mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Trail condition? - Indian Creek?

Is Indian Creek Rideable. I''ve heard from a few folks that there were a lot fo trees down from the last big snow storm. But that was weeks ago and I would figure the forest Service isn't that slow to get them cleared.

any info would be great thanks

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpyiliz

any info would be great thanks
    Search function?

Hairshirt Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles
    Search function?
    or maybe even the scroll function

Anyways, this is the thread you want Searching for Indian Creek info.. Take a couple of friends and folding saws with you.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    yeah i already read those and wanted to see if anyone else had been up there.

thanks for the juvenile and smartass comments so commonly found on these boards. They really promote a strong community of jackasses so commonly referred to as the mountain biking population on the front range.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    That's funny - so you were being disingenuous when you said "any info would be great"?

And I just read the most recent thread about IC conditions and someone posted 17 HOURS AGO saying "Some sections have been cleared but after doing it today, I wouldn't be up for doing it again anytime soon."

So what exactly do you want?

mtbr member
    I can't speak specifically about IC, but believe the other posters. This year seams worse than others for trees.

I rode the 1st section of the Colorado Trail to the Platte yesterday with DWF and Godzilla. Still some trees down, but getting better. We cleared several trees ourselves. Then we ran into another guy with a bigger saw that has been doing a lot of work on that section. We helped him out with some bigger trees.

It was a couple weeks ago when I started clearing trees with DWF, and it was just coincidence we both had folding saws on us. Now I'm noticing several other people out with saws and evidence of their work. Thanks to the efforts of a few it's getting better everyday, a few trees at a time.

Hairshirt Rider

thanks for the juvenile and smartass comments so commonly found on these boards. They really promote a strong community of jackasses so commonly referred to as the mountain biking population on the front range.
    I was trying to be helpful. You didn't indicate you had done a search and were looking for up to the minute beta. The folding saw and friends recommendation wasn't a joke. It is a good way to handle smaller downed trees and helps everyone in the long run.

FYI, most posters will caveat their requests with "I already did a search and didn't find what i was looking for" to head off the smart ass comments. Although, even that won't stop some of the flame throwers. Hope you have a good ride.

mtbr member

Since you are familiar with 'these boards' why don't you try bumping a post instead of looking like a newbie tard.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Indian Creek is clear

Rode the Indian Creek loop yesterday, along with section #1 of the Colorado Trail. The Colorado Trail has one big pair of trees to climb over about 6 miles in, otherwise clear. At least I went as far as the overlook of the South Platte about 3 miles above the river. Returned through Indian Creek and it was freshly cleared this weekend. Encountered a trail clearing crew on horseback and thanked them profusely.

Good to go.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rkappius
    Rode the Indian Creek loop yesterday, along with section #1 of the Colorado Trail. The Colorado Trail has one big pair of trees to climb over about 6 miles in, otherwise clear. At least I went as far as the overlook of the South Platte about 3 miles above the river. Returned through Indian Creek and it was freshly cleared this weekend. Encountered a trail clearing crew on horseback and thanked them profusely.

Good to go.
    Those equestrians, year-after-year, do the yeoman's work of clearing the deadfall from IC. We owe them our most sincere gratitude. Thanks for the update.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Quote Originally Posted by Rontele
    Those equestrians, year-after-year, do the yeoman's work of clearing the deadfall from IC. We owe them our most sincere gratitude. Thanks for the update.
    Try riding Steven's Gulch in July when it's a bombed out river of horse poo & piss. I'd take the trees over that any day. Used to be such a sweet trail before it was signed & "improved."

Sincerely,
    Horse Hater
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.