mtbr member

trails around mt herman

i keep browsing front range forum looking for some new trails to ride in 2012.
    havent ridden around monument area yet so was trying to find more info. this is the only decent map i was able to find .

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

based on the map i see three potential loops, short, med, and long one.
    assume short one: from TH mark get on mnt herman road, climb up mnt herman road and than back to TH via 715 , stoopid trail?

longer one, on mnt herman road and 715 go north on raspberry-chaulauqua mnt trail and around mt herman back to TH

long one continue on mnt herman road and than north on 322A down to limbaugh canyon trail west to raspberry-chaulauqua mnt trail and around mount herman back to TH.

i have found info on short one but other two i didnt find any decent info, not even sure if bikes are allowed.
    HuRa
    architecture and interior design
    website facebook

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    pm kjbike- he is a good tour guide if you can keep up.
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

I think I can.

Just thinking out loud

What do you consider a short, medium and long loop?

Gonna be some time before the trails are ride able.

Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

mtbr member
    just planing ahead. short/med/long just based on those 3 routes. not sure about actual miles length, but i can alway figure out from google earth if i need to, as well as elevation profiles. i was just wandering if people ride these trails
    HuRa
    architecture and interior design
    website facebook

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Quote Originally Posted by brankulo View Post
    just planing ahead. short/med/long just based on those 3 routes. not sure about actual miles length, but i can alway figure out from google earth if i need to, as well as elevation profiles. i was just wandering if people ride these trails
    JoeMTBRColorado is the Monument expert around here (as are Jnorby and Baker). There are lots of good trails there that aren't on that map. There are better maps at some of the local shops.

We tried to do Upper Stoopid on Sunday and got stopped by the snow. We went down to Middle Stoopid and got freshies on the first descent and made it about 2-3 miles before we gave up and went to the road again. The lower preserve is ice packed at the moment and kinda wonky to ride if you don't have studs (which is the first time I've wanted studs in the last 6 years or so).

It's kinda hard to say when things will be rideable again. The temps are going to be chart toppingly high this week, but there is a lot of ice to melt.

formerly Nomad rdr
    Apr 2010

map

Pro Cycling has a good map of the area

I think I can.

Plenty of riding

The terrain in the MH area is different than most, for some of the bigger loops, over 14 miles you will feel like you are climbing most of the time. Area is mostly DG, and sand, the only place you will find mud is on the lower trails where all the dog walkers migrate.
    There is one very detailed map of the area if you can find it, with that you will have trail names and mileage, perfect for the area you interested in.
    If you want larger loops you can head up MH road or Balanced Rock road and extend your loops to unlimited miles.

Good luck to you.

p.s With time and exploration you can find some of the best single track on the Front Range, just gotta know where to look.

Dam,
    Bikes are FUN