mtbr member

Today's adventure!!

What started as an innocent google map play ended in a fun Hike-a-bike! I wanted to go somewhere new and see what it was like. Well off to Morrison I drove after work. I decided to give Mt.Glennon a try, HOLY GNAR!! While it was a great hike and I will go back, Idon't see the bike returning. I spent a fair amount of the time on 2 feet, not 2 wheels. That said after I did find another path while up there I may venture to find. Also when I got to the bottom took a nice stroll around the Morrison area followed by a nice cruise up 74. All in all I had a great day exploring!

Getting started!

Thinking I may be in over my head

Stopping to look around

Getting a little further, break time again

More adventure!

Summit and back

Goat of Legend
    I'm understanding that IMBA, COMBA and Jeffco are in the works on new trails up there. There is a shelf on the east side that I've been eyeballing for a while.

mtbr member
    I'm in!

My cup runneth over
    I ride by that on the way to Mt. Falcon every time and often think about giving it a go - all the more so when looking back at the West side from Mt. Falcon itself. Was the west side more rideale?

A connector trail from Bear Creek lake through Mt. Glennon to Mt falcon would be perfect (would be a great extension to Goat's Morrisson Monster).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rmac View Post
    I ride by that on the way to Mt. Falcon every time and often think about giving it a go - all the more so when looking back at the West side from Mt. Falcon itself. Was the west side more rideale?

A connector trail from Bear Creek lake through Mt. Glennon to Mt falcon would be perfect (would be a great extension to Goat's Morrisson Monster).
    When up top I saw what looked like a possible trail on the west side, but I didn't see where you could get onto it so I can't say on that one.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    looks like a nice evening out, definitely lots of potential up there.

GL1
    mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Today's adventure!!

So on my post from earlier this week..."JCOS - The Good Vibe" I mentioned the new park that was going to be heavy on MTB and this...Mt Glennon is it.

As I said in that post, the city of Morrison wants this and apparently IMBA money is in this project for the first time with JCOS. I also have scoped it out and although it's rabbit trails right now, it does have a ton of potential ala DR. The JCOS trail builders said this is going to happen but again, because of flood recovery etc. didn't have a timeline. Of course I also asked about the potential of a Falcon connector and they said maybe but there are a few private land parcels on the other side that might make that a challenge.

Anyway, although it's doubtful this will spring up overnight I do think this has momentum behind it and is an exciting prospect even if it takes awhile to come to fruition.

And, as I referenced in my post, there is a possibility of a trail all along the hogback from Apex to Glennon and the trail builders encouraged me to encourage everyone else to write JCOS about all this. Again, they also advised me that communications that are more "general user request" in nature are probably taken into consideration more than those that might have a "please build us a sick MTB trail up there" lean if you get their drift.

All good stuff though like everyone I wish it could all happen quicker.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GL1 View Post

And, as I referenced in my post, there is a possibility of a trail all along the hogback from Apex to Glennon and the trail builders encouraged me to encourage everyone else to write JCOS about all this.
    That would be excellent!!

GL1
    mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Today's adventure!!

Funrover, I just PM'ed you about something regarding this.