mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Trail conditions at Hall

anyone been to Hall since our last snow? Muddy? a lot, a little?
    debating a ride Wed....

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    frontside up to the bench will be fine, but not sure on it after that, or the loop. at least you can play on the frontside rocks. the loop may be ok....if the little stretch up top past the bench is good, then the rest of the loop usually is as well.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

theHeadlessThompsonGunner
    Yesterday (4 pm) it was wet, but only enough to make some of the 'slickrock' (ho ho) hard to find traction on. Wet gravel can be tough to find purchase in. The trail wasn't at risk yesterday, and should be fine after today. Some folks I met at the top said the stem was OK, but the loop was still under snowpack.

Hey Scrubby--when are you leaving for wherever you're going? Want to ride Backbone tomorrow if you're still 'round?
    "I've courted brain damage like some courtesan of darkness."

-The Good Doctor

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Hey Scrubby--when are you leaving for wherever you're going? Want to ride Backbone tomorrow if you're still 'round?[/QUOTE]

nah, not taking off. just a long day skiing out buchanan pass today, in really sluchy snow. was fricken hard to get any kind of consistant kick/glide going. my legs feel like rubber. doing a long road ride tomorrow, out hwy7 and hwy72 into boulder, and 36 back to longmont. maybe backbone, hall, or down south on wednesday?
    skiing or snowshoeing out of camp dick again thursday before work maybe. some climbing somewhere in there too. ugh. hurts. vitamin i to the rescue!
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

theHeadlessThompsonGunner
    Wednesday I've school, but will be on the road bike in the latter part of the day. I've put it to myself to actually train! I had quite a good ride today on the road--funny how a stinking light, quiet bike that's ridden with no involved drops or descents can actually be fun, eh? If all goes to plan, I'll be on the road bike at least daily for the next two weeks. We'll see.

I'd join you tomorrow, but I fear my 42 x 16 would leave me a bit short on some of 72's finer portions....
    "I've courted brain damage like some courtesan of darkness."

-The Good Doctor

ride
    Quote Originally Posted by slam
    anyone been to Hall since our last snow? Muddy? a lot, a little?
    debating a ride Wed....
    Hey Slam. I live in Lyons and I've got a website going for local riding info. Click on the link on my sig file. Go into the Bike Lyons! page. There's a button for local trail conditions.

Anyway, I was up on Sunday. It was fine to the bench. It may still be a little sloppy in spots, but it's cool if you ride thru the mud (not around). Anway, we've had pretty good warm sun lately, but the loop and the Antelope Trail are still a no go. At this rate, though, they'll be rideable sooner than later.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

thanks

yeah, ignazjr, found your site via redstone....cool.

If its not raining, we're riding it tomorrow but will probably avoid the loop. And no worries we ride thru not around (man, Hall has gotten wide in the last 4 years).

Card Carrying Member
    It was fine to the bench this morning, only one little puddle. I got to ride it 1.5 times and hike it once today... My phone bounced out of my pack and luckily a nice lady hiker picked it up and I ran into her while I was hiking up looking for it. Now before anyone says... why would you bring your phone... it's my alarm for me to get back and pick up my son.

Weather doesn't look as nice tomorrow, think I'll ride something from town.