Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

tougher ride: Deer Creek Canyon or Bergen Peak??

2K views 50 replies 19 participants last post by  TooManyToyz 
#1 ·
I live near Deer Creek Canyon OS park and have ridden it several times (always a humbling experience).
I'm looking to tackle Bergen Peak for the first time soon on the bike (I've hiked it once). In terms of overall difficulty(fitness + techical stuff), can anyone tell me which is the tougher trail?

Thanks.

#12 ·
Never done Deer Creek

Rufhausen said:
I live near Deer Creek Canyon OS park and have ridden it several times (always a humbling experience).
I'm looking to tackle Bergen Peak for the first time soon on the bike (I've hiked it once). In terms of overall difficulty(fitness + techical stuff), can anyone tell me which is the tougher trail?

Thanks.
But Bergen is out my front door... and it never gets easy. I usually do it counter-clockwise, although clockwise may be technically easier on the way up. If anyone thinks it's a "piece of cake", they're either lying or a phenomenal rider...

If you want to link together a nice longer ride - do Bergen - Dedisse- Three Sisters/Evergreen Mountain and back...

#14 ·
TooManyToyz said:
I haven't made it up to Bergen yet, but I'd expect the above to be true. 2k more elevation can make a huge difference.

I'd say Deer Creek and Mt. Falcon are similar though, excluding the WOS.
I have done Mt. Falcon - and it's a great climb, but certainly seemed easier than Bergen... certainly from a technical perspective...

#19 ·
DC has a couple of rough spots, but Bergen is fairly tough throughout.

DC is a bit far for me, like 40 min drive. But I've hit Hall so many times this year, I need a change. Care to join, Skared. Or are ya...scared?

Pau Gasol needs a haircut.... Go Nuggs!

#20 ·
chuckred said:
If you want to link together a nice longer ride - do Bergen - Dedisse- Three Sisters/Evergreen Mountain and back...
Yup, my front door, too... and I adore climbing up Bergen regulrarly .... IMO climbing Too Long (going counter clock wise) is just such a different climb than climbing Bergen Peak Trail (going clockwise). Too Long is a grunt of a climb, and it's a good 'work out' ... but Bergen is more 'entertaining' going up (all the fun stuff to clear). I climb both, depending upon my mood ;-)

And the B/DD/A3s/EM and back loop gets done regularly. Time to add more parks onto that adventure.

Jj

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.