Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Not-quite-geezer RVer

Tourist Initiated Tits Situation: T.I.T.S. Thur night ride at Three (3) Sisters!

Yes, nerdier readers will notice this IS a recursive ride call!!! The rest of y'all can google that!

So here's the Situation. We've moored our RV in Evergreen this week, and since 3-Sisters is a mere mile or so away from me and since nobody else has called "TITS!" yet, I figured I'd just do it AND thereby be able to ride-to-the-ride!! (critical, since Ms FoldsInHalf will be out with the car tomorrow evening)

Usual 6pm start from the the usual upper Dedisse dirt lot.

OR

Optional early start from our RV at the Elks Lodge in lovely Evergreen city! (as mapped on debcar.com) Just arrive around 5pm, tour the rolling palace a bit, maybe enjoy a beer, then we'll roll the 2 miles through the 'hood to the TH by 6pm. RSVP via PM if interested in this option!

Hope some of y'all can make it out! The slower the better but all are welcome!

Cheers,
    Carey

PS: Oh, and anybody got a proper light I can borrow??? I'm gonna strap a pair of LED flashlights to my helmet otherwise, or maybe just bail a little early to get down before dark.
    Last edited by FoldsInHalf; 08-12-2013 at 09:41 PM.
    "Rollin' on 20s and 27.5s" ride reports and more at WWW.DEBCAR.COM : Debbie and Carey's RV Travel Website

I work in .001 tolerances

Re: Tourist Initiated Tits Situation: T.I.T.S. Thurs night ride at Three (3) Sisters!

This seems most worthy of my time.

Been hesitant to start a thread with my work schedule, but I think i'm in :thumbup:

Chronic 1st-timer
    My light will be sitting unused all week (I'm outta here tomorrow at lunch), if someone can grab it for Carey to use.
    22 Going on 23

Awesomist™
    Quote Originally Posted by FoldsInHalf View Post
    So here's the Situation.
    Your parents went away on a week's vacation?

Bummed I won't meet ya Carey, your folding bike skillz are teh legend. I'm out this week, headed to T-ride tomorrow morning at the not-so-@sscrack-of-dawn with Hirsch and a gaggle of other mouth-breathing Yeti owners to ride rides, drink drinks, and laugh laughs.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I'm in on this, if someone is willing to bring a light for me to borrow for the ride.

mtbr member
    Where you the guy that was riding the triple bypass last week on a folding bike?
    "Never get out of the boat. Unless your goin' all the way."

Chairman of the Beard
    As Evan pointed out, can't make it this week, but wanted to report we've had good success getting up and down the usual 3 Sisters route before dark the last few times out.

Though, to be fair, the last time we rode mighty Zeus got pissed and we didn't get to summit.
    The correct number of bikes one should own is N+1, where N is the number of bikes currently owned.

Green Chile Enforcer
    Jun 2009
    Count me in. I have an extra light I'll bring.

Not-quite-geezer RVer
    Quote Originally Posted by HomegrownMN View Post
    This seems most worthy of my time.
    Been hesitant to start a thread with my work schedule, but I think i'm in :thumbup:
    Joe Coolio, excellent, see ya. Oh and make me a bag for the folder, dude! That should keep ya busy....

Quote Originally Posted by lubes17319 View Post
    My light will be sitting unused all week (I'm outta here tomorrow at lunch), if someone can grab it for Carey to use.
    Hey Lubes, thanks--I don't know what part of town you're in but maybe you can connect with Klucks who is also lookin' for a light?

Quote Originally Posted by Klucks View Post
    I'm in on this, if someone is willing to bring a light for me to borrow for the ride.
    Hey Klucks, PM Lubes! Unless of course it's super-convenient for somebody else who's coming to get a lite to and fro Mr Lubes.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    Your parents went away on a week's vacation?
    Oh yeah, that's better than THE Situation, for sure...

Name:  The_Situation_s_New_Book_Is_The_Literary_Equivalent_Of_An_Ed_Hardy_Tee_fullsize.jpeg
Views: 1076
Size:  170.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    Bummed I won't meet ya Carey, your folding bike skillz are teh legend. I'm out this week, headed to T-ride tomorrow morning at the not-so-@sscrack-of-dawn with Hirsch and a gaggle of other mouth-breathing Yeti owners to ride rides, drink drinks, and laugh laughs.
    Quote Originally Posted by hirschmj View Post
    As Evan pointed out, can't make it this week, but wanted to report we've had good success getting up and down the usual 3 Sisters route before dark the last few times out.

Though, to be fair, the last time we rode mighty Zeus got pissed and we didn't get to summit.
    Too bad I'll miss you guys but apparently sacred Tribal Rituals trump even Tits for some guys! Was chatting with Yeti Joe at the WR demo a couple weeks ago and he nearly talked me into buying a new SB95C just so I could score a place to park the RV right in Telluride during the gathering. Y'all have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by MulletSlayer View Post
    Where you the guy that was riding the triple bypass last week on a folding bike?
    Nope, I'm no roadie but I do play one on TV. I do churn out a few incidental road miles on the folders (including a couple of bikepath centuries in Denver) but nothing like that. Odds are it was somebody on a Bike Friday. Good folders like those are actually NOT much of a disadvantage at all on pavement. Dirt is a different story though. Just plain stupid, really, but I do love it nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by slow View Post
    So counted! And thanx for the bringin' the lux.

BTW, I've got a mystery box of Great Divide and a few misc beers I'm happy to share, but they'll be back at the rolling palace at the Elks so might require a side trip.

Speaking of Elks... Debbie and I took a little ride this afternoon and saw this lot mosey calmly across the hwy from Dedisse toward the lodge this afternoon:

Aaaah, life in the mountains!
    "Rollin' on 20s and 27.5s" ride reports and more at WWW.DEBCAR.COM : Debbie and Carey's RV Travel Website

Quote Originally Posted by lubes17319 View Post
    I cannot make it to casa de Lubes to grab this light otherwise I'd be all over that.

Looking forward to pedaling some bikes!

Green Chile Enforcer
    Jun 2009
    BTW, I've got a mystery box of Great Divide and a few misc beers I'm happy to share, but they'll be back at the rolling palace at the Elks so might require a side trip.
    Sounds tough. But I'll do almost anything for free beer!

Not-quite-geezer RVer
    Sounds tough. But I'll do almost anything for free beer!
    Heh. Speaking of such... I think I saw a while back you'd made a homebrewed spoke tensiometer?? If true, por favor bring it over and we'll plink a few spokes on the rear wheel I re-built a few months back. I tuned it by ear to F# per some chart I found online and it seems to be happy, but my ears aren't exactly musically calibrated and I'd be curious to get an official readout.

Green Chile Enforcer
    Jun 2009
    Heh. Speaking of such... I think I saw a while back you'd made a homebrewed spoke tensiometer?? If true, por favor bring it over and we'll plink a few spokes on the rear wheel I re-built a few months back. I tuned it by ear to F# per some chart I found online and it seems to be happy, but my ears aren't exactly musically calibrated and I'd be curious to get an official readout.
    Yeah. I'll bring it. I haven't calibrated it to a known external source. So it's not going to tell you the torque in a rating you might be looking for. It will show differences between spokes and I have a ballpark idea what it reads out.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    What are the chances that extra light is for me!?

Green Chile Enforcer
    Jun 2009
    You might have to fight Carey for it!

Optional early start from our RV at the Elks Lodge in lovely Evergreen city! (as mapped on debcar.com) Just arrive around 5pm, tour the rolling palace a bit, maybe enjoy a beer, then we'll roll the 2 miles through the 'hood to the TH by 6pm. RSVP via PM if interested in this option!
    I might take you up on this early meet Carey. I'll PM you my numeros
    This will also make a better post ride beverage location as the PD isn't so hot on us hanging in the parking lot at Dedisse swilling beers.

Not-quite-geezer RVer
    Whoops, I called dibs on slow's light yesterday but a pre-ride "fight for light" sounds like a great new Tits tradition!!

(er, so Klucks I take it you didn't connect with Lubes regarding that light? If that cat's flown the coop you can still ride with us tonight, but just maybe bail a little early to beat darkfall as needed... I'll loan you my two LED flashlights to strap to yer head too if desired but that's only about 250 lumens and kinda heavy and weird but actually could get ya down in a pinch I suppose...)

Quote Originally Posted by HomegrownMN View Post
    I might take you up on this early meet Carey. I'll PM you my numeros
    This will also make a better post ride beverage location as the PD isn't so hot on us hanging in the parking lot at Dedisse swilling beers.
    You know the Elks was originally founded primarily as a drinking club back in the 19th century. It's only relatively recently they've gotten sidetracked with doing good deeds and such.

So yeah this is indeed a friendly venue for such things. There's even a bar in the lodge if we manage to drain our own supplies in the RV/parking lot... y'all stop on by.

See ya,
    Carey

Not-quite-geezer RVer
    Ah, just thought of an exciting twist...

Winner gets slow's light. Loser has to lug around slow's tensiometer.

Loser has to lug around slow's tensiometer.

You have no idea how bad that would be. It's a tanker

Green Chile Enforcer
    Jun 2009
    I'm also going to try to meet y'all early at the Carey moving condo.

The 5th knuckle
    Just got home from Boulder, pictures or it didn't happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernando Gutierrez
    The only thing you have to figure out is don't fall down. To keep riding the bike.

20" - 27.5" - 29" all in attendance.

Good dirt, good beer and Great company!

Carey's got some pics, I know it

Not-quite-geezer RVer

"TITS Happens."

Quote Originally Posted by jaycastlerock View Post
    Just got home from Boulder, pictures or it didn't happen.
    Pre-ride festivities at the optional starting point included tensiometering, illumination sorting, and hop loading:

The singlespeeders powered ahead in their characteristic fashion:

View from the top was stormy-looking but not actually stormy, a fine situation.

Talked "fire" with a dude who lives across the valley in the trees, yonder:

Hit the Sisters descent in the dark. One switchback slow hit literally, but thankfully, gently:

Only a small crew but a great time out. See y'all again next time!
    Last edited by FoldsInHalf; 07-19-2013 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Had forgotten a pic

The 5th knuckle
    Nice work boys. Wish I could have made it. I did have a couple Avery Twenty's in your honor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernando Gutierrez
    The only thing you have to figure out is don't fall down. To keep riding the bike.

Light freak
    Hey Carey,
    I feel like I totally let you and Klucks down as far as lights. I saw your post come across my phone while working on my car and just could find a minute to log on the computer. Been off from work replacing my timing belt on my old Honda, fun stuff! Still not totally fixed.

Sorry I missed this one

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast