mtbr member
    Aug 2012

In a time-crunch for a part.

Hi guys and girls,

Kinda bummy of me to make this one of my few posts on this forum (and to start a new thread for that matter), but I am in an emergency search for a part because I am doing a race thing weekend.

My rear wheel is completely shot and I upgraded to some 26" Mavic Crossride's last night. My problem is that they are a centerlock wheel and I need an adapter that can allow me to run 6 bolt 185mm rotor in the back.

Does anyone happen to have an adapter like this? I believe this is what I need online below.

JetBlack Shimano Centre Lock Disc Adaptor [JBBR-37] - $18.95 : Online Bike Store | TBSM

I didn't have any luck thus far with any bike shops having them currently, that's why I came to the boards. I could meet up somewhere within the Denver-Metro area sometime tonight, cash in hand. Haha what a strange request, but yep I ain't got alot of other options at this point.

Anyways, thanks in advance to any help.

Team Velveeta™
    Quote Originally Posted by wvmountaineerx View Post
    Hi guys and girls,

Kinda bummy of me to make this one of my few posts on this forum (and to start a new thread for that matter), but I am in an emergency search for a part because I am doing a race thing weekend.

My rear wheel is completely shot and I upgraded to some 26" Mavic Crossride's last night. My problem is that they are a centerlock wheel and I need an adapter that can allow me to run 6 bolt 185mm rotor in the back.

Does anyone happen to have an adapter like this? I believe this is what I need online below.

JetBlack Shimano Centre Lock Disc Adaptor [JBBR-37] - $18.95 : Online Bike Store | TBSM

I didn't have any luck thus far with any bike shops having them currently, that's why I came to the boards. I could meet up somewhere within the Denver-Metro area sometime tonight, cash in hand. Haha what a strange request, but yep I ain't got alot of other options at this point.

Anyways, thanks in advance to any help.
    One thing to consider: Go with a centerlock rotor. Probably kind of an expensive option--not sure what you'll have to pay. But if it's an emergency.

So you have a race; it wouldn't happen to be the Steamboat Stinger would it? If so, I'll be there. I could bring you a 160 centerlock rotor and an IS mount adapter for running a 160. I would trade you a beer for both of those things. I have so damned many of both on my parts shelf it's ridiculous.
    Tom Purvis - Salida, CO - http://teamvelveeta.tom-purvis.com

"I like my wimmen like I like my beer--cold and bitter!"

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I have these:

DT Swiss Center Lock IS (6-bolt) Adaptor - Wheelbuilder.com

I used them on XTR and XT centerlock hubs, quick release. Where are you at right now (4:50pm). They're in my storage unit at 81st and Sheridan. Could meet early tomorrow morning.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    TomP, I think I might have to take you up on your offer. I am not doing the Steamboat Stinger, but I am doing the Sunshine and Thunderhead Enduro's so I'll be right next door.

I'll be coming in from Denver sometime later (8-10pm) Friday night. If that's too late after that, I could come meet you early in the morning before your race. What time does it start?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    And thanks for the response XCguy!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    And thanks for the response XCguy!
    OK, I'm popping a Sierra Nevada Torpedo right now so my driving is over for today. If you want to meet tomorrow morning early let me know. You need a cassette tool and torque wrench to torque down the ring to the disc. They do the job real real well, no play.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

Rustycar
    I was in a similar pinch last fall and the only shop that had one was Wheat Ridge. Needed one same day and they had it. They seem to keep a good inventory of parts that other shops dont...just saying if it helps.

Team Velveeta™
    TomP, I think I might have to take you up on your offer. I am not doing the Steamboat Stinger, but I am doing the Sunshine and Thunderhead Enduro's so I'll be right next door.

I'll be coming in from Denver sometime later (8-10pm) Friday night. If that's too late after that, I could come meet you early in the morning before your race. What time does it start?
    I need to report for a riders' meeting at the base of Howelsen Hill at 7:45. My race rolls at 8:20.

Do you have all the tools and know-how you need? If I just handed you parts you'd be good to go?

Let me know. I'll PM you my cell number...

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by TomP View Post
    I need to report for a riders' meeting at the base of Howelsen Hill at 7:45. My race rolls at 8:20.

Do you have all the tools and know-how you need? If I just handed you parts you'd be good to go?

Let me know. I'll PM you my cell number...
    TomP, thanks so much for offering to help me out. Sorry to make such a fuss on the boards here, but I managed to snag me an adapter from performance bikes here in Denver right before they closed, so I am good to go. I really appreciate you guys being so willing to help out a stranger.

I'll be checking out the other stuff going on at Steamboat this weekend when I'm not racing, so if you see a guy with a West Virginia Hat or t-shirt, how about you holler at me and I'll buy you a beer. Thanks again!

Team Velveeta™
    TomP, thanks so much for offering to help me out. Sorry to make such a fuss on the boards here, but I managed to snag me an adapter from performance bikes here in Denver right before they closed, so I am good to go. I really appreciate you guys being so willing to help out a stranger.

I'll be checking out the other stuff going on at Steamboat this weekend when I'm not racing, so if you see a guy with a West Virginia Hat or t-shirt, how about you holler at me and I'll buy you a beer. Thanks again!
    Good deal WV. Always best to get a solution in plenty of time. My parts in your hands last-minute could have presented a problem that you still needed to solve. And it sounds like 160 isn't your first choice rotor size, so good.

I'll keep an eye open for you.

650b me

People helping people...

...or at least willing to help. Best feel-good thread this week.