Build Advocate Educate

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Trail Work: Buffalo Creek, Sandy Wash, Saturday August 17th

Our second work day on lower Sandy Wash trail will take place on Saturday, August 17th. We値l spend about 4 hours completing the work we started in July. This will consist mostly of better water management and flow line improvements. After the trail work, we値l hang out and relax over a BBQ or feel free to jump on your bike and go for a ride. We provide the tools and guidance so there痴 no experience necessary.

Please register so we can plan accordingly and contact you if plans should change. 

We値l meet on 543 Road between the two Sandy Wash intersections (see map). Park in the 543 Road parking lot and either hike or ride your bike to the meeting area. It痴 about 1.5 miles west of the 543 Road lot. Look for the COMBA trailer. We will begin promptly at 9:00 am so please arrive a little earlier. We will have coffee and light breakfast items available. 

Google map: http://goo.gl/maps/Pgjqt

Dress in sturdy work clothes including boots, long pants (recommended), long sleeve shirt, work gloves, hat and sunglasses. Remember to bring water, your own lunch, sunscreen and a pack to carry them in. A hydration pack works great for this purpose.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Keith Clarke at keith.clarke@comba.org. See you on the 17th.

Cheers,
    COMBA

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Bumping back up. This ain't about getting high or the best tire for the front range, this is about showing some love for one of the best trails in the Buff Ck. area, Sandy Wash. Join us this Saturday and help us make this trail better.

Build Advocate Educate
    Register here: www.comba.org/content/buffalo-creek-registration and see you on Saturday!

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Man, I know this is about the seventh time I've said "sorry I can't make it" but I really do hope to make on of your work days. BC is one of my favorite places and I'd live to give back. I hope you guys get a great turn out - Sandy Wash has really started to get a bit hammered over the last couple years.

mtbr member
    Trail Work Report: 20 people (COMBA staff + volunteers) created a short re-route on the lower section of the Sandy Wash Trail on Saturday, August 17, then went on to create numerous drainage channels to funnel rain water off the trail where some serious erosion has occurred. The whole project took just over 3 hours. Nice work, guys (and gals)!