mtbr member

Top Level MTB Racing in Colorado Springs Next Weekend

Sand Creek Sports is bringing top level mountain bike racing to Colorado Springs next weekend.

It starts out with the USA Cycling National Series Short Track Cross Country on Friday, June 12th. The short track will be at Bear Creek Terrace where the May race and Wednesday night races are held. They're shooting for a course with about 5 minute lap times. Race flyer is here.

Saturday, June 13th is the CTS Sand Creek International Classic. It's 1 of only 7 UCI races in the US this year. It's being held at Cheyenne Mtn State Park. We have better trails but they some pretty good stuff there. it's easy to get to and has room for the expo. Most of the top Pros in the country are registered. I have more about the race on my blog.

You can still register online. There will be late registration too if field limits haven't been hit. Check out the Sand Creek Sports site for the latest info.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ultrarob; 06-06-2009 at 09:59 PM.

GTL
    mtbr member
    what do you expect the junior scene to be like?
    Le Tour de Tick MTB Race every April - 04/25/10 www.missouritrailssociety.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    The only thing I've heard from the race promoter is there are 254 riders pre-registered. Of those 58 are Pro Men and 24 Pro Women. No word on junior numbers.

Living Large in Germany
    Sep 2008
    just over 300 and looks like about 50 of those are 18 and under

<100%

Big Guns!

The Big Guns are in the springs this weekend!

All those tuckin' tail and going to WP raise their hands

GTL
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bena1916
    just over 300 and looks like about 50 of those are 18 and under
    Beauty! got a kid from MO gonna try some real mountains!
    Le Tour de Tick MTB Race every April - 04/25/10 www.missouritrailssociety.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    what a bummer. WP and this race are on the same day. I wish one of them was on Sunday at least. Oh well.

Team Inflexible

Dirt bikes in The CMSP????

What the hell do you need trials dirt bikes riding through the park for what "Pacing"?

Just had to b1tch because I enjoy not having to deal with stinky noisy motos in my sacred State Park where dirt bikes are not alowed. I am sure you had permission but I amost wanted to complain to the park service but my rant should suffice.
    Last edited by Jaydude; 06-10-2009 at 01:34 PM.

Living Large in Germany
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaydude
    What the hell do you need trials dirt bikes riding through the park for what "Pacing"?

Just had to b1tch because I enjoy not having to deal with stinky noisy motos in my sacred State Park where dirt bikes are not alowed. I am sure you had permission but I amost wanted to complain to the park service but my rant should suffice.
    The reason for the trials bikes was to pre ride the course as they are required by the UCI for the pro races on Saturday. The head ranger as well as the park manager gave approval for the practice and use on Saturday. Sorry about the inconvenience.

mtbr member
    Is that a picture of a dirt sidewalk? Is this a road race on dirt??
    Somebody better get me a stamp...I'm gonna send it

Biker Beau

Got dirt?

Oh, far from it...there are a few wider spots but there is plenty of narrow, technical, climbing bits with a few rock challenges thrown in for good measure.

My hat is off to the racers, they should have a fantastic time out on the course.

Hell, just riding the course was enough for me
    Disclaimer: I work @Angletech Cycles/CycleDifferent www.cycledifferent.com******www.medwheel.org