zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006

trail project in summit

The Summit Fat Tire Society will be teaming up with the town of Breckenridge open space department to finish out the Peabody to Middle Flume connector trail on Saturday Aug 9. If we get a good turn out we should be able to finish the trail. This trail will eliminate the need to use Gold Run Road to get from town to the Dredge area.

We provide snacks at registration and tools.
    You bring lunch, water, work gloves, bug dope, and rain gear.
    For more information, or to RSVP, please call Claudia Wiley, Summit County Open Space & Trails, 970-668-4092, or email claudiaw@co.summit.co.us

Hope to see you there!

Directions to Peabody Flume Trailhead
    Take Highway 9 through Frisco and turn left on Tiger Road (or right, if coming from Breckenridge). Take a right on Gold Run Road. Take Gold Run Road until it ends.

lone rider
    Iíve been hearing about this for a couple weeks and you are just now posting it.
    I might show up I need to give back to the community

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Yeah, to be honest, posting here was just an after thought. Nothing against MTBR, but at first thought I don't think of Front Range folks being the target for Summit Trail projects but after a little thought I realize that there are more than a few Summit riders who post here and who knows, maybe a front ranger or two might be in the neighborhood and want to help.

it will be nice to get this trail finished as it will make riding from town to the Dredge trailhead a nicer alternative to driving.