Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004

titus super moto!

check this out!

super moto link

especially the last paragraph on the page. interesting how its set up for trail or FR with just the switch of a fork nad shock. makes me think it may be the way to go, cheaper than having 2 bikes (unless the titus is boo koo pricey)

anyone ever see or ride one of these?

locked - time out
    Awww FFS...I have been perfectly happy with my current ride, why'd you have to do that?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

me?!?!

why did IT have to do that to ME

that's one sweet bike huh?

gotta demo one! will call titus soon and find out how.

that's my problem, i get all my eggs in one basket (like i did with the chamuco) and think "this is it, this is it" then i find, nope, not quite. but i like the description

you?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

do i wanna ask...

what FFS means??

"I want it now!"
    Quote Originally Posted by wildman
    check this out!

super moto link

especially the last paragraph on the page. interesting how its set up for trail or FR with just the switch of a fork nad shock. makes me think it may be the way to go, cheaper than having 2 bikes (unless the titus is boo koo pricey)

anyone ever see or ride one of these?
    the sports garage in boulder has one for sale. i went into their shop looking for a new 5-6" travel frame and this was one of the bikes they recommended. apparently, they are hard to get a hold of. go check it out. and yes, its spendy.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

parts list?

Quote Originally Posted by Veruca Salt
    the sports garage in boulder has one for sale. i went into their shop looking for a new 5-6" travel frame and this was one of the bikes they recommended. apparently, they are hard to get a hold of. go check it out. and yes, its spendy.
    whats it set up with?

coil rear? DC fork? what. do they have a website?

locked - time out
    what FFS means??
    for f*** sake...

Very sweet bike - the pricing on their site looks to be around 1550 for a painted frame. If I were seriously in the market for a new bike, this would definitely be in the top 4 or so. You should check it out, wildman

Stand back

also on my list

whats it set up with?

coil rear? DC fork? what. do they have a website?
    It's an extremely versatile bike, with just 2 faults that I can come up with:
    1. slight weight penalty when compared to more trail-ish bikes, and
    2. interrupted seat tube, so you'd also want (as I had for my Switchblade) 2 seatpost and seat setups - one long one for xc, one shorty for dj/ urban/ dh
    And Decline has a test (altho not very in depth) on it this month. They liked it, but then they liked every bike they tested this month. The best thing I got from the test was the fact that built up for fr/dh, it came in at 39 lbs. Pretty good w/ a big old coil shock and triple clamp forks.

I've been looking to see one in person, and never yet seen one at WRC. Guess it's a little outside of their range...
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

Perpetually single track
    My buddy shaine rides one....a bit heavy for an all around bike. His is about 40lbs. Fun for me to play on though...

Hairshirt Rider
    That would fit the bill nicely. I'm on my second Titus, and the Supermoto would have been the third if not for the sweet deal on the AC.

I believe there is one Front Ranger who has one built up as a trail bike - perhaps he'll chime here. If you haven't already, do a search on the Titus forum too.

Bodhisattva
    Great bike.
    Titus is a top-notch manufacturer & I've been beating on mine for 3 years.

But....heavy (heavier than Chamuco) and expensive (ditto Chamuco).

Wildman, if you're moving into this category of bike then also consider the Turner 6-Pack & Azonic Saber.
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

― Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Check this out...

My buddy got one in early September and loves it. Check out the thread below. He hasn't weighed it but were guessing it's around 32-33 lbs. It's a little heavy for a trail bike but he's a clydesdale so it doesn't matter. It's set-up with 7" in the rear and 6" up front. Doesn't climb as well as my 5 Spot but I have trouble keeping up with him when gravity takes over. He bought the frame from Hammerhead bikes and paid MSRP... $1600.00. Not a bad price for what you get. He bought the rest of his components from Larry at Mtn. High Cyclery. I'll let him know you're asking and maybe he'll chime in. Good luck.

Super-Moto Ready to Ride

Bodhisattva
    Even with the Mav, I'm guessing it's closer to 34-35# with the coil shock & mechanical brakes. Still very manageable for a heavy duty trailride/FR bike, but I don't think the Mav is a good fork for FR and would suggest something like the Fox 36 (adds a pound) or Marz 66 (adds 2).
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

― Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

thanks, all good input

the geometry page lists 67.5 HA with 7x7. 70 wiht 6x6 trail setup. im wanting to demo one wiht 7 rear and 6 front. should steepen the HA by a degree or so?

it will definitely have to stay under 37#, as that's what larrys cham came in on my scale here at work. and if i remember correctly its HA was 67.5 also (dial scale protractor thingy on head tube). again, loved the cham, but looking for steeper HA for all around and still want the beef. saw the SM on titus' site and quickly fell in love wiht its looks (as i did the cham) and the performance after reading the desc.

