mtbr member
    Oct 2003

Tour de Fat Ft. Collins

Hey, A couple of buds and I are travelin' to Ft.collins from MT for the TdF and to get some other riding in- Any suggestions for rides in the general area? We plan to return via RM Park, so we'll be going through Estes Park and maybe Steamboat springs.
    Also, is therecamping close to Ft. Collins?

Thanks!

FleshwoundGravityResearch
    Tons of camping near Ft collins. You can car camp right on the lake that you will be riding around during the tour de fat, or get a bit further away from civilization by driving an additional 30-60 minutes. Just depends what you are looking for. Same goes for riding, there are too many places to list, but perhaps someone has more time to point a few out for you.

single track ****

camping

Quote Originally Posted by mrdna
    Hey, A couple of buds and I are travelin' to Ft.collins from MT for the TdF and to get some other riding in- Any suggestions for rides in the general area? We plan to return via RM Park, so we'll be going through Estes Park and maybe Steamboat springs.
    Also, is therecamping close to Ft. Collins?

Thanks!

There's lots of natl forrest/camping up the poudre river(hwy 14), and you could camp and ride at Youngs Gulch. There's review/directions to it in trail review section. Also, hewlett's gulch is just few miles east of Youngs on hwy 14 for more riding. Steamboat is worth it for the hot springs alone, but has some good riding too. I gonna try & make the tour de fat too, and could give you some better camp/ride directions if needed. I'll be the one spinning madly at the back of the pack on black cherry/pupleish rigid ss 29er w/ yellow helmet/red pack. have fun! Miguel