Chairman of the Beard

Totally Innovative Trial Situation - T.I.T.S. Night ride! Ironworks! Thursday! 6 PM!

Time to demo a fat bike again. This will be my third time, but the first two were on Big Fat Larry's, which I understand are the Sochi hotel accomodations of fat bike tires. Time to see what the Bud/Lou combo can do on Clownshoe rims with a little packed snow. And a frame designed in Alaska? Sounds like a gold metal combo to me.

The Usual™ - Ironworks on Alameda at 6, rolling at 6:30, lap the big green hill a bit, and engage in some corndog destruction.

Also - if you hadn't heard, come to my birthday party/bike ride this Saturday! PM me for deets.
    The correct number of bikes one should own is N+1, where N is the number of bikes currently owned.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I am thinking this is worthy of my time

Awesomist™
    Bieks.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    What's Gm look like? Gonna be sloppy ?
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Is this open to the public? I was planning on riding GM a little later but could be down there by 630 instead. I'd be happy to contribute all the knowledge I've gained in my 2 1/2 weeks of fatbiking.

Chairman of the Beard
    Come one, come all! We're always happy to see new faces.

I can't comment to the sloppiness of GM, after today some bits might be. I haven't gotten a look at it in a while.
    The correct number of bikes one should own is N+1, where N is the number of bikes currently owned.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hirschmj View Post
    Come one, come all! We're always happy to see new faces.

I can't comment to the sloppiness of GM, after today some bits might be. I haven't gotten a look at it in a while.

My wife tried to go for a hike up Chimney and said it wasn't even good to walk on.....can't imagine Green Mountain is going to be any different. Even the park by our house in Golden is a complete mud fest.

Chairman of the Beard
    I bet if we stick to the North side we'll be OK. Can come up through the neighborhood and up two towers, maybe a summit loop lap and go see how the conditions are further out. Also it tends to harden once the sun goes down.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Just took a quick spin up to NTM and all the snow that had been packed down seems to have melted today. That and the wind kicking up has resulted in me chickening out. Hopefully you guys will prove my decision foolish but someone else will just have to be the straggler tonight. Next time...

Awesomist™

Totally Innovative Trial Situation - T.I.T.S. Night ride! Ironworks! Thursday! 6 PM!

Sounds like hirschmj and I are both running late. Still hoping to see some faces at Ironworks.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Chairman of the Beard
    Parts of it were on the verge. I bet tonight it's not too bad on the South facing stuff, but Towers was an icy swimming pool and last night the stuff that had seen sun was almost just barely rideable, with patches of mud. We called it off after a few hundred feet and went back to the bar for tater tots.

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Was still good seeing you guys! And the green chili tater tots were THE bomb!
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

I did it all for the kudo
    There are very few notable threads on MTBR's front range forum. And this is one of them