any thoughts (squeaky, et al) on a 7 coil rear, and 6 SC fork? (i liked the z150 alot on the cham).

even tho the setup is made to swap shocks and forks for FR/TB riding, i dont think ill be investing in the parts right away, so want ot set up like the cham and see how it rides.

got an email in to titus to see bout demo'ing, will post their reply.

wheat rige doesnt carry them instock "let us know if we can do anything else for you".
    That's it? no, "hey, let us see what we can do?" or, "I'll call titus and check on their policy?"

oh well....

ill get a bike soon! just killing me in the meantime. specially seeing all your pics at palmer!

thanks guys

mike

rr
    I don't do PC
    Mr flip flop, cool bike. When you demo it make sure and do a decent climb on it so you get a feel for how it goes uphill too. The weight looks good and the HA looks good in the 6" mode, probably 69 or so real life, I bet the bike climbs pretty good in 6" mode. That bike should handle some of the palmer stuff you want to do no problemo, but is it stronger or a better pedaler than the Cham?, the Cham is half the price right?

DSR
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Someone was selling a Chamuco in the mtbr classifieds a bit ago for like $1500 or something. Search on it. Sweet deal considering that when you're done with it you can trade it into Ventana for a new frame and get 1/3 off. Assuming something like an X5, that would be like $650 in savings right there! Titus is great, but hard to pass up Ventana (new or used) for less $$$. Also check what Larry M can get you a new Chamuco for.

Actually, here's what you should do. Buy a Chamuco (or whatever) frame and then buy a Weyless 67 from Supergo for $999 (there's an 18 left at the Westminster Supergo) and then swap the parts over. The build includes a Z150, Hayes 8", mostly XT... Pretty darn good for the price. Who knows what you could get selling the frame though. The Swinger 4-Way shock should get a decent bit though. Anyway, an idea. S

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

maybe i should change my username...

Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    Mr flip flop,...
    you have a point

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

you should come shoe shopping with me sometime

takes me a year to find something. and those are returnable!

imagine my chagrin bringing a 2-3k bike home only to find out its wrong for me and i cant return it

man!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

this just in, from titus guy...

double post, real one below....
    Last edited by wildman; 12-22-2004 at 12:30 PM. Reason: none

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

this just in, from titus guy...

i emailed them some questions about the frame pivot where the shock link attaches (looks a little thin) and some demo questions, heres my reply.

"Mike,

Thanks for your inquiry. The Super moto frame is in its 3rd year since development and we've seen no issues with shock mounting on the front triangle's pivot block. The versatility and durability of the frames have been flawless. Your concerns are understood, but thus far a non-issue for performance. Other than website or catalog, I do not have individual photos of the specific area you are questioning.

"Freeride set up" is a very subjective thing. You may want to simply call me to discuss options; as it would take me all morning to type recommendations variable upon weight, travel, shock and manufacturer preferences... 800-858-4887. You may request a demo locally through Pro Cycling. Call Reese at 719-266-447. The shop may request a demo fee from you to cover the shipping cost back to Titus. We have medium and large SuperMoto built up as either XC/5.8" travel air shock bike or 6" Freeride set up. Let the shop know which option you prefer.
    Sincerely,

etc
    etc
    etc"

guess ill make some calls....

sincerely,

mr. flip flop

Outcast
    The sports garage in boulder has one of these built up on their sales floor, I saw it there last week.
    But you should buy my asx frame instead; it's much better!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

you really wanna sell that thing dont you...

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    The sports garage in boulder has one of these built up on their sales floor, I saw it there last week.
    But you should buy my asx frame instead; it's much better!
    you post your ad on every post you post (huh?!?!?)

anyways,....

A) ive ridden an asx, ProCycling, parking lot, steps, grassy hills and some electrical boxes. Dont think it pedals how I want to.

B) another poster above mentioned the sports garage. i asked for more details, didnt get any yet. found the sports garage online and there was no mention of this bike there. maybe ill call, but would love it if you or the other poster knew how it was built up

C) you really wanna sell that thing dont you

mr flip flop

Outcast
    I'd place "my advertisement" in my signature, if I knew how to. I'm just reminding you it's for sale; as much as you flip/flop, I might get you at a vulnerable time!
    I don't recall how the titus was built up; I was there on my own errand so I didn't pay attention to it. Call the sports garage and ask them!
    Yes, I want to sell the asx, I allready bought it's replacement.

Stand back

That's another one

Add the RFX to your list, Wildman. If you can find a used one in good shape, it'd do everything the S'moto would, but with an uninterupted seat tube and for cheaper.
    Hah, and you thought this was gonna get easier...
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

not only a salesman, but a clever one at that....!

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    ...as much as you flip/flop, I might get you at a vulnerable time! ....
    e tu brute' (or how ever you say it!!!)

whatcha got there? at the risk of sounding stupid or clueless....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast