Thread: Thurs PM ride?

DSR
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Thurs PM ride?

I know the idea of a ride tomorrow night was kicked around yesterday. Still interest? I think I can get a hall pass (npi!). Lyons area? Other suggestions certainly welcome. I guess we'll have to wait and see how much snow we pick up today. Maybe ignazjr can give us a report from Lyons tomorrow. Anyway, sound off regarding interest. I'll probably be pushing my SS (slowly). The geared bike is still sans brakes. S

DSR
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quick follow up... Cubicle boy (me) just heard that we've got almost a foot in north Boulder. That may dampen the interest level a bit. Again, we'll see what things look like tomorrow. S

single track ****

I'm in

Quote Originally Posted by DSR
    I know the idea of a ride tomorrow night was kicked around yesterday. Still interest? I think I can get a hall pass (npi!). Lyons area? Other suggestions certainly welcome. I guess we'll have to wait and see how much snow we pick up today. Maybe ignazjr can give us a report from Lyons tomorrow. Anyway, sound off regarding interest. I'll probably be pushing my SS (slowly). The geared bike is still sans brakes. S

Hall or Horsetooth sound fun to me. I can meet in Lyons by about 6:40, or a bit earlier if Horsetooth.

ride

brrr!

Maybe ignazjr can give us a report from Lyons tomorrow.
    Lots of snow. I came home to 3-5" in town. More high up. Should make Hall interesting, especially taking into consideration all of the packed snow and ice underneath.

Probably won't be able to make it - have a fun ride!
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

Feeding your addiction
    We got nothing at all in Loveland, and only a tiny trace in Ft.Collins. Backbone is partially snowy from the last storm but in very good condition. Some of the Horsetooth or Pineridge/Maxwell stuff might be good (though mostly packed snow) too.
    Larry Mettler
    http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com

DSR
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Good updates. Hall may be a no-go. What do you think Miguel? I could shoot up to Backbone or Horsetooth (Liontooth?!), but would need to make it a little later - probably 7-7:30 and would be willing to do later. Larry - Would you be able to swing a ride up that direction? We've still managed to avoid eachother on the trails! S

single track ****

sounds good

Good updates. Hall may be a no-go. What do you think Miguel? I could shoot up to Backbone or Horsetooth (Liontooth?!), but would need to make it a little later - probably 7-7:30 and would be willing to do later. Larry - Would you be able to swing a ride up that direction? We've still managed to avoid eachother on the trails! S

I'll meet you at Larry's shop at 7-7:30, and we'll dream something up.

DSR
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    You think we can hit something that the dogs can tag along on? Not critical, but if Backbone or Horsetooth are dog-friendly I may bring my lab along. He can crank out some miles and is good around bikes. Especially if you were thinking of bringing yours out. Don't know if they'd act as lion-bait though. Thoughts? S

single track ****

we could take dogs

You think we can hit something that the dogs can tag along on? Not critical, but if Backbone or Horsetooth are dog-friendly I may bring my lab along. He can crank out some miles and is good around bikes. Especially if you were thinking of bringing yours out. Don't know if they'd act as lion-bait though. Thoughts? S

and hit one of trails further up canyon in National forrest- they'ld be more dog compatible- as would horsetooth. Backbone doesn't work too well w/out parking in lot.