to go green? Want to be low impact?
    Buy 2nd Hand Products!

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by schnauzers
    Not much response. I'll check it out because I was tasked with it, but then probably let this fade into oblivion. I'm guessing the shuttle dust has settled.
    You'd think with as much as the DH/shuttle folks bemoan the lack of legal one way shuttle trails they'd be all over this. Maybe start it's own thread with an appropriate title to get folks attention?

Total Goober
    Sep 2009
    I'm supposed to lead a ride on Saturday, but that might fizzle out. I'll send a PM, just in case.

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by zrm
    You'd think with as much as the DH/shuttle folks bemoan the lack of legal one way shuttle trails they'd be all over this. Maybe start it's own thread with an appropriate title to get folks attention?
    I'm trying to be politically correct. There's no guarantee this will happen and I'd like to start the process on a calm and quiet note. COMBA told OSAC they would help look for property and quite frankly there is not much out there. Just tiny little parcels here and there, which aren't enough for trails.

I'm kind of thinking along the lines of a Bootleg Canyon with XC and DH type trails. It seems feasable from the topo of the property and could be very successful for the area, though not right off of C470.

rider of bicycles
    Jul 2008
    This sounds awesome- a legal, public directional trail(s) with an actual dedicated "DH". Although, the lack of response from the DH crowd may be because there is a Mountain States Cup race this weekend.
    That being said, I can't make it this weekend, but count me in for some digging.