Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Trail recommendations in Mueller State Park and surrounding area

833 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  kristian 
#1 ·
I will be camping in Mueller State Park over Labor Day weekend. I have camped there numerous times before but never with a mountain bike (which I just bought about 3 weeks ago). Anyway, have done alot of hiking in the park, but never biking. I assume they allow biking in the park? If so, any recommendations for trails? Nothing too terribly hard (I'm a newbie). Also, any trails you recommend in the surrounding area I could get to via short drive in the car? Thanks in advance!!

#2 ·
There are trails (well, double tracks) in the park where you are allowed to ride bikes. I haven't been there in 15 years or so but I don't remember anything too difficult so it should be great for a beginner.

Here is a confusing map to read with trails (see the key to see where bikes are allowed).
http://www.parks.state.co.us/SiteCo...ks/Mueller/Maps/MuellerRecreationalTrails.pdf

If you're looking for something else, Ramart Resivour near Woodland Park is a great ride with nice views. Stop at Team Telecycle in Woodland Park just east of the McDonnalds for a map if you're interested.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.