Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Funrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,563

    Thursday Lunch Ride!!

    Well it was more like an early dinner ride, However it was still great to get out. Headed out and did some new trails I did not know about. The weather was great and I got to see a coyote just hang out, he moved when I reached for my camera, but I kinda got a shot still. With how cool that was there was some sad news from the ride, the "Big T" broke. The chain decided there were about 5 links that did not want to work anymore. had to phone a friend to get a ride back to work. Just made it, 40 seconds to spare!












  2. #2
    The 5th knuckle
    Reputation: jaycastlerock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,610
    Dohhhh. Bummer about big T. Like the new scenery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernando Gutierrez
    The only thing you have to figure out is don't fall down. To keep riding the bike.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Funrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,563
    This made me think, however, I should put a brake on as a back up. Going downhill w/o brakes took some life off of my shoes.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kosayno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    967
    Quote Originally Posted by Funrover View Post
    This made me think, however, I should put a brake on as a back up. Going downhill w/o brakes took some life off of my shoes.
    This made me laugh. Brought back memories of being 8 years old and getting my first BMX. It was a hand me down Schwinn painted green with house paint and had no brakes. I went through lots of shoes.

  5. #5
    3nf
    3nf is offline
    Aphonopelma Coloradanum
    Reputation: 3nf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    154
    Maybe a coaster brake?

    ELEGANT WHEELS - VELOSTEEL

    You'd have to build a new rear wheel...

  6. #6
    The 5th knuckle
    Reputation: jaycastlerock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,610
    I've seen the rat rod and PBR has ridden it. It has a coaster, but with no chain when it breaks, no brake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernando Gutierrez
    The only thing you have to figure out is don't fall down. To keep riding the bike.

  7. #7
    3nf
    3nf is offline
    Aphonopelma Coloradanum
    Reputation: 3nf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by jaycastlerock View Post
    but with no chain when it breaks, no brake.
    Oh yeah...


  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Funrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,563
    Quote Originally Posted by kosayno View Post
    This made me laugh. Brought back memories of being 8 years old and getting my first BMX. It was a hand me down Schwinn painted green with house paint and had no brakes. I went through lots of shoes.
    Glad to bring back memories!

    Quote Originally Posted by jaycastlerock View Post
    I've seen the rat rod and PBR has ridden it. It has a coaster, but with no chain when it breaks, no brake.
    I think PBR needs a klunker, just sayin....

    Quote Originally Posted by 3nf View Post
    Oh yeah...

    HA! Don't worry, the details caught me also!

Similar Threads

  1. Lafayette Lunch ride?
    By zott in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-31-2013, 02:32 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-19-2012, 10:38 AM
  3. OT: When you aren't motivated to ride at lunch.
    By jaycastlerock in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-18-2012, 05:20 PM
  4. ride lunch loops sunday?
    By mayno323 in forum Colorado - Western Slope
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-05-2011, 09:04 AM
  5. Pueblo lunch time ride Sat 5 March?
    By kjbike in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-05-2011, 05:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •