Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep

Thursday I'm Thinking Ssssss....T.I.T.S. Night Ride!!!

Singlespeeds (or gears whatever ya got!), sandywash, sippin a pbr, singin, sandwiches and Singletrack all under a FULL MOON OVER BUFF CREEK

Somehow these full moon rides seem to get a little silly! Been wanting to do the route we did a few weeks back for a while now! I would say were rolling no later than 6:30 maybe a little earlier depending on who's in. Carpooling from the fort leaving there by 5:30........

Just a little get together to pedal some bikes and smile big!

Good time to order up an Amoeba !!

Who's in this week!?? Maddie says she wants to go!
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

What you guys think that route was too hard or what!?

weak!

the blog

Old, stale, negative
    Kinda thinkin' about being a new recruit. I have a planned ride with a few friends. Maybe we'll just head your way. Where do we park?

Ranger station by 543, your rockin the new Amoeba aren't you?

the blog

mtbr member

Not too hard!

Quote Originally Posted by PBR me!

weak!
    If its the route we did a few weeks ago - NOT too hard, it was awesome!!

We just have to make the stars align to make it up to BC after work.

Hope you guys have a great ride!! If the "stars align", we'll see you at the ranger station.

Quote Originally Posted by ds2199
    If the "stars align", we'll see you at the ranger station.
    Lookin forward to seein that big green bike!!

the blog

not actually bad :)
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm
    Old Codger

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I am in for thursday.
    What about switching it up a bit and getting a little more downhill this time?
    I have not ridden down sandy or charlie's at night...........
    I have a few friends that want to come along, some have lights and some don't.
    Any word if scar is gonna being there to demo his sweet amoeba's?

Old, stale, negative
    Ranger station by 543, your rockin the new Amoeba aren't you?

New Amoeba and a need for some BC action.

Light freak

Trying to fit in my schedule

This week has been crazy already. Trying to set-up another demo on Weds. night for a 24 hour team. BC sounds wonderful. I will give you an answer on BC by tomorrow.

Stayin' Puft
    BC in the moonlight, and Thursday looks like this raincloud finally breaks for the day so should be prime, I'm in. I will plan to be EARLY this week to the Fort. This will be the last Thursday ride I can likely make for the next 6 weeks or so.

go ride!!
    I think I can pull it off this week, will know for sure later on. Maddie is definitely ready!

Awesomist™

weak!
    Woah easy there buddy! No route is too difficult, but what with ya'll being so in a hurry with your wheels rolling time, just a little too close to get out there for us nine-to-fivers. As much as most folks don't like waiting around, I don't like being waited on. Catch you on the next one mayhaps...
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Heads up Flyboy!!
    house hunting that evening and packing for Fruita this weekend. I'll catch ya on the next one.

mtbr member
    May 2007

anyone else from C/S?

I would like to join. If anyone else from C/S is going I can offer a ride.

Old, stale, negative
    Okay, for the uninformed. 285 to 126 and turn into that dirt parking lot on the left. Take the little dirt road across the street, Shingle Mill starts off to the left and Sandy Wash is off to the right?

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker
    Woah easy there buddy! .
    I was referring to the last night loop at Buff Creek, it was a sweet one! not the loop at sistas! Although that was a good one too and with Jj leading the pace it was a bit painful! But in a good way! I know bc is a stretch for some at that time but it is oh sooo good! hope you can make one soon!

the blog

bstrick sounds like you've got it! Some carpool from the Fort restaurant in morrison leaving there by 5:30(latest) meet 5:15. Should be good!

the blog

Old, stale, negative
    I have a car full. See you guys there. We're bringing lights just for show. If we need them cool. Can't wait for some suffering.

the blog

not actually bad :)
    Quote Originally Posted by bstrick
    Okay, for the uninformed. 285 to 126 and turn into that dirt parking lot on the left. Take the little dirt road across the street, Shingle Mill starts off to the left and Sandy Wash is off to the right?
    Unfortunately, I have to work until 6pm Thurs, so will be riding closer to Golden somewhere (anyone else? wanna meet somewhere?), but I remember a recent post from someone (too lazy to search) saying to park in the new lot that is 1/4 mile or so on the left side down the dirt road (543) .
    The dirt lot by the Ranger Station on the left side off 126 is supposed to be closed now.
    Old Codger

Old, stale, negative
    , but I remember a recent post from someone (too lazy to search) saying to park in the new lot that is 1/4 mile or so on the left side down the dirt road (543) .
    The dirt lot by the Ranger Station on the left side off 126 is supposed to be closed
    now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update.

Chronic 1st-timer
    Early finish Thursday w/no Friday morning in the sweatshop, so I'm in!
    Trailwrecker at large

tiny rider
    I think I'm in. If you see someone with a silly bike with silly wheels, say 'Hi'.

Sounds good all! If you have lights bring em because if you do the route i've got planned were gonna have to click em on prob for charlies and down sandywash if not a bit sooner. Not sure if Scar is comin or not.

the blog

No Amoeba demos will be available

Scar will not be there tomorrow night so no lights but if some want to come and do a shorter version come on out. The route we are doing will last into the darkness so plan accordingly.

Thanks

Bstrick check your pm

Take care Scar!!!

the blog

Quote Originally Posted by cartographer
    I think I'm in. If you see someone with a silly bike with silly wheels, say 'Hi'.
    Can't wait to see that! hopefully maybe get a short parking lot spin on it!!

the blog

mtbr member
    Hey PBR, things are looking good for me to join you guys tonight. TITS virgin! Looking forward to meeting everyone.

tiny rider
    Can't wait to see that! hopefully maybe get a short parking lot spin on it!!
    Absolutely! In fact, you can ride up every hill on it

Actually, I'm more than happy to let folks give it a try, particularly if we can find something more interesting than the parking lot to play on. That's where it gets really fun

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cartographer
    Absolutely! In fact, you can ride up every hill on it

Actually, I'm more than happy to let folks give it a try, particularly if we can find something more interesting than the parking lot to play on. That's where it gets really fun
    36'er?
    (got to pedal one around for a short bit last fall)

tiny rider
    Quote Originally Posted by gotdirt
    36'er?
    (got to pedal one around for a short bit last fall)
    It will be my first trip to BC with the big wheels. I'm not sure how the tires will handle the looser corners, but I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Well that makes two big green machines tonite then!! Assuming your walt is green!

Now we'll have had a guy rollin on 20's, 26ers, 29ers, 69ers, tandems, now 36ers! Ok whos gonna do it and bring out the uni??

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0NTmC51XL9I&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0NTmC51XL9I&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Im goin strait up to conifer so i wont be at the fort, but Jerry will be so plan on leaving there by 5:30 See you all up at BC!

the blog

mtbr member
    Have fun.. I am at work!

The Full moon did not disapoint!! I think 10 of us tonight! Chad i switched up the route for the fun descent down Sandywash and you weren't there! Whats up?!

Got to pedal a 36er around a bit was looking for the jake brake on the way back down! She rolls nice! Made my 69er feel all weird and squirrely after that.

Canyonrat i see you on here so im guessing you found your way back, you and lubes had a posse out lookin to round you up. I'm not sure where you guys broke off. Sorry lubes, guess i know what your doin tomorrow am!

sweet ride like hair under 27 with about +2970'

Glad to meet some of you new folks! Pics up tomorrow camera died mid ride.

the blog

Light freak

How Night-Riding Is Like Hotel Sex

Found this post on somebody's blog titled "How Night-Riding Is Like Hotel Sex" - http://watchingtheworldwakeup.blogsp...hotel-sex.html Great write up.

Sounds like the ride was another good one, wish I could have been there. Can't wait to see some photos.

go ride!!
    Good ride for sure! B&W apologizes for being such a susie cream cheese. Next time she'll be back up to par. BTW, I dig the 36er even though she was slightly to big for me. peace

Stayin' Puft
    The Full moon did not disapoint!! I think 10 of us tonight! Chad i switched up the route for the fun descent down Sandywash and you weren't there! Whats up?!

Got to pedal a 36er around a bit was looking for the jake brake on the way back down! She rolls nice! Made my 69er feel all weird and squirrely after that.

Canyonrat i see you on here so im guessing you found your way back, you and lubes had a posse out lookin to round you up. I'm not sure where you guys broke off. Sorry lubes, guess i know what your doin tomorrow am!

sweet ride like hair under 27 with about +2970'

Glad to meet some of you new folks! Pics up tomorrow camera died mid ride.
    Sorry man, we split off when BBD did to head back along the roads. Lubes was a little tentative to ride the rest with the broken front brake, and I knew if he crashed I could not carry him back to the car the way BBD carries Maddie...

tiny rider
    That was fun! Nice meeting all y'all. Thanks particularly to PBR me! for organizing.

I didn't take many photos, and most were weak. But here are a handful just for fun:

Old, stale, negative
    Great night. Thanks for holding us together Kevin. I look forward to a couple more TITS rides this summer. BTW, that drive home was tough. I usually get up at 5 and at work by 6. I'm just rolling in now and it's 9. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Chronic 1st-timer
    Quote Originally Posted by canyonrat
    Sorry man, we split off when BBD did to head back along the roads. Lubes was a little tentative to ride the rest with the broken front brake, and I knew if he crashed I could not carry him back to the car the way BBD carries Maddie...
    You calling me fat?!
    It's a glandular problem.

Thanks for the ride canyonrat, & enjoy your trip this week.

Got an old lever/caliper up front this am, so ready to roll again.
    A completely uneventful breakage as I was steppingoff/lying it down when kjbikes? chain blew.

As Chef says when they encounter the tiger, "Never get off the bike, never get off the bike."
    Trailwrecker at large

mtbr member
    Wow. You guys totally kick ass. My ass specifically. Thanks for letting me ride with you, and it was awesome to meet you guys.

For those of you that enjoyed watching me suffer as you passed me at twice my speed, here is something for your enjoyment:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/6540440

Be sure to check out the graphs of my heartrate (Did any of you guys know CPR?)

Yah, i was up for a bit when i got home and set the alarm for 5:45 got up made coffee and was all ready and looked at the baseball tourney schedule and he didnt have to be there until 8:00 oh well!

Thanks, I enjoy putting these together! Always good to meet new folks and ride with you guys!

the blog

Old, stale, negative
    Quote Originally Posted by av_boy
    Wow. You guys totally kick ass. My ass specifically. Thanks for letting me ride with you, and it was awesome to meet you guys.

For those of you that enjoyed watching me suffer as you passed me at twice my speed, here is something for your enjoyment:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/6540440

Be sure to check out the graphs of my heartrate (Did any of you guys know CPR?)
    When you said you'd been redlining all day I thought you were kidding. You and I need to train to ride with those guys. I stand by my same old excuse, damn kids! If I only had more time. Totally lame I know but feel I need to justify my dragging ass all night. Still one of the most fun rides I've done.

mtbr member
    What tourney are you in this week PBR- me... Were at the summer slam...

Quote Originally Posted by wellswheels
    What tourney are you in this week PBR- me... Were at the summer slam...
    We are too! playing in the 12's div. 2 and we are an 11 yr old team what team are you on?

the blog

mtbr member
    Thornton Thunder 11's div 2, We are a AAA 11 moved up from AA this year Doin ok
    1&1 today... What team are you on?

Were 11 majors Colorado Bulldogs, but playing 12's for this tournament 1-1 today.

the blog

mtbr member
    So, I am considering a 29er SS. Any words of advice from you guys?

Old, stale, negative
    Budget has a lot to do with that question. My French friend was on a Felt SS with reba last night and that only ran him like $1700. It just goes up from there. Haro makes a $1000 rig that would work for sure. Steel frame (which I love runs $500-1500) would be a great start to a build. Ti is all about research and preference. I love this crap so hit me up if you want links and stuff. I don't want to intrude but builds are a hobby no matter who gets to ride it.

mtbr member
    Hear that team kick's some serious butt!!! How's next week's T.I.T.S. ride looking?
    I have two boy's playing ball so I'm going all over! Sure is fun! My oldest play's for Golden
    HS & there playing summer ball so if there aren't any game's next Thursday I'm in..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast